• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

A titan survived my golden gun shot in Crucible last night, which confused me. Now I'm reading that if you have armor that is resistant to solar, you can survive a golden gun shot. That is insane. Does that apply to solar weapons as well??? This is pretty nuts.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Did anyone here get Touch of Malice before completing the Taken War questline? I'm wondering if Eris will unlock a heroic version of fear's embrace if I don't already have the non-heroic version unlocked.

I didn't bother with the Taken War quest line and got my ToM just fine.

A titan survived my golden gun shot in Crucible last night, which confused me. Now I'm reading that if you have armor that is resistant to solar, you can survive a golden gun shot. That is insane. Does that apply to solar weapons as well??? This is pretty nuts.

WAT...

Oh man, the necessary loadouts for trials...

Deku Tree

Question about raid drops:

300+ artifacts can drop?!

You can get anything up to a 300 artifact from engrams. There is no artifact engram, but other armor engrams can decode into a artifact engram. You can get blue or purple 300 or lower artifacts particularly from CoO rewards via RNG. There is an Eris CoO quest that gives you a guaranteed 300 artifact that pops up after you do one CoO... and then you can get a guaranteed 310 artifact by doing the "Road to Kings Fall" quest. I personally don't think any of this is spoilers so I didn't put it under spoiler tags. I didn't say anything about the raid, although the quests may or may not involve the Raid.

Trakan

Let's talk about artifacts. Did they really intend you to get
the 1 310 artifact that exists in the game from Eris?
You use that forever? It doesn't make sense to me.

What's the deal with people playing Rift? Do they not understand that the goal of the game is to take the spark into the enemy rift, not defeat opponents on the other side of the match. It's quite surprising that we won that match.

Deku Tree

I was told they could all spawn anywhere. I'm assuming that's not the case....?

Nope. There are three locations listed in the quest. Go to each location, kill the boss that spawns, then you have finished the quest. As far as I have seen its always the same boss in each location.

vctor182

The raid sniper is awesome, the sound, control and cocoon are great. It's becoming my favorite sniper and got it with 306 atk.

I got a Imago Loop from a strike yesterday but it's rolled with exhumed, high caliber rounds and luck in the chamber. Exhumed is the worst new perk IMO

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What's the deal with people playing Rift? Do they not understand that the goal of the game is to take the spark into the enemy rift, not defeat opponents on the other side of the match. It's quite surprising that we won that match.

If you're playing with randoms, just accept the fact that they will do dumb things. I started to have more fun when I realized this.

PuMa

Lord Puma.

I found a nice pulse on my Titan today. I used it in Skirmish. It wrecks. Reminds me of the Hypescotch. I will use in Elimination with you and Rene this week. Just 4 wins to go!

The Villainy from FWC? That one is pretty similar. Stock roll is good too. Sorry I couldn't jump back in with you last night. Had to call it a night early.

LTWood12

The problem w/ all pvp modes right now is that they made all these different quest requirements that make everyone have to play lonewolf style. i.e., I'm running around getting sword kills w/out heavy ammo.

I'm still loving the game, but the more I play the more I dislike the new Light system. Bungie has gone on record saying that they weren't happy with the Light system in Year 1, but in Year 2 the changes basically force you to use armor AND weapons that you don't want to.

For example, if I equip my best weapons and armor, my highest Light level will be 270 or something close to that. But to get to this level, I have to equip a 275 attack Sidearm. I hate using sidearms, so if I decide to switch it out to a shotgun my Light level falls and it becomes more difficult to complete harder challenges.

Same thing with the armor. I want to use Intellect + Discipline builds, but Light trumps everything and I'm forced to use a hodgepodge of armor that doesn't excel in any one category.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it right, I don't know. But I remember Bungie mentioning that they didn't like how players were essentially forced into using certain pieces of armor in Year 1 if they wanted to have a high Light level. With Light being attached to weapons now, it seems as if they've doubled-down on that.

The Villainy from FWC? That one is pretty similar. Stock roll is good too. Sorry I couldn't jump back in with you last night. Had to call it a night early.

No worries whatsoever about last night. You have like 500 kids so I understand :p

It is a Hawksaw with:

Perfect Balance
Full Auto
Rifled Barrel or Speed Reload

The Impact is low, but I like it a bit more than the messenger because the ROF is through the roof.

noomi

The raid sniper is awesome, the sound, control and cocoon are great. It's becoming my favorite sniper and got it with 306 atk.

I got a Imago Loop from a strike yesterday but it's rolled with exhumed, high caliber rounds and luck in the chamber. Exhumed is the worst new perk IMO

I want the sniper and scout the most.

Kyne

The problem w/ all pvp modes right now is that they made all these different quest requirements that make everyone have to play lonewolf style. i.e., I'm running around getting sword kills w/out heavy ammo.

yeh.

People running around getting sword kills/TLW kills/shotgun kills, along with all the very specific bountys that you have now that require you to do some very specific shit.

PVP is going to be weird for a couple of months methinks.

No, you were just on vita with no mic! (did you know you can trick out the vita to get into a party chat, btw?)

According to Macello you don't need to do that anymore. Sony fixed this issue and you can just chat between vita and ps4 now. No trick needed.

I have yet to try this tho.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS

309 Ghost

Didn't care much after that point. I did score another set of gloves, the fusion rifle, my third shotgun and a Taikonaut from Oryx

Not bad guy

Afrocious

I'm still loving the game, but the more I play the more I dislike the new Light system. Bungie has gone on record saying that they weren't happy with the Light system in Year 1, but in Year 2 the changes basically force you to use armor AND weapons that you don't want to.

For example, if I equip my best weapons and armor, my highest Light level will be 270 or something close to that. But to get to this level, I have to equip a 275 attack Sidearm. I hate using sidearms, so if I decide to switch it out to a shotgun my Light level falls and it becomes more difficult to complete harder challenges.

Same thing with the armor. I want to use Intellect + Discipline builds, but Light trumps everything and I'm forced to use a hodgepodge of armor that doesn't excel in any one category.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it right, I don't know. But I remember Bungie mentioning that they didn't like how players were essentially forced into using certain pieces of armor in Year 1 if they wanted to have a high Light level. With Light being attached to weapons now, it seems as if they've doubled-down on that.

Infuse your favorite purples with blues you don't want that have higher values.

Strider

Any easy way to level queen rep? It's still 0 because I didn't like any of the PVE stuff in HOW.

We're stuck doing the bounties now it's the only way to get rep as far as I know.

Sucks because I cant get Boolean despite doing the questline because I'm not rank 3 :(

Edit: oh yea the questline for HoW give ssome rep if you have iut in your abandoned quests log

Top Bottom