• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Geist-

Man, I've been doing strikes since TTK came out and haven't received any of those badass strike specific loot. All I want is a devouring maw helmet. :-(

E92 M3

sure you can! just delete a character, start a fresh one, finish the TTK and get your sword, should only take about 25 hours or so, unless you still have the isnta level 25 item
NOT WORTH IT

Yeah, completely not worth it. If I didn't have to relevel the subclasses, might have thought about it.

Are most of you guys just ignoring the extra story missions that don't take place on the DN? I'm talking about the long quest chains like Wolves, Taken War, etc.

I'm still light level 264 but have barely spent any time in the DN. I've been trying to knock out all the story missions which mostly take place on vanilla planets after you kill Oryx.

Still haven't raided or done CoO, or even touched the new Crucible. Am I doing it wrong?

Those quest chains are very rewarding!

Are most of you guys just ignoring the extra story missions that don't take place on the DN? I'm talking about the long quest chains like Wolves, Taken War, etc.

I'm still light level 264 but have barely spent any time in the DN. I've been trying to knock out all the story missions which mostly take place on vanilla planets after you kill Oryx.

Still haven't raided or done CoO, or even touched the new Crucible. Am I doing it wrong?

Doing all the Wolves and Queen missions will give you an Exotic scout rifle. It's worth doing them for sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ha, I think the raid scout has both my least favorite appearance and least favorite sights in the game :p Shame as mine has rather solid perks. Other than the LMG I just really cannot get into these raid weapons at allllll.

nope, did all those, as most yield high level rewards that should help boost your light level. and no your not doing it wrong. just going to have to prioritize what you want to acomplish

btkadams

ive been doing it all, so I don't think you're doing it wrong. There's way too many missions on the vanilla planets for them to be ignored. Plus, you get good rewards from some of those quest lines.

E92 M3

Ha, I think the raid scout has both my least favorite appearance and least favorite sights in the game :p Shame as mine has rather solid perks. Other than the LMG I just really cannot get into these raid weapons at allllll.

The hand cannon is so cool though! Also pulse, but I know you do not have any affinity toward it.

stb

I think you might be the only one doing it "right". =)

EDIT: it's... advantageous to finish the Tooken War questlines before raiding. You won't MISS anything by not doing them first, you'll just "have to" run the raid multiple times.

rNilla

The scout has been serving me well so far but we'll see how I like it in the raid. LMG seems pretty boss.

You know what level strike it was? Want to try for one.
I got the Cloak of Taniks from choosing The Shadow Thief from the director (which is the level 26 strike.) I'm sure level doesn't matter. Omnigul even has unique rewards (pulse rifle and Warlock bond) and you can't get her in any year 2 playlists.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

They're so ugly... I didn't like the look of Crota's End weapons but at least they looked like guns and had decent texture work. These guns look like dead fish, the color scheme is awful and the shading is just super flat. They look terrible in every conceivable way. Such a bummer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

You're not doing it wrong unless you're not enjoying yourself. CoO is great for progression in my experience, helped me break the 280 barrier on both characters I've done so for. The Raid you shouldn't really worry about jumping into until Light 285ish.

ive eaten my auto rifle into hung jury 303 now and the fusion rifle into 1k stare 306.
I like the LMG also. so far those are the only ones I have acquired. but overall, I dont like the feel or the look of these raid weapons. Infusion fodder. as someone who loves to collect those type of things, I have no interest in these raid weapons.
I hear the pulse rifle is really good though :)

You're not doing it wrong unless you're not enjoying yourself. CoO is great for progression in my experience, helped me break the 280 barrier on both characters I've done so for. The Raid you shouldn't really worry about jumping into until Light 285ish.

Are you running a newbie raid for KF? I still haven't it done yet. I just cracked 290 though a few days ago. Feels good

GRIP

Thanks to the captscience, haybro, schwagger15, GRIP, capt_verde, and GeneralTsui for the raid clear last night. Sorry schwagger15 couldn't be there for the ACTUAL clear.

A few of us had leveled up past 300, and I'd upgraded my 1KYS to near 300. Between that and Tsui being the ringer at 300+ w/ ToM, it wasn't too bad.

We also did a few "fake sweaty" rounds in Classic to advace TLW and sword quests, so that was a good time.

Productive evening, guys!

I think we understand all the final boss mechanics at this point, so I'm eager to for this week's "crew only" clear and to get Dave_6 into his first raid tonight!

I was really glad we could get that done last night. Wasn't sure if we were going to have to go another reset before getting back to him or not. Used one of the two auto rifles I got to infuse my Zhalo to 302 and was super excited to get the helmet for my hunter!

I'm still not sure why I don't have the exotic sword quest. I feel like I've done the steps to have started it, but alas, I don't have it. Not really a big deal since I don't use the sword all that much, but it would make our little group rumble matches more entertaining if I could do more than just be a whipping boy.

Big thanks to Tsui for helping us get it done. He cleared up a lot of the confusion that we had our first time around.

It gave me a 280 sidearm, I would happily take those 13 coins over it.

Gave me an Apple of Discord with decent bubbles. So not terrible. Dropped at 293. I don't look forward to the NF anymore. I wish they would bring back the rep buff. That's the main reason I kept doing in Year 1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The hand cannon is so cool though! Also pulse, but I know you do not have any affinity toward it.
I'll try it when I get it but I think it looks pretty ugly... and the reload speed is just beyond hilarious, an absolute riot. Maybe with HC reload gloves or a build around it... but it's not even an Exotic, lol
The scout has been serving me well so far but we'll see how I like it in the raid. LMG seems pretty boss.
In its defense the scout seems to perform perfectly well (especially if the sights don't throw you off the way they do me).

The LMG I actually like the look of, and it has great performance without any stat buffs, plus extended mag/cocoon are a perfect combination. I feel really lucky to have it, I'm not interested in any of the other weapons. Maybe the RL if it can drop with Grenades and Horseshoes?
They're so ugly... I didn't like the look of Crota's End weapons but at least they looked like guns and had decent texture work. These guns look like dead fish, the color scheme is awful and the shading is just super flat. They look terrible in every conceivable way. Such a bummer.
Yeah :( They don't make a particularly distinct amount of sense, either. Are they supposed to be made of
Oryx's body...?

Only kept the Rocket Launcher so far. That one at least looks cool and cocoon + tracking is kinda awesome.

I have the 300 Shotgun too, but my normal shotgun's already at 308 so there's little point in me using it.

If these things had some nice perks outside of cocoon, but them being random is just silly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I got the Cloak of Taniks from choosing The Shadow Thief from the director (which is the level 26 strike.) I'm sure level doesn't matter. Omnigul even has unique rewards (pulse rifle and Warlock bond) and you can't get her in any year 2 playlists.

Thats good to know. I got the Taniks one last night and it looks great but those other ones looks so good.

cocoon is the greatest perk a LMG has ever had. since it takes forever to load those damn things, I can empty the mag, switch to my primary and switchback fully loaded. so perfect

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are you running a newbie raid for KF? I still haven't it done yet. I just cracked 290 though a few days ago. Feels good
I will be doing them in the rotation eventually for sure. Promise. I'm not sure exactly when yet or what I'm going to require as minimum level to enter, but it will happen!

In somewhat related news, my VoG Newbie Raid for this Thursday filled up without me posting anything about it at all. Whoa o_O

E92 M3

Yeah the hand cannon is really cool looking. And with gauntlets that boost reload speed, it is less frustrating to use.

I'll try it when I get it but I think it looks pretty ugly... and the reload speed is just beyond hilarious, an absolute riot. Maybe with HC reload gloves or a build around it... but it's not even an Exotic, lol

In its defense the scout seems to perform perfectly well (especially if the sights don't throw you off the way they do me).

The LMG I actually like the look of, and it has great performance without any stat buffs, plus extended mag/cocoon are a perfect combination. I feel really lucky to have it, I'm not interested in any of the other weapons. Maybe the RL if it can drop with Grenades and Horseshoes?

Yeah :( They don't make a particularly distinct amount of sense, either. Are they supposed to be made of
Oryx's body...?

The key to raid weapons is to never reload! Just switch to special guys and boom hand cannon reloaded for you ;)

What are your thoughts on the shotgun? I got one last night, saw you had it equipped as well.

Deku Tree

The 3oC is so much better than NF... and I miss the tower rep bonus for both NF and Vanguard Heroic 3x per week... you knew that when they made the factions drop things more reliably and introduced smart loot that they were going to take something away... and then they drastically reduced your opportunities to get rep and marks.

In any case I like that the new system really rains strange coins... I got over 70 last week just playing the game normally and not going out of my way to grind.

LTWood12

I will be doing them in the rotation eventually for sure. Promise. I'm not sure exactly when yet or what I'm going to require as minimum level to enter, but it will happen!

In somewhat related news, my VoG Newbie Raid for this Thursday filled up without me posting anything about it at all. Whoa o_O

T-44 & I are doing a couch co-op Kings Fall Run on Friday night, and we'd love to have the Hawk in tow.

stb

I was really glad we could get that done last night. Wasn't sure if we were going to have to go another reset before getting back to him or not. Used one of the two auto rifles I got to infuse my Zhalo to 302 and was super excited to get the helmet for my hunter!

I'm still not sure why I don't have the exotic sword quest. I feel like I've done the steps to have started it, but alas, I don't have it. Not really a big deal since I don't use the sword all that much, but it would make our little group rumble matches more entertaining if I could do more than just be a whipping boy.

Big thanks to Tsui for helping us get it done. He cleared up a lot of the confusion that we had our first time around.

Yeah, I think it was important for us to have cleared it once. Now it'll just feel like something we can execute every(?) week.

Re: exotic sword quest: just fully level up the legendary sword, then talk to the crucible guy to start it, I think.

rNilla

In any case I like that the new system really rains strange coins... I got over 70 last week just playing the game normally and not going out of my way to grind.

This is one of the things I like most about TTK. I haven't really gone out of my way to do anything yet. The grindy quests just eventually complete in the background as I do other things. I just play the game and still progress and get a lot of stuff out of it. I'm already 303 somehow, probably thanks to some really lucky drops, and I feel like I've barely played this expansion compared to most people around here. I haven't even touched my alts since 2.0 dropped.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The key to raid weapons is to never reload! Just switch to special guys and boom hand cannon reloaded for you ;)
Cocoon is a wonderful perk and particularly makes a huge amount of sense for a sniper (don't have it yet), shotgun (pretty much flat out sucks) and LMG (perfect)

I think I'd rather keep a primary on me that I could just use and reload at will for cocooning the other two. Looking forward to dupes so I can start infusing the higher light ones into guns I like :D

I will give the HC a shot though, I promise.
T-44 & I are doing a couch co-op Kings Fall Run on Friday night, and we'd love to have the Hawk in tow.
I've already committed to a Friday night raid sadly! Next time :)

Top Bottom