• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

E92 M3

Yeah, it's kind of obnoxious that The Reef vendor items didn't get stat boost when The Taken King launched. Varik has a nice Hunter class item, but it's 150. There's no incentive for me to attempt to level him up. I'm working on Petra because she has a shader that I want.

The only benefit of POE are strange coins from 28.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The problem w/ all pvp modes right now is that they made all these different quest requirements that make everyone have to play lonewolf style. i.e., I'm running around getting sword kills w/out heavy ammo.
I dunno. There's some from column A and some from column B, for sure.

In this game, I literally didn't kill anyone unless it was with the sword, grenade or super.
FmKMRYt.png
I still had by far the highest score on the server because no one else on my team seemed to be playing the objective at all. I had virtually no cover fire during my carries (everyone just kept firing across the center bridge on Frontier) at all or we'd actually have won despite my lone-wolfy swordness.
I'm still loving the game, but the more I play the more I dislike the new Light system. Bungie has gone on record saying that they weren't happy with the Light system in Year 1, but in Year 2 the changes basically force you to use armor AND weapons that you don't want to.

For example, if I equip my best weapons and armor, my highest Light level will be 270 or something close to that. But to get to this level, I have to equip a 275 attack Sidearm. I hate using sidearms, so if I decide to switch it out to a shotgun my Light level falls and it becomes more difficult to complete harder challenges.

Same thing with the armor. I want to use Intellect + Discipline builds, but Light trumps everything and I'm forced to use a hodgepodge of armor that doesn't excel in any one category.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it right, I don't know. But I remember Bungie mentioning that they didn't like how players were essentially forced into using certain pieces of armor in Year 1 if they wanted to have a high Light level. With Light being attached to weapons now, it seems as if they've doubled-down on that.
I totally get what you're saying, but what you're experiencing is wholly temporary- at first you'll have to equip the highest Light gear you have to be competitive, regardless of the gear you want to be using. But as you acquire more gear and decide what you want to stick with, you'll infuse your favorite gear up over time and essentially, in the end, be your highest Light self using only the gear you want to. This has the effect of giving you some longer-term stuff to work toward versus just "hitting 300" or "beating the raid"- you can really customize your character across the endgame here.

So I'd definitely disagree that they've "doubled down" on what you're identifying here- remember that back in the early days, the only way to hit 30 was with a single set of armor, and one that you could only get through RNG at that. Though it might seem superficially similar at first, in the end this is a much more flexible and wholly improved system.

It's hard to really see this from the Light range you're in now when everything is a struggle just to clamber up the levels. But once you get near the top it starts to look quite different (and you have a big headstart if you have any alts).

Schryver

I can't get Boolean Gemini because I'm not rank 3 with the queen.

I didn't play HoW at all so I started at 0 rep. The only way for me to get rep now is her bounties but she only offers 3 a week and they arent fun.

So technically I exaggerated and it is still possible to obtain the gun for me (eventually) it's just a huge nuisance that IMO shouldn't be required.

Did her weekly quests reset this morning or is it tomorrow morning?

Juraash

Regarding the Red Bull quest, someone just sent me this and it works: removed

Redeem on redbull site and automatically apply to your account.

Yeah this is what broke the promotion lol. And why my replacement code from Red Bull didn't even work. At this point it's basically moot for me but I sympathize with everyone still wanting to bring up a character with the buff.

Dawg

Yeah this is what broke the promotion lol. And why my replacement code from Red Bull didn't even work. At this point it's basically moot for me but I sympathize with everyone still wanting to bring up a character with the buff.

I feel bad now for sharing the link...

But... at the same time, I'm glad there's a way for us Europeans to play the questline too. Then again, it comes at a price :mad: I think the promotion itself is pretty cool but it locks out a lot of people out of it :(

Sullichin

I have a ton of focused lights that I redeemed, from actually drinking Redbull. I gave several of them out here too...

But after the first two, they just stopped showing up in my postmaster. I should have like 4 of them waiting for me. I keep waiting for them to show up.

Even then, as a Crucible player, I've had no problem getting close to 30 Strange Coins each week. I have a couple of Varik consumables that dropped early on for me, but I have no incentive to rank him up and cash in.

Mupod

has anyone figured out if the 'increased armor for X subclass' stacks with The Ram? Or how much extra armor it even is?

You can't tell someone to remove a link without also removing it from the post you quoted lol.

Looks like it's here to stay unless a mod removes it.

I actually tried to get that quest started but I gave up after a bit. Impossible for me at least with randoms.

Maybe when IB comes and I board a GAF crucible train... Maybe.

Progress with the Last Word, right? For some reason I had a much easier time getting this done playing Salvage. Could have just been because it was 3v3 but maybe give that a shot.

phen0m24

Psshh go back to your xbonerforums.corn

I've been mostly sticking to SoM's group psn chat and just lurking here. It's too difficult to keep up with this OT, but I'm around. You know how to find me.

Comedy gold my man

Let's nightfall again
so I can forget your from Texas and stuff

How goes it over there with Stroopie and Mr. Novabomb? ;)

Dawg

I'm really sorry for sharing that link. I figured it worked like the codes you can find on reddit for shaders etc. Multiple uses or whatever, but I guess I was wrong :( Just wanted to help out, didn't want to break legit codes this way :|

Pls forgive.

Just as I wrote about my destiny shirt, I sit down in the cafeteria for lunch, and some guy asks me "ps4 or xbox?" I was confused for a good 2 second and I was like oh! Made a new friend from work who plays on Xbox. He has a 305 Titan with touch of malice, etc. Sweet!

Sullichin

I've actually fallen asleep playing POE a few times. I'm glad they went in a different direction with PVE content in TTK. POE is really boring, and Variks is annoying. Decided to do a 28 over the weekend for some coins and it's just a boring waste of time.

Ambitious

Do we know anything about the other three statues in the CoO? As it happens, there are exactly three unaccounted Calcified Fragments, though I'm not convinced they will too be obtainable in the CoO.

ich00

Man, the gaming side thread is hostile. I threw a post up looking for some raiding help tonight, got called out for not saying it was PS4( my bad really), fixed the OP, then got crap cause I people didn't look at the OP.

I'm not sure I'll be venturing back over there.

Yeah I know, but if I'm on Vita, it means I'm 'hanging out' with my wife.

According to Macello you don't need to do that anymore. Sony fixed this issue and you can just chat between vita and ps4 now. No trick needed.

I have yet to try this tho.
Correct, entering party chat on Vita and then starting remote play no longer kicks you off of wireless. It's actually a bad change since it doesn't auto-home in on the best Wifi signal anymore, but at least you can party chat without jumping through hoops.

So got the ghost and the shotgun from the raid. Problem is shotgun is 300 and the ghost is barely above 300. Not sure I'm liking the random light outputs.
Bungie's way of making you replay content.

Also once again the shards did nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? I had 20..
Obviously the raid hasn't been out that long, but just seems strange to me.

Ragarra

So got the ghost and the shotgun from the raid. Problem is shotgun is 300 and the ghost is barely above 300. Not sure I'm liking the random light outputs.

Also once again the shards did nothing. Am I doing something wrong here? I had 20..

When you kill the last boss in the raid with 20 shards in your inventory you get an additional loot drop. I got an sublime engram, someone else got an additional raid weapon. So it could just be something terrible you get for 20 shards.

Frostburn

I got nothing but 2 shards from my 20 as well along with one or two others in the raid I think. Seems like a bug or the chance of the 20 shards actually getting you extra gear is maybe 50/50 at best.

Still waiting on a ghost from the raid or anywhere, 287 Vanguard Ghost right now is my highest.

Progress with the Last Word, right? For some reason I had a much easier time getting this done playing Salvage. Could have just been because it was 3v3 but maybe give that a shot.

Hum... I'll give it a shot, thanks.

Correct, entering party chat on Vita and then starting remote play no longer kicks you off of wireless. It's actually a bad change since it doesn't auto-home in on the best Wifi signal anymore, but at least you can party chat without jumping through hoops.

Wait, what does this means?

I ask becauseit had been a while sicne I tried remote play and the last couple of days when I did I kept getting disconnected. Is this related to this change?

I'm really sorry for sharing that link. I figured it worked like the codes you can find on reddit for shaders etc. Multiple uses or whatever, but I guess I was wrong :( Just wanted to help out, didn't want to break legit codes this way :|

Pls forgive.

Don't worry about. It is shit that it's US only and you get a constant in-game reminder that it's not available to you.

Luckily, there's some great folks around here and one of them might even give you a code. ;)

Pls forgive.

Don't sweat it. Those code generators have been out for nearly two months, so damage was done a long time ago. And Redbull is good, if slow, with giving replacement codes if you write to them.

When you kill the last boss in the raid with 20 shards in your inventory you get an additional loot drop. I got an sublime engram, someone else got an additional raid weapon. So it could just be something terrible you get for 20 shards.
I got the ghost and shards. Don't shards come naturally?

Sticking this here again:

Repost from the community side of DGaf:

Good Morning DGaf!

Is there any interest in a night time weekly reset raid? My thoughts were starting around 10pm EST. I have one friend who would join who isn’t on Gaf, so would need 4 people. If we had a few people who wanted to be alts that would be good too, just in case people dropped out. Sign-up sheet below. (Ideally this could become a weekly adventure)

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. Ichabod00's friend
3. PerilousInJ
alt1.
at2.

XB1 or PS4?

So last night I was doing the raid with my Titan for the first time, I got a 309 Defense Ghosts, so now I have a 308 and 309 defense Ghost. Feels good man.

I'm still loving the game, but the more I play the more I dislike the new Light system. Bungie has gone on record saying that they weren't happy with the Light system in Year 1, but in Year 2 the changes basically force you to use armor AND weapons that you don't want to.

For example, if I equip my best weapons and armor, my highest Light level will be 270 or something close to that. But to get to this level, I have to equip a 275 attack Sidearm. I hate using sidearms, so if I decide to switch it out to a shotgun my Light level falls and it becomes more difficult to complete harder challenges.

Same thing with the armor. I want to use Intellect + Discipline builds, but Light trumps everything and I'm forced to use a hodgepodge of armor that doesn't excel in any one category.

Maybe I'm just not understanding it right, I don't know. But I remember Bungie mentioning that they didn't like how players were essentially forced into using certain pieces of armor in Year 1 if they wanted to have a high Light level. With Light being attached to weapons now, it seems as if they've doubled-down on that.

You're only "forced" to if you want good engram rolls, and even then it's only for as long as you're at the cryptarch.

the idea is that you take that sidearm you hate and infuse it into a weapon you love, make that higher light, and then ditch the sidearm.

kiguel182

Is anyone on the CoO or wants to go there?

I have only done it once and I have 3 reciprocal runes I would like to use and/or just play some of it.

I'm 288 of light right now. Add kiguel183 if you want to play then!

Top Bottom