• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

squadr0n

Hey guys, I need help with the Taken Assualt Earth Quest. Im on the last part of this string, where I need to kill 1 more Champion on Earth. Where should I be looking for him and if anyone needs it as well can join up if they want to help!

Also looking for a Nightfall group or Prison of Elders on PS4

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 292 Warlock

I've concluded that the best way to play Destiny is to either:

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

The worst is sitting at work and reading everyone have fun lol

I was just thinking this the other day. I don't fall under any of those categories. At least I'm not married yet with kids, I'm not sure how I would even fit in time for Destiny then...

E92 M3

You forgot single. Gotta get home from work, have dinner with the wife, chat about our days, etc. Then it's sort of a wait-and-see game. Like..."Ok, cool...she's playing on her iPad so I can probably pick up the controller."

Yeah, falls under the understanding partner category lol.

Pretty much. I feel like I've played every available moment I could and I've still fallen behind lol Sucks.

I'd like to browse the thread more at work too but our computers block gaf and my phone has shit service most of the time.

It's strange: Destiny is the only game where it feels like "falling behind" even though our progress gets reset on major expansions.

Kinda crazy to think about.

Namikaze1

Uh just killed 25 units and 0% still... Weird.

Im gonna try PvP and see what happens, if not i need to find a good farming spot with elites for me to kill.
Late but load up Regicide Light 240 version. Go to the bridge where the Ascendant Gate is at. A large taken knight will spawn once you hop on the bridge. Ignore the ads and just focus on it. Kill it with a shotgun, kill yourself, and repeat. Takes 17 kills to complete this part of the quest.

phen0m24

I've concluded that the best way to play Destiny is to either:

- Be unemployed
- 15 years old
- Student
- Retired

The worst is sitting at work and reading everyone have fun lol

You forgot divorced single parent

Don't wish it on anyone though

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's strange: Destiny is the only game where it feels like "falling behind" even though our progress gets reset on major expansions.

What's weird is that there's nothing really to fall behind. Most of us can already do the raid, and there's no other content that we can't already tackle. It's just min-maxing and collecting at this point until hard mode.

You'd think people would have saved some of their solar weapons for a solar burn eventuality. Using conspiracy theory D in this nightfall is just not gonna work.

Deku Tree

Uh just killed 25 units and 0% still... Weird.

Im gonna try PvP and see what happens, if not i need to find a good farming spot with elites for me to kill.

I just used my sword a lot playing normally and didn't worry about it and it happened eventually. Then for my second sword I skipped that step.

Is there anything to do with Helium Filaments, Spinmetal, and Spirit Bloom?
The 200-packs are clogging up my inventory/vault and seemingly almost no equipment requires them (always Relic Iron).

Is there anything to do with Helium Filaments, Spinmetal, and Spirit Bloom?
The 200-packs are clogging up my inventory/vault and seemingly almost no equipment requires them (always Relic Iron).
Fuck relic iron.
You can turn them in for rep I believe. Or just keep them. Better then farming.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Late but load up Regicide Light 240 version. Go to the bridge where the Ascendant Gate is at. A large taken knight will spawn once you hop on the bridge. Ignore the ads and just focus on it. Kill it with a shotgun, kill yourself, and repeat. Takes 17 kills to complete this part of the quest.
Alright cool. If i dont hit 100% on my new PvP (72% now) ill do that. Thanks.
I just used my sword a lot playing normally and didn't worry about it and it happened eventually. Then for my second sword I skipped that step.

Sword?

LTWood12

I'm pretty sure a 170 solar VoC does less damage than a 280 kinetic Hung Jury even during Solar Burn, and similarly for other elemental primaries.

I'd be interested to know for sure. The nightfall buff is 2x on it's own, but the loss of light level might cancel out the theoretical 340 attack power of VoC.

E92 M3

You forgot divorced single parent

Don't wish it on anyone though

I figured parents are naturally more restricted for time, lol. That said, I miss being a student - gaming nonstop and a strong GPA so no one could say I gamed too much.

What's weird is that there's nothing really to fall behind. Most of us can already do the raid, and there's no other content that we can't already tackle. It's just min-maxing and collecting at this point until hard mode.

Yes, that's correct, but there is some kind of psychological pull to not "fall behind." It's like a dumb invisible race lol.

Hey guys, I need help with the Taken Assualt Earth Quest. Im on the last part of this string, where I need to kill 1 more Champion on Earth. Where should I be looking for him and if anyone needs it as well can join up if they want to help

Go to The Divide on Earth (the area to the right of where you spawn in). Don't Sparrow through the building to get there. Walk nice & slow so the game can matchmake you with other guardians already there. This is a very popular zone so you'll hopefully get other folks in there with you. Kill random adds that appear then kill 3x Taken Lieutenants (Captains in this area I believe). Then the Champ appears. Run a good distance away and use a high impact sniper and/or Gjallarhorn. That's how I effectively solo'd several.

Baliis

It's funny how I feel this way in D3 too, even though I only play seasons where there's character resets every time, and I don't play enough to ever be near the top of the leaderboards anyways. At least in Destiny I have most of the quests done now and can space everything through the week.

E92 M3

Bungie better give some kind of cool rewards for playing Destiny year-to-year. They have always been good about acknowledging loyal players, and hopefully that doesn't stop.

It's funny how I feel this way in D3 too, even though I only play seasons where there's character resets every time, and I don't play enough to ever be near the top of the leaderboards anyways. At least in Destiny I have most of the quests done now and can space everything through the week.

My favorite period in Destiny is when I have all the loot and not chasing anything. The space between the expansion packs. I can just play peacefully without worrying about anything.

--

Also, for all of the new Xbros here, add me: Trance Addix and join the Bad to Xbone group on Bnet. A lot of activity!

Daemul

Once you get past a certain light level, say 305, every single exotic engram you decrypt and every piece of Raid or ToO gear that drops for you should be 310, because fuck being stuck at 309 and getting constant 290 and 300 drops, Bungie surely don't want a repeat of the "Forever 29" meme, do they?

Pretty much. I feel like I've played every available moment I could and I've still fallen behind lol Sucks.

I'd like to browse the thread more at work too but our computers block gaf and my phone has shit service most of the time.

Following along the GAF thread and occasionally checking DestinyReddit throughout my day just raises my blood-pressure. I'm lucky if I get to play 1-2 hours a day on average. Trying to get a raid together is nearly impossible, since I never know when I can dedicate that much time.

I'll probably get to it when people can consistently get it down to an hour or so, and then hopefully find a newbie-friendly team.

Yes motherfucka I DO!

Got my Vita 1000 on launch day. Remote played Killzone Shadowfall on 11/14/15 (the day before PS4 was available to general public), and have a Vita TV on my Credenza. Have you run the relic on Vita? Have you done PoE 35 on Vita? If not YOU step off.
Yes, I've done both. Also killed Crota on hard on Vita and on normal with no mic!
The most reasonable size tablet from sony will cost $450. . I would purchase it if I can get it for 250 during Black Friday.

I really want to see how remote play is on a tablet that has a better wifi connection than the vita.
%^&$ing smartwatches have better wifi connections than the Vita.

rNilla

Once you get past a certain light level, say 305, every single exotic engram you decrypt and every piece of Raid or ToO gear that drops for you should be 310, because fuck being stuck at 309 and getting constant 290 and 300 drops, Bungie surely don't want a repeat of the "Forever 29" meme, do they?

It won't repeat because it's not even close to true anymore.

The difference between 309 and 310 is nothing like 29 vs 30 in the Hard Vault.

Deku Tree

Once your over 300 you have a 50/50 chance for an engram to decode as 310 or 290. There is no 300 possibility. And a 50/50 chance is very good. If it's a 310 keep it or infuse it. If it's a 290 cup then it gives you an exotic shard to use for infusion later on...

Top Bottom