• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Kyne

Past 290, engrams are wiiliiildly less effective for progressing, by design.

The good news is the only thing it's really valuble to do so for is the raid, and the raid will give you at least one upgrade, almost guaranteed. Personally I got 4 upgrades from my first full run through.

The Court of Oryx, especially Tiers 2 and 3, can also drop relevant upgrades, sometimes outright on the ground (instead of as engrams). Beating Eris' Court quest will award you a 300 legendary artifact if you don't have one yet.

preach.

I got a new ghost/artifact from running CoO, as most people suggested. Brought me up to 297.

Top of page edit: TITAN AIR REVERSAL FUCKING HYPE.
https://vid.me/UQJO

Lee

datto and triple didnt even crack the top 10? wow, Datto must be ragin
hes was ragin at everyone on the stream

At the very beginning,
slam the relics part
, he was yelling at people for minor mistakes. That team was doomed from the start.

The good news is the only thing it's really valuble to do so for is the raid, and the raid will give you at least one upgrade, almost guaranteed. Personally I got 4 upgrades from my first full run through.

The Court of Oryx, especially Tiers 2 and 3, can also drop relevant upgrades, sometimes outright on the ground (instead of as engrams). Beating Eris' Court quest will award you a 300 legendary artifact if you don't have one yet.

whats the best way to get higher light gear post 290 then. Im at 295-296 and cant seem to progress. just running the raid?

E92 M3

Sniped them from the water.

They don't specify how much less is the chance, so it could still be viable.

Yup, probably 1 engram per 10 coins.

Thanks, sounds simple enough.

LOL! Bungie fixed the Hadium Flake chest patrol exploit, RIP to anyone who is still looking to farm them.

I hope it's not as bad as I need. No idea why Bungie would make it so hard for us.

I knew what you were talking about; everyone has already reported to her today and so far she's come up with nothing.

Ah okay, hmm weird kayos would say it then. Also, from what tier of CoO did you get the 297 ghost? I am still rocking a 280 one :(

The only reason to go past 290 is the raid, and so the raid is really the way to get that gear. This is unchanged since vanilla.

And unlike previous max level content, you can actually get to raid recommended (light) level w/o doing the raid.

Wait, are people really trying to figure out the quickest strike to farm for 3 of coins now? Why would you want to do that to yourself? Why not just run Vanguard Heroic Playlist and get tons of engrams for consecutive strike modifier and actually enjoy some diversity?

void666

Banned
I'm ok with this change to three of coins. Tbh i farmed draksis but i hate this kind of thing.
I'll gladly use it as intended.

SkylineRKR

Datto and his crew haven't been relevant since VoG. He is always salty. Must be a real unpleasant dude to play with.

Ýeah during VoG they were the top dogs but later on not so much I think. But I thought his videos were always helpful and their challenges such as beating Atheon with the Khostov were original.

But I have never really watched his streams.

Navy Bean

Yep, now I have to find some time to raid.... on a positive note, I got the Tlalock Scout Rifle and it is my new favorite gun in Destiny...highly recommended for all Warlocks.

Datto and his crew haven't been relevant since VoG. He is always salty. Must be a real unpleasant dude to play with.

I really liked his videos pre-launch. They seemed informative, good analysis of what we saw in the alpha and beta.

But since he was mobbed by people who liked what he was doing, he started to buy into his own celebrity and effectively became arrogant and angry.

Even the way he talks now in his videos, especially when he shows his own face, he comes across as smarmy and self absorbed.

It's too bad really, as I say I liked his stuff but he seemed a lot more humble back then. I don't bother with him anymore.

chur

whats the best way to get higher light gear post 290 then. Im at 295-296 and cant seem to progress. just running the raid?
Yeah that's the best way. You can also do strikes and Court of Oryx to get lots of engrams. You'll have to pray to RNGesus that they're the light level you need though.

At the very beginning,
slam the relics part
, he was yelling at people for minor mistakes. That team was doomed from the start.

yeah, just goes to show you, that goths team which was very encouraging and patient, were worlds first, when Datto screaming at everyody didnt elp anything at all.

really makes you appreciate our awesome sherpas in our community like Hawkian and Drizz. always patient, encouraging and friendly

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Does GAF hate Datto or something? Have no opinion of him myself, I'm a Destiny Planet kinda guy.

Its not hate at all. Datto kinda lets it fly on people and a lot of things in general. He's a really informative community member though.

purg3

slept with Malkin
WOW

I got lucky. I just deleted my Titan and Warlock yesterday. Made sure to dismantle all of their year 1 exotics too. Really it was just to save vault space... I was getting double shards on just about all of them too.

Weird that they'd give that attention though. Year 1 RNG was an asshole. I earned those shards lol

I deleted my unused year one stuff last night as well, double shards wooo.

ocean

Banned
It's cool to see Luminosity, ZL Chris and General Matsumoto being in the first ten teams to clear. You always imagine these guys as PvP pros but they're evidently skilled at PvE as well.

Is BSK's 44m run still the fastest?

MrDaravon

I didn't retroactively get marks for any of the quests that didn't give me Marks that they fixed, and none of them show up in Abandoned Quests. No level 40 quest popped either. Sadface.

dB Viper

Is a 285 light guardian too low for the Golg fight? All other people are 290-295 and I'm at 298. I don't know if he could handle gaze grabber so he'd have to be DPS.

I'm trying to carry 5 of my buddies as far as possible who have never done the raid. Took us an hour to do the Death Singer Power lol. They aren't the greatest players in the world but can take direction. Wondering if it's worth even trying? We're at the WarPriest now so I guess we have to get past that first.

Edit: got rid of spolier tags.. seems like it's being talked about a few pages back

JTripper

Thinking of just infusing my spindle into my 1000 Yard Stare to get 308. It'll save me an exotic slot so I'll get to use my Touch of Malice.

What do you guys recommend?

Hadium flake farming is dumb as fuck. I have no idea why they are bringing back one of the worst aspects of early vanilla destiny to unlock one of the funnest additions to 2.0, swords. There needs to be a wormspore to hadium flake currency exchanged at Eris rank 5. That way you definitely still have to play a bunch, likely CoO, but then when you want your damn sword, you don't have to run around like a year 1 dipshit farming chests hours on end.

RdN

Is a 285 light guardian too low for the
Golgoroth
fight? All other people are 290-295 and I'm at 298. I don't know if he could handle
gaze grabber
so he'd have to be DPS.

I'm trying to carry 5 of my buddies as far as possible who have never done the raid. Took us an hour to do the Death Singer Power lol. They aren't the greatest players in the world but can take direction. Wondering if it's worth even trying? We're at the WarPriest now so I guess we have to get past that first.

Be the one clearing the explosive Thralls and it should be OK.

Ambitious

Yeah, the Nexus is probably the fastest. There's only one obligatory encounter, and all you have to do is to kill the three servitors. Afterwards, you can run straight to the boss. Stay up top, snipe the minotaurs and take our your Black Spindles for the boss.

But I wonder what the cooldown for the ToC is. If it's too high, you might still be subject to the reduced drop chance for exotics if you speedrun a strike.

E92 M3

Like I said before, Bungie needs to release a massive stats dump about how we play Destiny. Earlier, Urk seemed to have liked the idea and I hope it comes to fruition. My worry is that Deej wants to keep Destiny casual on the community end and not scare people off with numbers.

nOoblet16

The difference between this and the first team which cleared is that they were calmer, Goth especially is always calm and cool...I've never seen him rage.

Broman is loud but I don't see him rage either.

SkylineRKR

Hadium flake farming is dumb as fuck. I have no idea why they are bringing back one of the worst aspects of early vanilla destiny to unlock one of the funnest additions to 2.0, swords. There needs to be a wormspore to hadium flake currency exchanged at Eris rank 5. That way you definitely still have to play a bunch, likely CoO, but then when you want your damn sword, you don't have to run around like a year 1 dipshit farming chests hours on end.

Yeah its terrible. I still need about 10 in order to get my purple sword. But I can't really bother with it at all though I want a sword. Its such an outlier now, the whole game made me feel the brainless woken the hive and scablands farming was largely gone but then this.

I have a regular route right from the spawn in that takes about two minutes to run, and nets anywhere from 2-4 flakes.

To orbit, spawn in, repeat.

It doesn't take long to get 25. I found the route on youtube, and it was super easy to learn and do.

Does anyone know if the checkpoint still works for "We've woken the hive!" mission. Every time I go in and farm it, I have to start from the beginning even though I previously left before killing the knight.

Top Bottom