• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Any easy way to level queen rep? It's still 0 because I didn't like any of the PVE stuff in HOW.

Petra and Varik have a quest line that awards Queen's Wrath Reputation, but if you didn't like the PvE stuff in House of Wolves, you may not like this either. It's a bit tedious. It mostly involves killing Taken Champions on every planet. After the quest line is over, I believe Petra has bounties, but I can't confirm that because I'm not finished with said quest.

So my job requires business casual which is like khakis and a collared shirt, typically, for Guys. For Girls, I don't really know what business casual is but I know it's not capris and flip flops. They get away with so much on their dress code it's not even funny! They can wear shortish dresses in the summer and I wish we can wear shorts.

Anyways, we had a change in dress code to be more casual, where we can wear sports team shirts. I'm wearing Destiny Nepal shirt and some girl said "that's not a sports team". I just replied "it's eSports and these are all the teams".

Dress codes are silly for people that don't interact with external customers, anyways. I like my destiny attire! I can't wear Oryx or father and son because that seems pushing it too far.

Speaking of, +1 for Bungie Store customer service for replying to my order issue on the first business day since i told them about my issue.

Navy Bean

I'm still loving the game, but the more I play the more I dislike the new Light system. Bungie has gone on record saying that they weren't happy with the Light system in Year 1, but in Year 2 the changes basically force you to use armor AND weapons that you don't want to.

For example, if I equip my best weapons and armor, my highest Light level will be 270 or something close to that. But to get to this level, I have to equip a 275 attack Sidearm. I hate using sidearms, so if I decide to switch it out to a shotgun my Light level falls and it becomes more difficult to complete harder challenges.

Same thing with the armor. I want to use Intellect + Discipline builds, but Light trumps everything and I'm forced to use a hodgepodge of armor that doesn't excel in any one category.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it right, I don't know. But I remember Bungie mentioning that they didn't like how players were essentially forced into using certain pieces of armor in Year 1 if they wanted to have a high Light level. With Light being attached to weapons now, it seems as if they've doubled-down on that.

I agree it sucks, and the system is broken at sub-300 light levels. Once you hit 300 and start infusing then you have more choice. It's a long process - way too long - to get to the point where you can choose the gear/weapons you use in high level stuff.

This week's featured PVP is Mayhem clash!? Oh, I'ma get me those 30 multikills with my sunsinger easy. I might even be able to finish off the stormcaller PVP subclass stuff

I just want to get this crucible segment of the sword done, but the damn randoms keep grabbing the heavy with no one around. I need to care less about helping the team win apparently.

Strider

wha'cha talking about?

I can't get Boolean Gemini because I'm not rank 3 with the queen.

I didn't play HoW at all so I started at 0 rep. The only way for me to get rep now is her bounties but she only offers 3 a week and they arent fun.

So technically I exaggerated and it is still possible to obtain the gun for me (eventually) it's just a huge nuisance that IMO shouldn't be required.

Kyne

Mayhem Clash huh?

People doing the sword quest, here's your chance. Heavy drops every minute or something.

Also, those who are doing the TLW quest, do classic 3v3/6v6. It's filled with people who 'used' to play or are playing the demo. Scrub central.

zewone

I didn't play HoW at all so I started at 0 rep. The only way for me to get rep now is her bounties but she only offers 3 a week and they arent fun.

So technically I exaggerated and it is still possible to obtain the gun for me (eventually) it's just a huge nuisance that IMO shouldn't be required.

Can you do the HoW missions if you never did them to get rep?

btkadams

Can't you go to that quest archive thing in the tower and restart the house of wolves quest line continuously? I think you get rep from playing it over again. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

LTWood12

Well I'm rank 3, did all her missions, and still don't have it because I have to finish Variks' questline. Touch of Malice comes first though.

Strider

Can you do the HoW missions if you never did them to get rep?

Can't you go to that quest archive thing in the tower and restart the house of wolves quest line continuously? I think you get rep from playing it over again. Perhaps someone else can confirm?

I did those which let me hit rank 1 but still got weeks left before I'm able to hit rank 3.

And I didn't know at the time I could reset those continuosly so I completed the whole thing. So it's gone now.

But I shouldn't have to reset a questline (from a past expansion) continuously to get a gun which was added in TTK. It's silly.

Kyne

Yeah that sucks but that's the flow of things this time around. Now you have weapons that are exclusive to classes..

I was really upset when I heard that I wouldn't be able to use Ace of Spades on my Titan. ;\

btkadams

Did anyone else's House of Judgement rep reset with TTK? Mine says I'm in the middle of rank 2, but I've bought rank 3 items pre-TTK with this character (it's my main since day one).

Sullichin

We're stuck doing the bounties now it's the only way to get rep as far as I know.

Sucks because I cant get Boolean despite doing the questline because I'm not rank 3 :(

Edit: oh yea the questline for HoW give ssome rep if you have iut in your abandoned quests log

Queen rep is obtained through the House of Wolves quest line (missions from that expansion) and doing Petra's bounties which unlock during Petra's quest line.

Petra and Varik have a quest line that awards Queen's Wrath Reputation, but if you didn't like the PvE stuff in House of Wolves, you may not like this either. It's a bit tedious. It mostly involves killing Taken Champions on every planet. After the quest line is over, I believe Petra has bounties, but I can't confirm that because I'm not finished with said quest.

Once you finish her questline, Petra offers weekly quests that give pretty good rep.

Thanks all! I never did the "kill high value target" bounties. Not sure if they're the same now. Guess it's another thing to grind.

Mayhem Clash huh?

People doing the sword quest, here's your chance. Heavy drops every minute or something.

Also, those who are doing the TLW quest, do classic 3v3/6v6. It's filled with people who 'used' to play or are playing the demo. Scrub central.

Also, PERFECT mode for anyone doing PVP subclass quests. The first part is always 20 kills with melee ability, 20 kills with grenades, and finally 30 multi-kills with super.

Sullichin

There should always be a mayhem mode in the rotation for the sake of people playing PVP just for bounties/quest objectives. We can have one shitshow mode to keep some of that poison out of the regular playlists.

Strider

Yeah that sucks but that's the flow of things this time around. Now you have weapons that are exclusive to classes..

I was really upset when I heard that I wouldn't be able to use Ace of Spades on my Titan. ;\

The more I've thought about class specific weapons the more I hate it... So yea... that sucks :( I'd love to try the Tlaloc but I dont have a warlock.

Frostburn

Why do I still have a purple triangle over the tower but when I go there, there is nothing to do?

Gotta go buy a can of Redbull and put in the code, seriously it is bugged and once I got a code from someone on here and contacted Redbull (Because code was already taken) and got the first quest to go do patrol sparrow charge races I get no more purple triangle over the tower.

MechDX

I started getting the bounties last week. Did a couple last night and leveled her up to 5 and she gave me an LMG that she gave out during HoW.......yay a 150 weapon.

What is the point?

j_rocca42

I heard it's related to the red bull quest... which sucks, because they don't sell the Destiny Red Bulls in Europe :/

Gotta go buy a can of Redbull and put in the code, seriously it is bugged and once I got a code from someone on here and contacted Redbull (Because code was already taken) and got the first quest to go do patrol sparrow charge races I get no more purple triangle over the tower.
Lame...

On an unrelated note, who's down for a nightfall?

I started getting the bounties last week. Did a couple last night and leveled her up to 5 and she gave me an LMG that she gave out during HoW.......yay a 150 weapon.

What is the point?

Yeah, it's kind of obnoxious that The Reef vendor items didn't get stat boost when The Taken King launched. Varik has a nice Hunter class item, but it's 150. There's no incentive for me to attempt to level him up. I'm working on Petra because she has a shader that I want.

Top Bottom