• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So BS is still at 300.

Why did everyone make me infuse this again? Panic?

Didn't someone quote Cozmo as saying 'better infuse that shit while you can?'

Then a hotfix is accounced. So the fear was pretty well founded. Don't feel bad if you infused. It was the logical thing to do.

Navy Bean

Yes exactly.
So many of you/us are creating these heavy expectations on how the game is supposed to play and how the rewards are supposed to be handed out.
I remember playing Destiny soon after its release and not even attempting the Nightfall strike for weeks and weeks (possibly didn't even do it in October) because I couldn't get a full set of legendary gear with good enough light to get me to level 26.

The game hands out rewards at a ridiculous rate now. If you get a gun that you can't use then be happy that you have weapon parts.

True, but as someone who has been "stuck" on 292 for four days after using 100+ engrams and getting nothing useful over 280 it is still frustrating lol.

neoism

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13615

General
Fixed an issue with Year 1 Moments of Triumphs in which Golden Chest node completions were disappearing after TTK release

Activities
Quests
Fixed an issue where players who reached Level 40 before turning in the Reach Level 30 objective did not properly receive the Level 40 quest
Fixed an issue where the quest "High Value Targets" did not correctly reward Legendary Marks upon completion
Strikes
Fixed an issue where Year 1 Strikes were not dropping Uncommon and Rare quality gear as intended
World
Some treasure chests in the Dreadnaught are now in a location that only allow them to be looted once per spawn
Xur
Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras
Inventory
Dismantling leveled-up Exotics now have a reduced chance to produce 2 Exotic Shards

whhhy make your game less fun bungie.... meh at the last three...rip in peace three coins... probably increases 1% now or some stupid shit...

noomi

I would like to know when Bungie will "de-classify" the Touch of Malice and Black Spindle.

Kind of annoying that when equipped Bungie.net doesn't even let you access the Primary or Special Weapons slots....

On the first day, 777,270 Guardians attempted the King’s Fall Raid. Only 37,591 of them were able to send Oryx floating toward the rings of Saturn. Since then, almost a million attempts have been made on the King’s life. A grand total of 88,733 Guardians have successfully committed regicide.

Feels so good. So. SO GOOD.

Shadow Boyz and 1% Hype Unite!

Mupod

heh, I dismantled all my old useless exotics last night because I needed the glimmer and parts for Black Spindle infusions. Got tons of extra shards.

I'm okay with that 3oC nerf but I kinda wish they'd waited a week.

MrDaravon

The ToC adjustment is pretty fair; they've done it in a slightly weird roundabout way, but for all intents and purposes there's a timer on it now. If you're using them "normally" via Patrols or Strikes it's unaffected. Much better solution then just nerfing the drop chance across the board.

WipedOut

whhhy make your game less fun bungie.... meh at the last three...rip in peace three coins... probably increases 1% now or some stupid shit...

3oC are still working as intended all you need to do is pop in and out of draxis between patrols, bounties, crucible matches, just spread them out.

Originally Posted by Afrocious

Time to farm Devil's Lair on easy.
This can't be the quickest strike. There are too many parts that force you into encounters.

Nexus is probably the quickest and just select it from the map, could even use some old heavy's to make it go by faster

nOoblet16

I don't actually know if this is a fight you can speed up. It will normally be 4. Haven't ever even felt like 3 was possible, and if you didn't do it in 4 I don't even know if you'll have time to get it done.

You do a bit of damage from your guns but it's not enough to reduce one entire round.
And you definitely have time to fuck up the damage, hence do more runs and still finish in time.

hiryu

Just use them when running strikes, they are the same as before when doing a strike, like they should be. That was the whole point in making them.

Infusing is the smart thing to do. If you wanna tip toe around the fire not knowing when it's going to spread further, then go ahead, but the smart thing to do is just infuse now and get on with your life.

Three of Coins now provides a smaller increase in Exotic Engram drop chance when rapidly killing Ultras

So it sounds like "rapidly" means that if you spam Draksis you have a lower chance, but if you play normally, the chances are unchanged.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True, but as someone who has been "stuck" on 292 for four days after using 100+ engrams and getting nothing useful over 280 it is still frustrating lol.
Past 290, engrams are wiiliiildly less effective for progressing, by design.

The good news is the only thing it's really valuble to do so for is the raid, and the raid will give you at least one upgrade, almost guaranteed. Personally I got 4 upgrades from my first full run through.

The Court of Oryx, especially Tiers 2 and 3, can also drop relevant upgrades, sometimes outright on the ground (instead of as engrams). Beating Eris' Court quest will award you a 300 legendary artifact if you don't have one yet.

So it sounds like "rapidly" means that if you spam Draksis you have a lower chance, but if you play normally, the chances are unchanged.

As it should be. The only people complaining were the people who didn't have enough strange coins and were 'butthurt' over other people getting exotics.

Lee

Probably many of the same people that cleared the raid also got the spindle...

Not like some run-of-the-mill player is gonna be able to beat the mission to get the spindle only a week after release... I know I haven't played enough yet to have the gear to do it and I'd probably be considered hardcore (not as hardcore as some of the crazies on here, of course).

Probably right. My raid team was 290-294 when we tried Kings Fall on Sunday. No luck. Warpriest was easy enough, but we couldn't do enough DPS on Golg to progress. All of us have the Spindle now, although one of us (my brother) infused his. Still, we'll be able to get past Golg now when we couldn't before.

The mechanics aren't hard, but when everyone is using whatever gun gives them the right light level, despite those guns being wrong for the encounters, it was holding teams back. I'm just saying that the spindle is the difference for our team, and probably many others.

Unstable

Yep. They expanded on the change in the patch notes.

"In accordance with forum prophecy, The Three of Coins that Xûr sells are slightly modified:
Each of them provides a smaller increase to Exotic Engram drop chance when used in rapid succession
When used with more time between kills (for example, on Strike bosses), they remain as effective as before."

Good change imo

SkylineRKR

This can't be the quickest strike. There are too many parts that force you into encounters.

quick = less of a chance?

But I think either Nexus or Summoning Pits is the quickest. But perhaps the Walker will also be able to drop an exotic? I think its an Ultra.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Deej litterally made a post on their own forums saying BS was getting brought down 20 points in the near future. Might not happen today, but it will happen soon

Didn't someone quote Cozmo as saying 'better infuse that shit while you can?'

Then a hotfix is accounced. So the fear was pretty well founded. Don't feel bad if you infused. It was the logical thing to do.

Oh dont get me wrong, im happy people warned me to infuse it.
It just seemed like it was confirmed to happen this instant.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The ToC adjustment is pretty fair; they've done it in a slightly weird roundabout way, but for all intents and purposes there's a timer on it now. If you're using them "normally" via Patrols or Strikes it's unaffected. Much better solution then just nerfing the drop chance across the board.
I'm impressed, frankly. My solution would've eliminated the occasional "legit" uses of hitting them rapidly, like the Shield Brothers. Now that's still a viable option but suicide farming should be wildly less appealing.
quick = less of a chance?

But I think either Nexus or Summoning Pits is the quickest. But perhaps the Walker will also be able to drop an exotic? I think its an Ultra.
No walkers work, sadly.

RdN

Gow Weasel error right in the middle of the Agonarch rune challenge and lost the fully charged rune.

What. The. Fuck.

nOoblet16

Because that was broken, and it was an exploit.

3oC works the same as before but the drop rate is lower if you rapidly kill, so it's time based and I think it's an ingenious solution over something like not giving you any coins from story mission low level bosses.

You just have to space out the tries by doing something in between.

you climbed 30 in one evening. that was obviously a much better use of time. I should've been doing whatever you were doing.

Yep. I'm mad at myself for wasting as much game time as I did yesterday trying to get the spindle. I could have been looking for fragments for my Malice amongst at least a half dozen other things. Never again.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor

For sure it is. And I don't know the fix.
I would suggest trying different activities maybe.
So if you haven't been in the raid yet that would be a good choice. Even getting a single weapon and/or the ghost should push you past 292.

I put in probably near 100 hours in TTK before I got a heavy weapon drop above 285 damage. So I can relate a little bit.

Top Bottom