• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Shito

Thinking of just infusing my spindle into my 1000 Yard Stare to get 308. It'll save me an exotic slot so I'll get to use my Touch of Malice.

What do you guys recommend?
Yep, I did that for my stillpiercer.
If I had a good roll on my 1000 Yard Stare, I would obviously had chosen that instead.

Afrocious

Wait, are people really trying to figure out the quickest strike to farm for 3 of coins now? Why would you want to do that to yourself? Why not just run Vanguard Heroic Playlist and get tons of engrams for consecutive strike modifier and actually enjoy some diversity?

>thinking im trying to have fun
kappa

Jinjo

I really liked his videos pre-launch. They seemed informative, good analysis of what we saw in the alpha and beta.

But since he was mobbed by people who liked what he was doing, he started to buy into his own celebrity and effectively became arrogant and angry.

Even the way he talks now in his videos, especially when he shows his own face, he comes across as smarmy and self absorbed.

It's too bad really, as I say I liked his stuff but he seemed a lot more humble back then. I don't bother with him anymore.

Completely agree. Even in the early VoG Destiny days his vids were excellent. The raid ones still are. But he seems so obsessed in getting that world first clear of something next to his name so bad.

I have a regular route right from the spawn in that takes about two minutes to run, and nets anywhere from 2-4 flakes.

To orbit, spawn in, repeat.

It doesn't take long to get 25. I found the route on youtube, and it was super easy to learn and do.

Yeah, I know, I used to run Rocketyard for spinmetal and it was a piece of cake, but also mind numbingly dull and something they rightfully removed from the game as a necessary function. There is nothing exciting about running in circles. It is bullshit that they brought back something everyone hated to progress gate something every wants.

Dude I totally forgot about this! I redeemed a code but I don't think I actually did the quest it's supposed to unlock.

Can anyone clarify this for me too? Pls.

As long as you have entered one code, Amanda Holliday (ship/sparrow vendor) will have your quest for you.

SkylineRKR

Vanguard Heroic MM isn't fun to me. People orbit out of Black Garden and Echo Chamber. Or are completely dumb.

I think i'll grind regular playlist for that instead. As for blue engrams, when I did Shadow Thief from the world map for the Variks stuff I scored a boatload of them. And some were pretty damn good. Easy as hell to complete too.

MechDX

So if you pop a 3ofC for a strike boss when is the best time to do it? If you pop one and the die before the boss is dead does it negate the buff provided by the coin?

I managed to get 20 Legendary marks by winning two matches in the Control PvP event. I didn't think they'd let you continue to earn after your first match. After playing this, and the PvP daily, I managed to earn 30 something marks. Not bad.

Does GAF hate Datto or something? Have no opinion of him myself, I'm a Destiny Planet kinda guy.

I actually find his videos very informative and his challenge videos are alot of fun to watch. but I think tyler said it best, his destiny celebrity status got to his head and now hes arrogant and angry.

I think he first started getting a little flack when he became very anti-casual and wanted changes implemented that catered strictly to the elite. the problem with that, Bungie seemed to be listening.

R0ckman

Wait, are people really trying to figure out the quickest strike to farm for 3 of coins now? Why would you want to do that to yourself? Why not just run Vanguard Heroic Playlist and get tons of engrams for consecutive strike modifier and actually enjoy some diversity?

Because consecutive heroic strikes are now almost impossible with randoms.

Yeah, I know, I used to run Rocketyard for spinmetal and it was a piece of cake, but also mind numbingly dull and something they rightfully removed from the game as a necessary function. There is nothing exciting about running in circles. It is bullshit that they brought back something everyone hated to progress gate something every wants.

It takes half an hour max to get the flakes for your sword. You want an absolutely completely and totally grind-free experience with Destiny? I don't think that's in the cards. They reduced the grind quite a bit but expecting none at all I think is just expecting things to be handed to you.

Hadium flake farming is dumb as fuck. I have no idea why they are bringing back one of the worst aspects of early vanilla destiny to unlock one of the funnest additions to 2.0, swords. There needs to be a wormspore to hadium flake currency exchanged at Eris rank 5. That way you definitely still have to play a bunch, likely CoO, but then when you want your damn sword, you don't have to run around like a year 1 dipshit farming chests hours on end.

As someone who has had to do this, I think it sucks but it's not nearly as awful as it was back in the day. I just posted this last page. Posting again to help. Also, Run a Nightstalker (keen eye) when farming Hadium.

I just got to the portion of the Exotic Sword quest where you have to collect planetary materials. This part is not nearly as tedious as people are making it out to be. Here's how to stream line it:

1. Have a ghost that detects the material you need.
2. Spawn on patrol, jump on your sparrow, ride around the perimeter.
3. As you ride around, you will see the nodes pop up on your hud. Collect them.
4. LEAVE THAT AREA. Just go to the next area. It takes too long for the nodes to respawn if you stay.
5. Repeat.

I did mars. I personally went between The Barrens, The Hollows, and The Buried City. I was getting a node every 30 seconds to a minute. Overall I think it might have taken me about 40 minutes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So if you pop a 3ofC for a strike boss when is the best time to do it? If you pop one and the die before the boss is dead does it negate the buff provided by the coin?

It doesn't expire until you kill an Ultra. You can die 100 times before that happen, doesn't matter.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only reason to go past 290 is the raid, and so the raid is really the way to get that gear. This is unchanged since vanilla.

And unlike previous max level content, you can actually get to raid recommended (light) level w/o doing the raid.
Court of Oryx got me to 292 or 293, I believe. :)

But yeah, and you can also raid under the recommended light, for at least the first half, fairly well under it, and have a chance at some upgrades. There are two very possible upgrades loot chances before
Golgoroth
and I bet a 280 or even late 270s Guardian could get there without too much hassle.
whats the best way to get higher light gear post 290 then. Im at 295-296 and cant seem to progress. just running the raid?
CoO and the Raid, yup. You're completely raid ready at 295.

ocean

Banned
Random loot sucks ass, and unfortunately there are many Exotics you can't work for. Unlike Black Spindle or Touch of Malice or Chaperone, which I own because I decided to own them, there's nothing I can do that will give me a Z. Supercell. I'd like one so I can use it in the content I do enjoy - Raids, Court of Oryx and PvP. Strikes get old and repetitive way too fast and the "tons of engrams" aspect is completely worthless once you're past 300.

So this Coins thing is just the path of least resistance to return to a previous state: owning everything and just playing for fun instead of having every activity be a "will I get it this time?" affair of dependency on things you don't control.

I enjoy the game a lot more once I have everything I want and no longer feel like I need to "get lucky".

Think of running VoG. Super cool activity. Nobody gives a shit about the loot, you just do it for a good time. That's what I want to have again. So if I gotta spend a couple afternoons chatting with Draksis to go back to that and break free from dumb randomness, then it's a compromise I'll happily pay :)

How is Deej hinting at changes and new things they're "excited to talk [to us] about"???

HOW COULD THIS GAME POSSIBLY GET ANY BETTER?????

they could feel sorry for me and give me the spindle

I get up early every morning to play and it doesnt even have the courtesy to make the coffee for me when im in the shower. BOO! DESTINY WORSE GAME EVA!

So what's the fastest way to charge the Agonarch rune? I dont fully understand how it works...

Normally the bosses you need to kill spawn once a day for a one charge per day rune, meaning it takes a week to fill.

If someone with a charged rune spawns the charged rune fight, those bosses appear during the fight and it counts them all towards charging your own rune if you are in the fight,all at once.

Court of Oryx got me to 292 or 293, I believe. :)

But yeah, and you can also raid under the recommended light, for at least the first half, fairly well under it, and have a chance at some upgrades. There are two very possible upgrades loot chances before
Golgoroth
and I bet a 280 or even late 270s Guardian could get there without too much hassle.

CoO and the Raid, yup. You're completely raid ready at 295.

I got up to Golgoroth with a group on tuesday, but I would really like to finish it this week, you up for it?

Any thoughts on the best way to grind for Treads Upon Stars?

• Select one of the quests on the director & run repeatedly? No strike bonuses, but i'll be doing strikes that have that reward more frequently
  • Normal strikes and go for a streak. Hope the streak benefits me when the actual strike comes up, which is 3/8 strikes
  • Heroic strikes for better rewards and pray that people don't quit on me?

LiK

the way Flakes are obtained is crap. vanilla style farming method is the only way to get them and it's always one per chest. they really want people to grind for those swords. I don't like the swords that much so i'll pass.

stb

Luke never said you wouldn't get duplicates of weapons. The loot system just keeps you progressing, the drops are still RNG. Not sure why people keep expecting it to drop exactly what they don't have.

This has been happening for like 10 months, ever since "smart loot 1.0" with the CE raid.

Getting a dupe = "smart loot my ass".

When people are SERIOUS about it, it's lazy and willfully ignorant. I'd like to think MOST folks here are saying it facetiously.

I feel like people have forgotten how real #forever29 was. MONTHS on end of being stuck there. It was never like that with CE, and it is pretty obvious it won't be like that for KF.

zewone

Thinking of just infusing my spindle into my 1000 Yard Stare to get 308. It'll save me an exotic slot so I'll get to use my Touch of Malice.

What do you guys recommend?
I infused mine into my Stillpiercer to make it 310.

I would do 1000 Yard Stare if I had one.

the way Flakes are obtained is crap. vanilla style farming method is the only way to get them and it's always one per chest. they really want people to grind for those swords. I don't like the swords that much so i'll pass.

You think 25 is bad? Wait until you have to grind 50 to advance a step for ToM and then even more to upgrade it once you get it.

Top Bottom