• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Baliis

Totally, I could see Arc being great for the Stormcaller as well, but then you'd have to use Void on either the Defender Titan (not recommended) or the Nightstalker Hunter. I've yet to play the Nightstalker so I can't comment if they are easier or harder to get ability kills compared to the Defender.

Hunter is easy if you have a lucky raspberry from year 1.

PuMa

Forgot to post this last night.

Thanks Puma, Colonel, and Gutz for the Agonarach and Tier 3 CoO runs!

No problem. I got so many engrams from that Agonarach 3x run including a 310 Graviton Forfeit.

Sorry I couldn't stick around for Tier 3 CoO.

For the last step of the Wormfood bounty for Fragment #50, do you have to be the one to use the stolen rune, or do you just have to participate in the fight and beat it in less than 2 min?

Pretty sure you just need to participate in one. I completed the bounty and do not remember using a Stolen Rune (or even having one at that point).

But it's all a bit of a haze now, so don't 100% trust me...

Palmer_v1

For Void ability kills with a Titan, has anyone considered trying the new Strike where you have to carry the ball to disrupt barriers?

While holding the ball, your melee and grenades recharge incredibly fast. I don't know how plentiful the enemies on that strike are, but it seems like it would be the fastest way to complete this sword quest. You might need help from buddies to avoid randoms killing stuff, but they should be able to drop back out after the strike starts.

Thoughts/opinions on this?

LTWood12

man not getting that first fragment in the raid sunday night is really screwing me. going to have to depend on RNG to give me the right tier 2 combo or wait until the weekend when I can raid :(

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm sure we can handle two knights + the boss to avoid running it twice. If it comes to that though, I don't mind.

Oh, I don't know how the quest actually works, haha. I thought you had to run it once for each element.

Baliis

man not getting that first fragment in the raid sunday night is really screwing me. going to have to depend on RNG to give me the right tier 2 combo or wait until the weekend when I can raid :(

Don't forget you can cancel the event if its not the boss combo you want, just leave the arena till it resets and try again.

Trakan

That's not a ringing endorsement since Imago Loop can roll with exact Fatebringer perks. I guess AoS would be good if you have a bunch of minor minions to headshot.

I don't have time to explain the chances of that perk combination happening. That guy on reddit who got it should go buy a lottery ticket.

LTWood12

You have to die and respawn, or jump out the sides though. Can't run back through the shield that pops up.

I did this on Sunday. I went through about 10 events before I got my combination, just keep throwing yourself over the edge until you get it, haha.

man that's awesome. thank you.

I'm still not really clear on the quest combination for getting the malice. I've got Hunger Pangs and am at the part where I'm supposed to kill the guy in the bunker. I also have the Old Hunger and am at 'building the frame.' Gotta farm Hadium flakes. Do I just need to complete these two quests? I didn't complete the taken war questline yet.

If I haven't already unlocked fear's embrace, will getting 45 fragments still give me the heroic version? or do I need to complete the taken war from the Vanguard first?

Kyne

Oh, I don't know how the quest actually works, haha. I thought you had to run it once for each element.

hehe..

so, at the end of the quest when you're fighting the boss in the dark, the special version of the quest that we're going to get for our swords will have 3 Knights during the boss fight. Each Knight represents a different element and will have shields corresponding to said element. The goal of the quest is to kill our respective elemental Knight within 30 seconds of killing the boss ( I think we need to kill the Knights first, then the boss ) .. so essentially during the entire boss fight we'll need to go without killing our knights until the boss has low enough health. The quest becomes harder the more people you have doing the different elements because it means more knights will be up the entire time.

Basically since you and I have void/arc, we can kill the solar one (unless our 3rd teammate has a solar sword) and leave the other 2 up until the end.

Sullichin

Has anyone gotten an exotic drop after a strike, like there used to be a small chance of? Without 3 of Coins of course.
Or from Crucible?

I'm wondering if there's any chance of those random drops happening or if they're all from engrams now.

Is it weird that even with a ton of quests and missions (and a raid!) to do all I want to do really is just humbly make my way to all three of those Crucible ghosts and keep gathering all the incredible legendary equipment?

commish

hehe..

so, at the end of the quest when you're fighting the boss in the dark, the special version of the quest that we're going to get for our swords will have 3 Knights during the boss fight. Each Knight represents a different element and will have shields corresponding to said element. The goal of the quest is to kill our respective elemental Knight within 30 seconds of killing the boss ( I think we need to kill the Knights first, then the boss ) .. so essentially during the entire boss fight we'll need to go without killing our knights until the boss has low enough health. The quest becomes harder the more people you have doing the different elements because it means more knights will be up the entire time.

Basically since you and I have void/arc, we can kill the solar one (unless our 3rd teammate has a solar sword) and leave the other 2 up until the end.

Oh we got this, no problem. Let's do it tomorrow night. PSN Tigerheli. GF is out of the country (woohoo) so can do it any time.

Just kidding about the woohoo... I will miss her dearly... >.>

man that's awesome. thank you.

I'm still not really clear on the quest combination for getting the malice. I've got Hunger Pangs and am at the part where I'm supposed to kill the guy in the bunker. I also have the Old Hunger and am at 'building the frame.' Gotta farm Hadium flakes. Do I just need to complete these two quests? I didn't complete the taken war questline yet.

If I haven't already unlocked fear's embrace, will getting 45 fragments still give me the heroic version? or do I need to complete the taken war from the Vanguard first?

Kill Bunker Boy, Beat KF, Kill Taken Kinght in the Undying Mind Strike, Collect the 45 Fragments and then the Heroic Fears Embrace mission will pop through Eris.

Kyne

Oh we got this, no problem. Let's do it tomorrow night. PSN Tigerheli. GF is out of the country (woohoo) so can do it any time.

hehe, cool deal. I'll add you tonight. If we can't find a GAFer who needs the quest then I can bring in my friend or GF to help us.

Sullichin

Ace of Spades is like Fatebringer if it wasn't arc and took up an exotic slot.

Maverick is an excellent perk for PVE. You can get a ton of shots out without reloading once in many of the strikes that have 1-hit fodder like Acolytes. Firefly + Maverick is amazing for groups of Taken. The range (with reinforced barrel) is excellent for a 2.0 handcannon. It has good hipfire and in-air accuracy. By far the best handcannon I've used since the update. I was not a huge fan of Imago Loop, although I didn't get a good roll on it. Definitely would have kept it if it had firefly.

Strider

Really have no clue what I'm gonna infuse this extra Suros into. Feel like it's such a big decision... Probably just need to hold onto it until I get Zhalos in case that drops at 290...

LTWood12

Kill Bunker Boy, Beat KF, Kill Taken Kinght in the Undying Mind Strike, Collect the 45 Fragments and then the Heroic Fears Embrace mission will pop through Eris.

But I'm saying I don't have the REGULAR version of fear's embrace unlocked yet. I can't ever get fucking Stirok, Banner of Oryx to spawn. It's always one of the other two dudes I've already beaten.

I also need to do it for a void sword. Does this mean if I join up there will be two void knights? Or can we share a knight (lol)?

ich00

Sticking this here again:

Repost from the community side of DGaf:

Good Morning DGaf!

Are there any PS4 players that have any interest in a night time weekly reset raid? My thoughts were starting around 10pm EST. I have one friend who would join who isn’t on Gaf, so would need 4 people. If we had a few people who wanted to be alts that would be good too, just in case people dropped out. Sign-up sheet below. (Ideally this could become a weekly adventure)

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. Ichabod00's friend
3. PerilousInJ
4. UndoneBahamut
5. blackhawk2914
6. Eilt85
alt1.
at2.

But I'm saying I don't have the REGULAR version of fear's embrace unlocked yet. I can't ever get fucking Stirok, Banner of Oryx to spawn. It's always one of the other two dudes I've already beaten.

Which is is Stirok? I wouldn't mind tackling that in a patrol with you. I remember dealing with the one in rocketyards -____-

LTWood12

Did anyone here get Touch of Malice before completing the Taken War questline? I'm wondering if Eris will unlock a heroic version of fear's embrace if I don't already have the non-heroic version unlocked.

commish

Deku Tree

Did anyone here get Touch of Malice before completing the Taken War questline? I'm wondering if Eris will unlock a heroic version of fear's embrace if I don't already have the non-heroic version unlocked.

Yes, I think so. At least I have the final ToM quest in my quests and I haven't completed the Taken War quest line on both my hunter and my Titan. But I feel no need to grind for a second ToM though...

Top Bottom