• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

noomi

If I finished the wait for material part of the sword quest this morning, will the materials arrive tomorrow?

If you have gathered all legendary materials and finished the elemental ability kills, you will get another very annoying quest tomorrow morning.

DarKshodaN

Anyone up for nightfall? No mic at the Moment.
1. darkshodan84

Need to run it with my 304 Warlock & 299 Titan

For the new page, still looking

purg3

slept with Malkin
No point in running NF unless you are bored or need something to do. Time to reward ratio is better running 36 strikes and popping a 3oC. Unless it's a quick strike with burns, I'm not going to be playing them.

I get it. Nightfall gives strange coins so you can buy three of coins which reward actual loot in a sinister ploy to keep you engaged for longer

I see you, Bungie

Good Morning DGaf!

With all the early morning raiding and what not going on, is there any interest in a night time weekly reset raid? My thoughts were starting around 10pm EST. I have one friend who would join who isnt on Gaf, so would need 4 people. If we had a few people who wanted to be alts that would be good too, just in case people dropped out. Sign-up sheet below.

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. Ichabod00's friend
3. PerilousInJ
alt1.
at2.

I'm down, added myself to the list.

Ambitious

First NF: Hung Jury. Of course, its attack value is lower than my HJ's, and the perks suck. I also got an exotic special weapon engram from my ToC. On my way to the tower.

edit: 290 Invective. Whatever.

E92 M3

Yeah...it's really not that important to do now. Losing that buff sucked.

Yeah, Bungie never compensated us for the buff like I thought they wouldn't. Also, we don't get ton of rep like we used to.

12 glorious strange coins from nightfall. I think I am going to stop doing nightfalls, these rewards are hilariously bad.

I'm always very happy with coins as rewards. They are the best currency in the game!

Tovarisc

So Nightfall is fucked when it comes to rewards to time invested ratio, and then we have heroic strike playlist that takes 100% more time / clear yet gives same rewards as normal strike playlist that is faster / clear. Also heroic story missions aren't interesting because no extra items or additional enemies, they just take longer to kill.

For doing so much right with TTK Bungie really dropped the ball when it comes to rewarding players for doing heroic / harder content.

300 light hell yes. Time to get some 310 exotics.

Just wanna double check. I can infuse a 304 legendary into a 300 exotic to boost the exotic right? There's no stupid rule about exotics only going beyond 300 by engrams ?

GutZ31

300 light hell yes. Time to get some 310 exotics.

Just wanna double check. I can infuse a 304 legendary into a 300 exotic to boost the exotic right? There's no stupid rule about exotics only going beyond 300 by engrams ?
Legendary can go into exotic.
Exotic can go into Legendary.
Rare can go into either.

So Nightfall is fucked when it comes to rewards to time invested ratio, and then we have heroic strike playlist that takes 100% more time / clear yet gives same rewards as normal strike playlist that is faster / clear. Also heroic story missions aren't interesting because no extra items or additional enemies, they just take longer to kill.

For doing so much right with TTK Bungie really dropped the ball when it comes to rewarding players for doing heroic / harder content.

It'd be nice if we had more than 5 strikes in rotation too

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looking forward to the PS4 update tomorrow. It will be nice potentially being able to find groups for Destiny stuff entirely from within the PS4 framework instead of needing to check websites.

Yeah, this is definitely becoming pretty clear. I also think it's the kind of thing Bungie is historically fairly likely to act on in a reasonable time frame, though.

I'm not sure how they could fix Nightfall with 3oC in the economy now, but a potential quick fix for heroic strikes is just to have the strike chain boost be double as effective, or even grant a decent exotic drop chance at 3+ stacks or something. This would also mitigate people immediately dropping from a strike they don't like.

MrDaravon

god damn. Chaperone my new fav gun atm. This thing does work in pvp.

speaking of which, my friend is getting it and I totally forgot.. is it today that it becomes available, or tomorrow (armsday) ?

It's today, I just got mine.

Also Skirmish is the daily PvP? Looooord

Edit: Oh nevermind, I was thinking Elimination lol.

E92 M3

I say give them a few patches. We have one coming in October and it will contain changes. Secondly, Deej and Luke both mentioned that the Live Team is going to be a lot more reactive now.

They buffed the low-end strikes and nerfed the high end strikes leaving very little to differentiate between them. They need to find a way to incentivize Nightfalls again.

Tovarisc

I say give them a few patches. We have one coming in October and it will contain changes. Secondly, Deej and Luke both mentioned that the Live Team is going to be a lot more reactive now.

I think stuff like boss specific items [e.g. titan gloves from shield brothers] should have been heroic playlist exclusive stuff from Day 1, to give that carrot to do more slower and tedious strikes.

Ended up getting a 300 blue chest from an engram from nightfall boss, so I guess it was kinda worth it. I'd been kind of stuck at 295 chests for a long while.

E92 M3

If you guys think of the NF as a garage sale, then no one would be disappointed

I think stuff like boss specific items [e.g. titan gloves from shield brothers] should have been heroic playlist exclusive stuff from Day 1, to give that carrot to do more slower and tedious strikes.

It's already up to RNG to get the items, so it's fine as it is. Heroics need more rep and guaranteed engrams like they used to have before.

Top Bottom