• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Well, I gave the void sword to wrong class x__x. I'm not even up to the ability kills step(Hunter was), but I can tell this will drive my patience xO.

Afrocious

Either I'm just lazy, or the grind from 25 to 40 on my alt is quite a grind. Nowhere as bad as Forever 29 back in the day though.

I beat the TTK campaign at around level 37, so now I'm doing quests involving strikes. The problem I'm running into is that lots of folks I'm matched with don't know what they're doing and they make strikes harder than they need to be.

What are you folks doing to get your alts to 40? I just want to get them to 40 so I can transfer guns and then find legendaries that will eat all the 280+ blues I have.

I don't even want to imagine leveling my future titan from 1 to 40 :(

Baliis

Did anyone else do the final exotic sword quest with randoms? When I got to the end the first time, they randoms killed all the Wardens too soon, when I went into the next, the other 2 were Fire Sword guys and they killed my void kill early, knowing that i needed it, so I left them after they killed him (I believe it was on purpose to because we were slowly knocking down his health until all of a sudden I saw him completely get wrecked by what I'm assuming was a heavy weapon). I then hopped into and jumped out of matches until I found one with all void that went smoothly.

My experience was a lot better lol. Had one of each, at first we tried to just leave then all up but couldn't manage it, so we jumped into a party chat and agreed to do void/arc one one, then jumped back in a second time and did solar.

Baliis

I hear it doesn't matter too much, except the void sword on titans is a bad idea for some reason I don't get.

You have to get 500 ability kills which is awful for defender titans since they can't kill with their super and their grenades are kinda crappy.

Leveling my alt was pretty easy since he was 34 already, just hit a focused light and turned in aa few IB bounties I still had for some reason and a few crucible bounties and was basically 40

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone need to do the void exotic sword quest tomorrow? Would like 2 others to pound it out easily.

phen0m24

Are you up for this?
Friday night raid shenanigans? Why not?

Will be honest though, I'm raiding tonight, tomorrow (maybe) with my group, so I'll be fresh out of raid-free alts by Friday. I'm totally down for the fun (!!!) but if someone needs it please give them consideration. :)

Peace love and propane

Either I'm just lazy, or the grind from 25 to 40 on my alt is quite a grind. Nowhere as bad as Forever 29 back in the day though.

I beat the TTK campaign at around level 37, so now I'm doing quests involving strikes. The problem I'm running into is that lots of folks I'm matched with don't know what they're doing and they make strikes harder than they need to be.

What are you folks doing to get your alts to 40? I just want to get them to 40 so I can transfer guns and then find legendaries that will eat all the 280+ blues I have.

Get a lot of bounties done, keep the CE item on if you have it and hand them all in at once. I got my titan from 34-40 with about 20 bounties. Annoying thing now is I have 3/4 sunbreaker class done, and that's it. No striker or defender leveled up.

Kyne

I'm getting all 16 bountys filled, popping a RedBull XP code/equipping CE item, then boom. Level 40.

X-Frame

So what's the recommendation for the exotic swords? Solar on Titan, Arc on Hunter, Void on Warlock?

I'd definitely say those are the best choices.

Getting solar kills on a Sunbreaker with the Stoke the Forge/Cauterize skills means you can one-shot melee trash mobs like Thralls continuously and your melee will reset each time. Not to mention grenade and hammer kills.

Warlocks can benefit greatly from Obsidian Mind if you have it. Just Nova Bombs for days.

And then that just leaves Hunters with Arc which I can see being relatively painless. Fast Twitch, Arcblade and Arcbolt Grenade on mobs.

mcfrank

Running through the story and a days worth of bounties should get you there.

LTWood12

Will be honest though, I'm raiding tonight, tomorrow (maybe) with my group, so I'll be fresh out of raid-free alts by Friday. I'm totally down for the fun (!!!) but if someone needs it please give them consideration. :)

Peace love and propane

Well w/ me, T-44, and Rob we'll need the power of the DGAF elite. Hoping for you, then a wild Deku, Drizz, Gutz, Stabie, DJRuthless etc.

phen0m24

You have to get 500 ability kills which is awful for defender titans since they can't kill with their super and their grenades are kinda crappy.

Leveling my alt was pretty easy since he was 34 already, just hit a focused light and turned in aa few IB bounties I still had for some reason and a few crucible bounties and was basically 40

lol wow that blows.

2 things.

1) magnetic grenades = not crappy. Rushing B on Pantheon with a defender is hilarious. Always someone there waiting to be stuck. But,
2) Kills inside the bubble should count as ability kills!!!

/End of rant

Kyne

Anyone need to do the void exotic sword quest tomorrow? Would like 2 others to pound it out easily.

I need the arc version if you don't mind kiting 2 Knights. If not I'm sure I can find another group. Also won't be on until the evening..

Baliis

2 things.

1) magnetic grenades = not crappy. Rushing B on Pantheon with a defender is hilarious. Always someone there waiting to be stuck. But,
2) Kills inside the bubble should count as ability kills!!!

/End of rant

Well, crappy for getting 500 kills lol, but a good sticky grenade in crucible is always a laugh

Kyne

The Red Bull XP stuff is done now, isn't it? I know some folks cracked its easy encryption. Is the promotion still going on?

It's up and running.

I down one every day and the codes all usually work. If I recall they just signed a deal with Walmart, so it'll likely keep working for a while.

That's the most time consuming part :p

That's fine, we can run it twice if needed. Just dont' want to have to rely on randoms.

I'm sure we can handle two knights + the boss to avoid running it twice. If it comes to that though, I don't mind.

Afrocious

Ah yeah, the site is still up.

Guess I'll have to find a red bull from a gas station or something. But aren't all the codes used since folks cracked them? I'd imagine so.

It's up and running.

I down one every day and the codes all usually work. If I recall they just signed a deal with Walmart, so it'll likely keep working for a while.

You have a code you could send my way? I could buy a red bull, but I'd probably pour it out since I'm not good with sugars and energy drinks :(

hydruxo

I've gotta say I strongly dislike what they've done to the loot table for Nightfalls with TTK. Makes them not really worth running anymore, especially without the radiant light buff.

Guess I'll have to find a red bull from a gas station or something. But aren't all the codes used since folks cracked them? I'd imagine so.

You have a code you could send my way? I could buy a red bull, but I'd probably pour it out since I'm not good with sugars and energy drinks :(

Yeah I mean I think you're gonna have a rough time finding codes that work...someone was saying it's best to buy the 4 packs from Walmart?

Did anyone else do the final exotic sword quest with randoms? When I got to the end the first time, they randoms killed all the Wardens too soon, when I went into the next, the other 2 were Fire Sword guys and they killed my void kill early, knowing that i needed it, so I left them after they killed him (I believe it was on purpose to because we were slowly knocking down his health until all of a sudden I saw him completely get wrecked by what I'm assuming was a heavy weapon). I then hopped into and jumped out of matches until I found one with all void that went smoothly.

Does it have matchmaking? Would be terrible idea.

I've gotta say I strongly dislike what they've done to the loot table for Nightfalls with TTK. Makes them not really worth running anymore, especially without the radiant light buff.

Has anyone tried using 3oC on Nightfall?

Does teh effect stack on the already increased drop rate?

Deku Tree

I had 16 bounties in storage, put on the CE class item, popped a red bull code, and used all the bounty EXP and that got me from 34-40 in seconds... plus it filled in the first two lines and half of the third line of bubbles in my subclass. But like ten of those bounties were the old 5k bounties. But the new bounties can be done much quicker anyway.

Kyne

I'll send you one tomorrow =) can't guarantee it'll work though!

Navy Bean

I'd definitely say those are the best choices.

Getting solar kills on a Sunbreaker with the Stoke the Forge/Cauterize skills means you can one-shot melee trash mobs like Thralls continuously and your melee will reset each time. Not to mention grenade and hammer kills.

Warlocks can benefit greatly from Obsidian Mind if you have it. Just Nova Bombs for days.

And then that just leaves Hunters with Arc which I can see being relatively painless. Fast Twitch, Arcblade and Arcbolt Grenade on mobs.

I'll just add that I did Arc on my Warlock and Perpetual Charge on the Stormcaller class makes the ability kills trivial...endless ability kills.

X-Frame

Peace love and propane

I hope we can get the group together tomorrow! I'm down for whatever time is best for everyone.

Has Lun been posting in here? I'm sure he's been swamped with his newborn.

LTWood12

For the last step of the Wormfood bounty for Fragment #50, do you have to be the one to use the stolen rune, or do you just have to participate in the fight and beat it in less than 2 min?

X-Frame

I'll just add that I did Arc on my Warlock and Perpetual Charge on the Stormcaller class makes the ability kills trivial...endless ability kills.

Totally, I could see Arc being great for the Stormcaller as well, but then you'd have to use Void on either the Defender Titan (not recommended) or the Nightstalker Hunter. I've yet to play the Nightstalker so I can't comment if they are easier or harder to get ability kills compared to the Defender.

Afrocious

I remember someone saying there's a trick to the exotic swords, where you can skip steps or something if you transfer the sword over to a character that has already gotten an exotic sword.

Any clarification on that?

BahamutPT

This week's T3 CoO is even easier than the first one. I'd rate them Balwûr -> Krughor -> Thalnok starting from the easiest one (at least with randoms).

Top Bottom