• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Deku Tree

It won't repeat because it's not even close to true anymore.

The difference between 309 and 310 is nothing like 29 vs 30 in the Hard Vault.

Yeah for gameplay purposes 309 is virtually exactly the same as 310. It's like a 2.5% differenence in damage.

29 vs 30 was like approx a 32% difference in damage.

Once you get past a certain light level, say 305, every single exotic engram you decrypt and every piece of Raid or ToO gear that drops for you should be 310, because fuck being stuck at 309 and getting constant 290 and 300 drops, Bungie surely don't want a repeat of the "Forever 29" meme, do they?

forever 309 will be a thing right before the next expansion hits. then everyone will work there ass off to get to 310, only to find out greens will start dropping at 323 in the first story mission of the next expansion. Im taking it slow this time.

E92 M3

Once your over 300 you have a 50/50 chance for an engram to decode as 310 or 290. There is no 300 possibility. And a 50/50 chance is very good. If it's a 310 keep it or infuse it. If it's a 290 cup then it gives you an exotic shard to use for infusion later on...

I haven't gotten a single 310 from an engram =/

Once your over 300 you have a 50/50 chance for an engram to decode as 310 or 290. There is no 300 possibility. And a 50/50 chance is very good. If it's a 310 keep it or infuse it. If it's a 290 cup then it gives you an exotic shard to use for infusion later on...

yup, if you can get a 310 armor engrams for every slot, you can infuse to your hearts content. easy way to level up for sure.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yes, we are indeed fabulous
CQF8cW_UcAE1FyV.jpg:large

Anyone wanna help me kill the shield brothers with shotguns?

Amneisac

Kind of a strange question, I picked up TTK Legendary Edition today, brand new Destiny player on PS4 - kind of excited. PSN is expired. Should I be able to rock it solo offline for a while and wait for a $39.99 PSN deal (they come along every few weeks it seems) or will I have a miserable time trying to play solo and offline? Keep in mind I have literally 0 friends with a PS4 so it'd be only pugs.

Sullichin

Kind of a strange question, I picked up TTK Legendary Edition today, brand new Destiny player on PS4 - kind of excited. PSN is expired. Should I be able to rock it solo offline for a while and wait for a $39.99 PSN deal (they come along every few weeks it seems) or will I have a miserable time trying to play solo and offline? Keep in mind I have literally 0 friends with a PS4 so it'd be only pugs.

Don't think you can do any of the activities with matchmaking without PS+.

LukeSmith

Once you get past a certain light level, say 305, every single exotic engram you decrypt and every piece of Raid or ToO gear that drops for you should be 310, because fuck being stuck at 309 and getting constant 290 and 300 drops, Bungie surely don't want a repeat of the "Forever 29" meme, do they?

The Forever 29 meme isn't an apt comparison at all. And everytime someone stretches to trying to make it, I shake my head.

Raid final boss isn't 310 (so you aren't pushing against something you can't attain), and so there's no meaningful progression content above 300 for you right now so being 307 or 308 in week 2 doesn't really matter in terms of power (vertical) progression.

The max Light value for content currently in the game is 300, once you've crossed that threshold, you can climb all of the mountains currently on your horizon.

Deku Tree

Destiny is played much better with others. If you hang out in this thread, then you can find an enormous number of people to play with.

E92 M3

The Forever 29 meme isn't an apt comparison at all. And everytime someone stretches to trying to make it, I shake my head.

Raid final boss isn't 310 (so you aren't pushing against something you can't attain), and so there's no meaningful progression content above 300 for you right now so being 307 or 308 in week 2 doesn't really matter in terms of power (vertical) progression.

The max Light value for content currently in the game is 300, once you've crossed that threshold, you can climb all of the mountains currently on your horizon.

That seems to go along with my theory that heroic raid will have difficult mechanics not bullet sponges.

You probably can't confirm that now, though.

hehe the trick about switching regions to get infinite planetary mats works with rare farming for sword as well, until they stop dropping completely. Then you go to orbit, come back and repeat. Managed to get all 10 in about 45 mins.

ich00

I know there has to be 1 person who haven't done the raid and would like to tonight....

Sticking this here again:

DGaf!

Are there any PS4 players that have any interest in a night time weekly reset raid? My thoughts were starting around 10pm EST. I have one friend who would join who isn’t on Gaf, so would need 4 people. If we had a few people who wanted to be alts that would be good too, just in case people dropped out. Sign-up sheet below. (Ideally this could become a weekly adventure)

1. Ichabod00 (me)
2. Ichabod00's friend
3. PerilousInJ
4. UndoneBahamut
5. blackhawk2914
alt1.
at2.

Why don't shaders affect marks and cloaks anymore?

This is terrible! Half of the Hunter cloaks are neon green, which doesn't go with anything. Sure my Ruin Wings change color, but you know what's even bigger and more noticeable? My dumb mark that's periwinkle blue.

I would hands down, no regrets, no hesitation give up exotic shading to get back mark/cloak shading. Easily the worst part of TTK.

LTWood12

Von Trapp Hype
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoCPuhhE6dw

rNilla

Why don't shaders affect marks and cloaks anymore?

This is terrible! Half of the Hunter cloaks are neon green, which doesn't go with anything. Sure my Ruin Wings change color, but you know what's even bigger and more noticeable? My dumb mark that's periwinkle blue.

I would hands down, no regrets, no hesitation give up exotic shading to get back mark/cloak shading. Easily the worst part of TTK.

But I like my bright, camo-patterned long strips of TP!

I'd rather not fight over kill with blueberries.

Whole team gets the credit. I didn't have last shot on either brother. Just made sure I did shotgun damage to both at some point in the fight. It's a welcome change from trying to do Thorn after everyone else already had it and no one wanted to do a slog of a strike waiting for 10 minutes for an add.

pyrandes

Anyone looking for 1 (light lvl 296/297) to raid tonite, probably after 6/7pm pdt? Been to the past boss but had to miss out on completing Sun/Mon due to other commitments :(.

WipedOut

Just please for the love of god don't make the heroic Raid 320 - That literally might make a grown man cry. Oh and Go Colts!!!

9 man what?
Damn I need that calcified fragment too for ToM. guess Ill have to find a group later tonight

if a spot opens up let me know please, I need that calcified fragment. I have 2 antiquated runes.

Kitaj84

join up, we have a spot.

You are absolutely correct.

300 or 305 does not matter, we are however concerned about heroic raid which we expect to be 310 or higher, so would like to get gear that gets us to that level.

We would also like some clarification on how smart loot works? A couple of players have all 4 armor pieces in 2 weeks. Most others have been getting dupes of the same one armor piece after 3 weeks of raiding.

Time to explain?

Yeah, falls under the understanding partner category lol.

It's strange: Destiny is the only game where it feels like "falling behind" even though our progress gets reset on major expansions.

Kinda crazy to think about.

Haha man you're on the same wavelength as me lately. I have these thoughts and don't talk about it and they show up here.

I basically started a week late, so I feel super behind. But then obviously during the next expac, it might all be worthless. I've been deleting more of my old stuff because my vault is full yet again. There's hardly a scenario where I can use old gear.

But it mostly sucks because everyone is talking about it or enjoying it while I have no idea what's going on. Or they find surprises or talk strats about such and such or different weapons that I don't have or know about.

I'm so glad I didn't spoil kings fall. That was an absolutely blast with a blind group. I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't wait for future new raids I can experience on day 1.

1. Is the only way to get a 310 ghost the raid?
2. Is the only way to get a 310 artifact the Eris quest? At least with the ghost you can get it multiple times, but this is a one time deal?
3. Once again, since none of the new exotic boots are dropping, is the only way to get 310 boots the raid?
4. Master Rahool is selling legendary boot engrams this week. Supposedly exotics are a possibility from legendaries. Anyone want to try and see if the new exotic boots can drop from these?

Void walker definitely isn't as good compared to these new sub classes. At least in mayhem.
Haven't touched it this week yet, but Sunsinger was ace in Mayhem (with Radiant Skin, no need to self revive here) and I usually prefer Voidwalker.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Whole team gets the credit. I didn't have last shot on either brother. Just made sure I did shotgun damage to both at some point in the fight. It's a welcome change from trying to do Thorn after everyone else already had it and no one wanted to do a slog of a strike waiting for 10 minutes for an add.

Whole team gets kills regardless of last hit? Interesting.

Top Bottom