• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Coming from playing Destiny since launch on the Xbox One, I've noticed something about the thumbsticks on the ps4 version. It seems there is a noticeable deadzone. Is there any way to fix this in system or game settings?

maomaoIYP

Well something about the hung jury feels fundamentally different than most other scout rifles I've used. Closest analog would be MIDA but HJ packs a bit more of a punch and has Much better sights. If you want to practice in prep for HJ though id say use MIDA for a bit and that'll give you a rough idea of what to expect.

Basically hung jury = MIDA with higher impact and range, better sights with slightly slower reload speed
Nice, gonna take out my MIDA for a few games later. I wasn't sold on it last time, but maybe I'll like it this time.
Red Death is my current leader for trials/banner. On Iron Banner it could potentially return today so remember to be in orbit 10 minutes before Bungie reset time (10amPST, 6pm GMT) to glitch in and pick up the sweet loot for free
I don't have a year 2 red death yet. I was never a huge fan of it in year 1 though. I don't want to spend 150 marks on it, I'll wait for the engram drop instead. 6pm GMT is 2am for me LOL. I blew all my glimmer yesterday on the Jolly Holliday quest anyway.
It's tough because pulse rifles can reach into scout ranges in the majority of encounters. I probably just need to drastically change my playstyle to adjust for this and make sure to engage at long range and get the first shot in.
A noticed a few Hung Jury players beating me quite soundly when I was rocking my hopscotch. Those dudes fired real fast and dodged left and right at a rate faster than my pulse rifle recovery time.

Question for the Crucible inclined, it Grenade&Horseshoe still useful on rockets? Wanna pick up the FWC vendor one but not sure it is worth the investment.

maomaoIYP

Question for the Crucible inclined, it Grenade&Horseshoe still useful on rockets? Wanna pick up the FWC vendor one but not sure it is worth the investment.

Yes. It is also my go-to RL for PvE content.
But I have not yet decided if RLs are the way to go in PvP. They only get 2 rockets per ammo crate (unless you have tripod).

Just calling it like it is. To use the word entitled over some game item is so laughably tragic to me.

no, it's tragic that people feel entitled to something as stupid as a video game. he was absolutely right, and it's been that way since the game released. if you don't get something within the first couple weeks of release, it's "FUCK BUNGIE". it's embarrassing.

Yes. It is also my go-to RL for PvE content.
But I have not yet decided if RLs are the way to go in PvP. They only get 2 rockets per ammo crate (unless you have tripod).

Yeah I noted that when playing today, only got three with the increased rocket perk on my boots. Might as well pick it up anyway as I am not really looking at anything else. Thanks!

I couldn't disagree more. If they wanna complain, let them. People don't want to have to run the raid endless times to get stuff in a game they already own. I understand that goes against the destiny or MMO culture but it never made sense to begin with. Most of the stuff is RNG anyways, so it's not even about "mastery" of anything.

It's been going down this road for too long. Every game wants you to put in countless hours to unlock content and there's no way around it. Forza makes you unlock tracks and cars, Call of Duty makes you level up a bunch to unlock guns/perks, and it just goes on. Wasn't always like that at all so using the word entitled just sounded so outrageous. What's the harm? That everyone will have that thing you have and now you can't flaunt it around anymore? That's no loss.

there are tons of short games out there. go play those if you want instant gratification. pretty simple.

neoism

so guys has this happened to anyone before... i play too much today lol

i just turned off my ps4 and the texted saying it was powering off sayed on the screen and it took like another minute or something to turn off like it had like 10-15 more white flashing lights then when it did it made a beeping noise...

whats that mean?

i just turned off my ps4 and the texted saying it was powering off sayed on the screen and it took like another minute or something to turn off like it had like 10-15 more white flashing lights then when it did it made a beeping noise...

whats that mean?

Pretty much you played for too long :p Kidding aside, the PS4 just shuts down funny sometimes, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine does it at least once a month and it hasn't seemed to have any impact.

Nice, gonna take out my MIDA for a few games later. I wasn't sold on it last time, but maybe I'll like it this time.

I don't have a year 2 red death yet. I was never a huge fan of it in year 1 though. I don't want to spend 150 marks on it, I'll wait for the engram drop instead. 6pm GMT is 2am for me LOL. I blew all my glimmer yesterday on the Jolly Holliday quest anyway.

A noticed a few Hung Jury players beating me quite soundly when I was rocking my hopscotch. Those dudes fired real fast and dodged left and right at a rate faster than my pulse rifle recovery time.

Have a play around with the yr1 version theres probably better guns (but not by a huge margin), the health regen is invaluable esp in a trials setting.

Wait, what's this?

If you have a character who reached lvl 3,4 or 5 in the last Iron Banner you sit in orbit 10 minutes before Iron Banner starts (10am PST, 6pm GMT) - go to the tower about 5 minutes after and you'll be able to buy gear at the level you was

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

whats that mean?

happened to me before, maybe the ps4 finished something in the background :) nothing to worry about

Zocano

I couldn't disagree more. If they wanna complain, let them. People don't want to have to run the raid endless times to get stuff in a game they already own. I understand that goes against the destiny or MMO culture but it never made sense to begin with. Most of the stuff is RNG anyways, so it's not even about "mastery" of anything.

It's been going down this road for too long. Every game wants you to put in countless hours to unlock content and there's no way around it. Forza makes you unlock tracks and cars, Call of Duty makes you level up a bunch to unlock guns/perks, and it just goes on. Wasn't always like that at all so using the word entitled just sounded so outrageous. What's the harm? That everyone will have that thing you have and now you can't flaunt it around anymore? That's no loss.

That's just the whole psychological conceit behind all loot games, though. If you just got everything you wanted in a few rounds or so you'd never replay it. Sure, I can understand thinking that's "bad" or unethical to be manipulated like that but so much of entertainment is pushing those specific buttons.

Basically what I'm saying is this is a loot game and will continue to function like a loot game. Thank Blizzard for perfecting the formula to a disturbingly splendid degree.

Like someone else said above me, there are other games to play as well. It's not particularly the best response to your complaints, but honestly, your complaints are things that are intrinsically tied to loot games. Most (if not all) AAA games will implement these techniques because they want you to keep playing and using their product.

Why am I being told to play another game for saying using the word entitled is ridiculous?

The two seem completely unrelated.

no, it's tragic that people feel entitled to something as stupid as a video game. he was absolutely right, and it's been that way since the game released. if you don't get something within the first couple weeks of release, it's "FUCK BUNGIE". it's embarrassing.

I don't know what those people are saying but the idea that you can be entitled over a video game just doesn't exist to me. It's such a trivial subject matter that I don't believe it's even possible.

maomaoIYP

Have a play around with the yr1 version theres probably better guns (but not by a huge margin), the health regen is invaluable esp in a trials setting.

Yeah that's true, gonna test it out later when I get home. If IB does come around this week I'll only do my hunter I suppose, the wolf skin cloak is irresistible, as much as I hate laggy banner.

Wallach

I'm not a huge fan of the Hakke pulse rifles, all of them kick to the left quite a bit, especially the high impact variations. Bad Juju is alright, but it's still not as good as my old hopscotch. As it stands I still don't have a primary that is ready for trials/banner.

Do you like scouts? I never liked scouts but the suros scouts are really making me quite happy for now. I also intend to test more handcannons, in particular the lovely omolon ones.

Counterbalance will remove all horizontal recoil from a Hakke PR, which will make them much easier to use for most people.

Bradach

I started a blind raid last night. It was really good looking around and trying to figure stuff out. I never had that with VoG or Crota because by the time I got in everyone knew everything, including cheese.

We only got as far as
the part where you have to stand on the totems and keep changing over to the other sides. I'd say we got up to 7 cycles before we gave up. One of our players was 257 light and just coundn't stay alive.

I would have liked to have gotten to the first proper loot drop though. Were we close?

Only one more sword where I need to farm planet mats, I swear whoever thought about making this step in the bounty is sadistic.

If only the planet mat part was the bit you could skip instead of the crucible kills.

I started a blind raid last night. It was really good looking around and trying to figure stuff out. I never had that with VoG or Crota because by the time I got in everyone knew everything, including cheese.

We only got as far as
the part where you have to stand on the totems and keep changing over to the other sides. I'd say we got up to 7 cycles before we gave up. One of our players was 257 light and just coundn't stay alive.

I would have liked to have gotten to the first proper loot drop though. Were we close?
Yeah.. that is a tad bit low lol

neoism

Pretty much you played for too long :p Kidding aside, the PS4 just shuts down funny sometimes, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine does it at least once a month and it hasn't seemed to have any impact.

yeah played like 13 hours today... lol time to dail it back some lol was gonna quit way eaarlier but got in another oryx fight.... also dat damn exotic sword quest ....takes forever....

Alright lets see we've got

1) Rex
2) Dhruv
3)Bogeypop
4)Rawr
5)Manthatyoufear
6)rickrozay

Reset raid crew assemble in 30 mins

I might be. This Exotic Sword quest is soul draining. Especially when you do two of them almost two days in a row...

I'd like the meet the guy who proposed the quest. Preferable in an alley way and when it's dark.

Top Bottom