• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Even with the shards and supposed 'smart' loot, the raid still has issues with loot drops.

Twice now I've gotten duplicates in the same raid (2x shotguns and 2x Titan boots). It's also stupid that drops can only be 300 def. I understand them not wanting to hand everything out at once but the RNG aspect is a little absurd. It should be guaranteed to be 305+ at least.

Also, for the mouldering shards, it would have been better if they were like armor/weapons cores where you could trade in 20 shards for a pre-determined weapon/armor slot that changes each reset.

Navy Bean

What's the fewest number that could complete the entire raid? I think you could do everything with 4 people...except for the Glyph water section?

I was looking at memories on Facebook, the "on this day X year(s) ago..."

This day last year:

R0sbGfGh.jpg

Hahahaha made my day. Year 1 as the biggest love hate relationship.

Lol! I'm playing destiny right now on my vita at work! I got a black 1000 and a white 2000 ;) I can pretty much do anything in destiny besides the raids and extra hard content lol. Thumbs get sore hella fast

noomi

Raiding with mah group today @ 5:30PM.

So fucking excited to go back into Kings Fall. Everything about it is just so awesome.

Dear RNG... please drop scout and sniper... oh and armor.... please :)

So fucking excited to go back into Kings Fall. Everything about it is just so awesome.

Except for 1 thing...
it ends

I want the sniper and AR, and all the gears

We need one more spot for a feash raid. 290+

This again. I'll say it again. That requirement needs to go away. It's not all about the light. You can be in the 280s with great weapons and be way more valuable than 290s with crappy weapons and gear, by far.

285 with a 1000 yard stare and hung jury will dominate way more than a 300 light guardian with a crappy AR and crappy sniper/shotty/fusion

Blunoise

This again. I'll say it again. That requirement needs to go away. It's not all about the light. You can be in the 280s with great weapons and be way more valuable than 290s with crappy weapons and gear, by far.

285 with a 1000 yard stare and hung jury will dominate way more than a crappy AR and crappy sniper/shotty/fusion
This true, I was just requesting what I though was best. Do u want to join?

squadr0n

Hey guys, I need help with the Taken Assualt Earth Quest. Im on the last part of this string, where I need to kill 1 more Champion on Earth. Where should I be looking for him and if anyone needs it as well can join up if they want to help!

Also looking for a Nightfall group on PS4

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 292 Warlock

Baliis

I've concluded that the best way to play Destiny is to either:

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

The worst is sitting at work and reading everyone have fun lol

And somehow I still wouldn't have enough time to split between Destiny and Diablo 3 like I want

noomi

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

Hey at least we can spam the thread all day

"oh shit here comes my boss" *minimize*

I agree. The raid is really fun but doing it on three characters this past week was a bit of a grind. All of the boss encounters are fantastic but it's in need of some editing IMO.

Cut down on one or two platforming sections and jumping around aimlessly on rocks and I think you have a more enjoyable experience overall. Setting aside three nights just for raiding is approaching full blown MMO territory.

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

I think about this. I wish I had this in college but then again, it might have been bad. At least back then I can survive with 4 hours of sleep a day so it would have made this perfect. Not to mention waking up at 4am reset when my classes typically started at 9 at the earliest. Now I need 8 hours of sleep and waking up at 4am weekly would piss off my gf.

But I probably wouldn't have studied at all so..

I guess I can add another to that:
-Single or having an awesome partner.

Don't sweat it. Those code generators have been out for nearly two months, so damage was done a long time ago. And Redbull is good, if slow, with giving replacement codes if you write to them.

I guess theyve slowed down on the replacement codes. Ive bought 6 destiny redbulls now and havent gotten a single code to work. Ive opened a support ticket with redbull on all 6 and the only response ive gotten is an automated response saying theyre experiencing a high volume of issues and theyll get to me as soon as possible....which was before TTK even came out. Ive just given up on the whole thing now.

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

You forgot single. Gotta get home from work, have dinner with the wife, chat about our days, etc. Then it's sort of a wait-and-see game. Like..."Ok, cool...she's playing on her iPad so I can probably pick up the controller."

I guess theyve slowed down on the replacement codes. Ive bought 6 destiny redbulls now and havent gotten a single code to work. Ive opened a support ticket with redbull on all 6 and the only response ive gotten is an automated response saying theyre experiencing a high volume of issues and theyll get to me as soon as possible....which was before TTK even came out. Ive just given up on the whole thing now.
It took me two weeks from when I first contacted them to get my replacement codes.

Strider

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

Pretty much. I feel like I've played every available moment I could and I've still fallen behind lol Sucks.

I'd like to browse the thread more at work too but our computers block gaf and my phone has shit service most of the time.

E92 M3

Now I'm wondering if we have any retirees playing.

I think there was a story about a grandpa playing earlier?

And somehow I still wouldn't have enough time to split between Destiny and Diablo 3 like I want

Haven't touched Diablo 3, but know it's mighty fine!

Hey at least we can spam the thread all day

"oh shit here comes my boss" *minimize*

Yeah, that's why I lose track of this thread when I get home. Can't post and play.

sounds fun

The breach is my favorite place next to the cosmodrome. Always stuff going on.

I think about this. I wish I had this in college but then again, it might have been bad. At least back then I can survive with 4 hours of sleep a day so it would have made this perfect. Not to mention waking up at 4am reset when my classes typically started at 9 at the earliest.

But I probably wouldn't have studied at all.

Yeah, having an understanding partner goes a long way to enjoying such an intensive game as Destiny!

I think about this. I wish I had this in college but then again, it might have been bad. At least back then I can survive with 4 hours of sleep a day so it would have made this perfect. Not to mention waking up at 4am reset when my classes typically started at 9 at the earliest. Now I need 8 hours of sleep and waking up at 4am weekly would piss off my gf.

This is pretty much my whole thought process on it. Couple that with the fact that I have a newborn and the withdrawals get real. Sometimes I barely have an hour to play in a day

You forgot single. Gotta get home from work, have dinner with the wife, chat about our days, etc. Then it's sort of a wait-and-see game. Like..."Ok, cool...she's playing on her iPad so I can probably pick up the controller."

I feel your pain

Being a Married dad with two kids really cuts into my Destiny time lol

stb

I'm grateful this wasn't around when I was in college. I ended up on academic probation my freshman year just from Quake/TF/Q2CTF and PSX games with dorm pals. If Destiny was out then, I'd probably be panhandling or hooking or something.

Top Bottom