• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Listen to yourself man. Entitled over a fucking virtual item in a video game? Are you fucking kidding me.

I remember when you could unlock everything in a game just by punching in some cheat codes. Now it's like having a second job that doesn't pay just to get some gun in a video game.

Excuse me? People are certainly entitled in this game! Half of Reddit wines about not getting exotics from every single Nightfall! My comments were directed at complaints about the 'smart loot' system and that people aren't getting the exact drops that they want, a complaint I personally fell is currently unwarranted due to the content only being out for two weeks.

RexNovis

Banned
Listen to yourself man. Entitled over a fucking virtual item in a video game? Are you fucking kidding me.

I remember when you could unlock everything in a game just by punching in some cheat codes. Now it's like having a second job that doesn't pay just to get some gun in a video game.

You forget that those games were so hard that they often required the use of chet codes for mere mortals to complete them (Contra, X-Men 2: Clone Wars, etc etc). Besides, requiring effort for a reward is a compelling gameplay mechanic. Just look at the souls series. Easy access to anything and everything just leads to utter boredom. IMO rewards like raid items and exotics should be a testament to your mastery. Regardless nothing he said was offensive or uncalled for. People think they should be able to get everything in the game without putting in the effort or time to do so. That much is obvious on pretty much any forum that regularly talks about it. That's not to say bungie doesn't take it a little too far sometimes but thats not what he was getting at. So maybe chill out with the condescension a bit...

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I just started the hard mode undying mind strike for hunger pangs. If anyone would love to help out just jump in PSN diggymow (I will love you) No mic at the moment though.

DocSeuss

Just finished that quest.
This is the reward.
VZ8leVJ.jpg

I didn't get any of that stuff on my hunter.

Excuse me? People are certainly entitled in this game! Half of Reddit wines about not getting exotics from every single Nightfall! My comments were directed at complaints about the 'smart loot' system and that people aren't getting the exact drops that they want, a complaint I personally fell is currently unwarranted due to the content only being out for two weeks.

You forget that those games were so hard that they often required the use of chet codes for mere mortals to complete them (Contra, X-Men 2: Clone Wars, etc etc). Besides, requiring effort for a reward is a compelling gameplay mechanic. Just look at the souls series. Easy access to anything and everything just leads to utter boredom. IMO rewards like raid items and exotics should be a testament to your mastery. Regardless nothing he said was offensive or uncalled for. People think they should be able to get everything in the game without putting in the effort or time to do so. That much is obvious on pretty much any forum that regularly talks about it. That's not to say bungie doesn't take it a little too far sometimes but thats not what he was getting at. So maybe chill out with the condescension a bit...

I couldn't disagree more. If they wanna complain, let them. People don't want to have to run the raid endless times to get stuff in a game they already own. I understand that goes against the destiny or MMO culture but it never made sense to begin with. Most of the stuff is RNG anyways, so it's not even about "mastery" of anything.

It's been going down this road for too long. Every game wants you to put in countless hours to unlock content and there's no way around it. Forza makes you unlock tracks and cars, Call of Duty makes you level up a bunch to unlock guns/perks, and it just goes on. Wasn't always like that at all so using the word entitled just sounded so outrageous. What's the harm? That everyone will have that thing you have and now you can't flaunt it around anymore? That's no loss.

maomaoIYP

I have an apple of discord that is better than Bad Juju and I don't even like that. Part of my problem is I don't like pulse rifles all that much.

I'm not a huge fan of the Hakke pulse rifles, all of them kick to the left quite a bit, especially the high impact variations. Bad Juju is alright, but it's still not as good as my old hopscotch. As it stands I still don't have a primary that is ready for trials/banner.

Do you like scouts? I never liked scouts but the suros scouts are really making me quite happy for now. I also intend to test more handcannons, in particular the lovely omolon ones.

Acidote

Things to do today:

· Pick up my POS broken car from the shop.

· Destiny: Nightfall. Dailies. Solar sword strike (I'll need people here). Raid in TTK for the first time maybe?

RexNovis

Banned
I couldn't disagree more. If they wanna complain, let them. People don't want to have to run the raid endless times to get stuff in a game they already own. I understand that goes against the destiny or MMO culture but it never made sense to begin with. Most of the stuff is RNG anyways, so it's not even about "mastery" of anything.

It's been going down this road for too long. Every game wants you to put in countless hours to unlock content and there's no way around it. Forza makes you unlock tracks and cars, Call of Duty makes you level up a bunch to unlock guns/perks, and it just goes on. Wasn't always like that at all so using the word entitled just sounded so outrageous. What's the harm? That everyone will have that thing you have and now you can't flaunt it around anymore? That's no loss.

Way to just completely gloss over everything I said. The exotic quest chains are absolutely a testament to mastery. Raid loot is also a testament to mastery. If you want that gear you need to put the time and effort in to learn the applicable mechanics. This is absolutely essential for these items to be "rewards" instead of just plain old "loot". If you have a problem with that game design philosophy then play a different game don't demand that an already established title change to suit your desired play style.

RexNovis

Banned
I'm not a huge fan of the Hakke pulse rifles, all of them kick to the left quite a bit, especially the high impact variations. Bad Juju is alright, but it's still not as good as my old hopscotch. As it stands I still don't have a primary that is ready for trials/banner.

Do you like scouts? I never liked scouts but the suros scouts are really making me quite happy for now. I also intend to test more handcannons, in particular the lovely omolon ones.

You should pick up the dead orbit weapon "Hung Jury". It is an amaze balls scout rifle.

Way to just completely gloss over everything I said. The exotic quest chains are absolutely a testament to mastery. Raid loot is also a testament to mastery. If you want that gear you need to put the time and effort in to learn the applicable mechanics. This is absolutely essential for these items to be "rewards" instead of just plain old "loot". If you have a problem with that game design philosophy then play a different game don't demand that an already established title change to suit your desired play style.

Would I be allowed to say using the word "entitled" is totally ridiculous? This isn't about the exotic quests, it's about raid RNG drops.

Despite being mindless busy work, the exotic quests haven't gotten much complaints since it's at least fair to all.

I haven't used scouts much in the past because they haven't been competitive, but I'd like to try them now if I could get one I liked. Unfortunately all I have now is the Boolean Gemini and I can't stand the sights on it. My problem with scouts has always been their ttk. They need to be faster or have more impact across the board.

Edit: also from what I've seen Omolon hand cannons are ass. That could be a matter of my taste though.

Thanks Sentialprimus for your help in Undying Mind hard! That was easier than I expected even.

No worries! It only gets a bit hairy solo when you have to kill those Wizards in that hallway, much easier when you have a team to nuke them quickly before they can get out of hand. Best of luck with the rest of the ToM quest, it is well worth it.

lupin23rd

Having some weird luck with scouts.

Previously had a Cocytus (sp?) with Firefly and Icarus, which I tossed for the Tlaloc quest.

Got a Last Extremity with Firefly and Life Support, and wondered if I should bother with Hung Jury.

Decided to buy the Hung Jury last night.

Tonight my first primary weapon engram is Last Extremity with Firefly and Triple Tap...

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
any reason not to use the raid 304 autorifle for infusion? even with the stability up, seems kinda meh, cocoon is cool though. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything nifty about it

RexNovis

Banned
I haven't used scouts much in the past because they haven't been competitive, but I'd like to try them now if I could get one I liked. Unfortunately all I have now is the Boolean Gemini and I can't stand the sights on it. My problem with scouts has always been their ttk. They need to be faster or have more impact across the board.

Edit: also from what I've seen Omolon hand cannons are ass. That could be a matter of my taste though.

Nah omolon hand cannons are downright horrible. Their scout rifles and AR are fantastic though. They have some really good sights and perk options

any reason not to use the raid 304 autorifle for infusion? even with the stability up, seems kinda meh, cocoon is cool though. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything nifty about it
Haven't really heard any good things about the AR. So if your not into collecting infus away. Haven't used it yet tho.

It's pretty decent if you roll it with Crowd Control, everything else is average so if you don't enjoy it overly just infuse it into your Hung Jury or other favourite primary.

GlamFM

Banned
To do list for today:

-work for 8 more hours

-find 18 more flakes to max out my Touch of Malice

-find Raid group

-DOMINATE

maomaoIYP

You should pick up the dead orbit weapon "Hung Jury". It is an amaze balls scout rifle.
I blew my marks last night to pick up The Villany, in case IB pops around suddenly and I don't have a reliable primary. I would have picked up Hung Jury, but I still need more practice with SRs in crucible.

I have Boolean, Jade Rabbit and a Suros Dis-43 from the armsday. My favorite is the Suros. But you are right, they've never been competitive. 4 shots minimum to kill. With long ranged HCs out of the way maybe they can shine in larger maps now. I had a lot of fun last night on Black Shield.

RexNovis

Banned
I blew my marks last night to pick up The Villany, in case IB pops around suddenly and I don't have a reliable primary. I would have picked up Hung Jury, but I still need more practice with SRs in crucible. .

Well something about the hung jury feels fundamentally different than most other scout rifles I've used. Closest analog would be MIDA but HJ packs a bit more of a punch and has Much better sights. If you want to practice in prep for HJ though id say use MIDA for a bit and that'll give you a rough idea of what to expect.

Basically hung jury = MIDA with higher impact and range, better sights with slightly slower reload speed

Red Death is my current leader for trials/banner. On Iron Banner it could potentially return today so remember to be in orbit 10 minutes before Bungie reset time (10amPST, 6pm GMT) to glitch in and pick up the sweet loot for free

I have Boolean, Jade Rabbit and a Suros Dis-43 from the armsday. My favorite is the Suros. But you are right, they've never been competitive. 4 shots minimum to kill. With long ranged HCs out of the way maybe they can shine in larger maps now. I had a lot of fun last night on Black Shield.

It's tough because pulse rifles can reach into scout ranges in the majority of encounters. I probably just need to drastically change my playstyle to adjust for this and make sure to engage at long range and get the first shot in.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Haha okay I'm doing Fear's Embrace hard for hunger pangs now... PSN diggymow. If anyone can drop into help I'll love you. Should only be a couple of minutes. I'm already at the end.

Edit: My saviour again! haha thanks Sentinalprimus.

BahamutPT

So hard getting out of 297 :(
Specially when raid just keeps sharding me.
Edit: what does oryx give you when you have 20 shards plus?

A second drop basically.
I got 2 Moldering Shards (and gloves as first drop) on my Warlock today on his second run, but got two raid drops on his first attempt.

Top Bottom