• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ikkarus

True.

But you can go back in this thread and find countless posts about people saying they got the exact same raid armor multiple times. Does that mean that everyone has just had back luck?
Luck can be like that. For all the people mentioning they got the exact same drops there will be people who got different drops. Those people would be typically less vocal too.

Sure it can be annoying but that's the way RNG goes. Heck, I've played Destiny from Day 1 and I only just got the Monte Carlo last week from a Three of Coins.

darthbob

Is there a different chest available for Titans?

I know Alpha Lupi is the only exotic chest you can get from an engram for Hunters.

Twilight Garrison should be available, I've seen it drop before. Armamentarium Year 2 is listed in Bungie's item DB but apparently it's not been made available yet.

realcZk

It took me quite a while to find a ghost shell upgrade, but finally got a blue to drop to infuse with, rockin that vanguard wormspore one atm.

Finally getting attached to my raid HC after some more playtime, the rolls help with that:

ciTefU7.png

stb

However, there does appear to be a cliff around 285 or so where you are much more likely to get a decryption that sucks compared to one that helps raise your light. Before that the odds seem to be in your favor giving false hope that things will continue until max light.

There do appear to be some flaws in the algorithm that result in troughs like that. I noticed them at ~275, ~285, and ~295, which seems to suggest some sort of "rounding" problem. Could be anecdotal, but I feel like if Bungie graphed all decodes/drops with player light level vs item attack/defense, they'd see a trend.

Ikkarus

You love Y2 because you get all the loot ;-)

Was a good run tonight, 1hr 45m was the quickest I've done it so far. It was also great to get my Titan through this new raid for the first time.
Haha - I'm still lacking a Telesto and a Hereafter so it's not gone all my way! I will confess my NF hauls this week were good. ;)

Yeah the raid went really smooth tonight, it's amazing how fast you can get through the parts when everyone gets what they're supposed to do.

True.

But you can go back in this thread and find countless posts about people saying they got the exact same raid armor multiple times. Does that mean that everyone has just had back luck?

Well for one, not everyone has said that. For two, you can't count multiple characters as getting dupes because the "smart loot system" probably only looks at that character's previous drops. If you got boots with each of your characters in 1 week, I don't count that as a single dupe and I don't think their system does, either.

I've heard quite a few complaints but not an overwhelming amount of people.

I raided the first time this past week with my first char, got 0 pieces of gear and I'm not mad at all. I'll raid this week and if I get 0 pieces again I won't be mad. Starting with the 3rd week, then maybe it'll start to get frustrating. But smart loot isn't to blame.

realcZk

Does anyone know if the Susanoo elemental modifier is bugged? I was under the impression from the description that it's supposed to change back to solar after a period of time but so far it's stuck on the last element I did damage with indefinitely, until death. I haven't tried reequipping it though.

Luke, thank you for your insightful posts. I have also been thinking about build, which is why I'm already chasing after a 2nd raid chest piece that gives me extra armor when using a void subclass over solar (but the solar one ain't bad).

One thing you haven't addressed yet so far, what is the deal with shaders not working on class items? Was this a decision on Bungie's part so everyone could be rocking Seahawks disgusting green and blue in the tower? You're a Colts fan Luke, how do you feel about this? I feel like if I am aiming for visuals with my gear I would want my Hunter cloak to match up color-wise.

stb

It also segments the community. Right now, we're all unified doing Normal mode. If Hard Mode came out at the same time, all the pros would immediately move there and it'd be much harder to get a group together to do the normal raid when the knowledge (and honestly, thumb skill) isn't there anymore.

That's a really good point.

And the cosmetic thing irks me because they had a chance to address the Transmogification request, but it wasn't implemented in the best way possible.

If someone wants to wear blue gear that's 310 light and less perks, they should have the option.

I agree on both accounts. Hopefully these are things they can address in patches.

The "can't infuse down" seems weird and arbitrary.

Infusing vs transmog vs cosmetic slots is interesting, and tricky. I *think* I'd just prefer cosmetic slots, or even just flagging an armor/ghost item on your character as the one to be displayed (except exotics).

zewone

Luke, thank you for your insightful posts. I have also been thinking about build, which is why I'm already chasing after a 2nd raid chest piece that gives me extra armor with using a void subclass over solar (but the solar one ain't bad).

One thing you haven't addressed yet so far, what is the deal with shaders not working on class items? Was this a decision on Bungie's part so everyone could be rocking Seahawks disgusting green and blue in the tower? You're a Colts fan Luke, how do you feel about this? I feel like if I am aiming for visuals with my gear I would want my Hunter cloak to match up color-wise.

You know what cloaks do change colors with shaders?

The awesome blue ones:

Lnkn52

Not stealth edit: I agree it's frustrating getting a Raid piece at 300, esp when you can roll yahtzee and get a 300 blue. I'll add that to my To-discuss list.

And this why I stick around. You might not get it right the first time but it will hopefully get fixed in due time.

Frostburn

I'd say the loot drops for gear from the raid has been much better, remember we're only the third week in and some of us took months and months to get one piece of gear from Vault of Glass or even Crota's End. I got the remaining pieces I needed from the raid today so now I'm just after a ghost above the 287 I have now. Starting to work on my Hunter and Titan alts and building optimal sets for my Warlock for each subclass.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
True.

I don't mean to be dismissive here but it means the people who had bad luck had bad luck. Some people also had good luck. I see people complaining on this page about their progression being stymied in their current scenario despite already having acquired a full raid armor set on a single character.

I think for most people, statistically speaking, they'll have had average luck. Not perfect, not horrible. Such that it's barely worth posting about, know what I mean?

I don't think I made any posts about my armor drops. On my Hunter I got just the cloak. On my Titan I got the boots and chest. On either character I can now hit a maximum of 299. But I know that if I melted my Titan's armor into my lower-level Hunter counterparts he'd break 300... I just don't feel a pressing need to do that. I'm just going to keep raiding; my Warlock is almost ready now as well and it's rather obvious to me from my runs so far that it's simply not necessary for me to break the 300 mark as soon as technically possible to be successful.

And I mean on that last note, please, bring on the duplicates. I need at least one of each raid piece for the nonsensical collector in me, but I really don't like any of them at all. I have pleeeeeenty of stuff I want to infuse up to 300+, though.

Tovarisc

I started fresh hunter and did all story stuff between waking up in Cosmodrome and being tasked to kill Oryx in mission Regicide. She is now sitting at doorstep of Regicide at level 30. That mission is too hard for me to do and there isn't relevant content within ~8 levels to my character that would help me to get more levels.

Interesting dead zone to hit by just doing what game feeds to you as you level up and progress story. Apparently I need grind bounties and PvP for days to get acceptable level so I can complete TTK campaign.

Trakan

Not stealth edit: I agree it's frustrating getting a Raid piece at 300, esp when you can roll yahtzee and get a 300 blue. I'll add that to my To-discuss list.

Can you please comment on moldering shards? I get it, it's a chance at additional items. It's pretty frustrating though to see my buddy zew get a helmet, gauntlets, and weapon from Oryx and I get a single ghost shell.

You know what cloaks do change colors with shaders?

The awesome blue ones:

Yes, the awesome zero light Y1 blue ones that are worthless to me besides to put on when I'm feeling a bit melancholy or I guess if I remember to before a Crucible match so I can look cool with no disadvantages.

Tovarisc

Can you please comment on moldering shards? I get it, it's a chance at additional items. It's pretty frustrating though to see my buddy zew get a helmet, gauntlets, and weapon from Oryx and I get a single ghost shell.

You got Ghost shell? I call that lucky, today I got shards from using 20 shards <.<

I started fresh hunter and did all story stuff between waking up in Cosmodrome and being tasked to kill Oryx in mission Regicide. She is now sitting at doorstep of Regicide at level 30. That mission is too hard for me to do and there isn't relevant content within ~8 levels to my character that would help me to get more levels.

Interesting dead zone to hit by just doing what game feeds to you as you level up and progress story. Apparently I need grind bounties and PvP for days to get acceptable level so I can complete TTK campaign.

Strikes are available to you. And there are lot of other quests surely? I mean I'm level 40 and still haven't finished all my quests.

Many of you guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of power progression. I think sometimes folks lose sight of that.

Ghost slot concerns me, too. I'll dig into it when I'm back at the office.

Yeah we are quite hardcore at times, like some us did 3x King's Fall raid in less than 4 hours at reset today :)

Glad to have you here engaging with us, and knowing that questions are getting answered and things looked into is all we want.

Looking forward to more insight from you and also uncovering other secrets that are yet to be discovered in the game *cough* sixth vault chest *cough*

It took me quite a while to find a ghost shell upgrade, but finally got a blue to drop to infuse with, rockin that vanguard wormspore one atm.

Finally getting attached to my raid HC after some more playtime, the rolls help with that:

mine is the "hip fire accuracy" ... it sucks.
took like 9 generations to reload, the good part is that i keeo switching between the raid shotgun and let it reload in my pocket, but trully sucks

Tovarisc

Strikes are available to you. And there are lot of other quests surely? I mean I'm level 40 and still haven't finished all my quests.

Quests open up as you progress story missions and completing Regicide would open a lots of them. Strike playlist is 20 aka waste of time / pure grind to get enough XP to get e.g. level 33. I kinda want level her up, but knowing I need to grind to get there instead of natural quest / mission progress is holding me back.

Edit: Checked her quests. PvP grind, low level strike one into which I always get matchmade solo, leveling up quests and Cayde's challenge for gunslinger. I guess I could do Challenge one.

LTWood12

Many of you guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of power progression. I think sometimes folks lose sight of that.

Ghost slot concerns me, too. I'll dig into it when I'm back at the office.

Here's what I'm doing (on all three of my characters):

My Gearing Goal:
Trying to get armor pieces with ideal stats/talents and crucially, visuals. If I can make a Raid piece work visually, great, otherwise, I'm using them as Infusion sources.

Slot Talent goals (prioritized):
Head: 1. Orbs trigger shield regen 2. inverse shadow equiv
Gloves: 1. scout rifle reloader
Chest: 1. Bonus Armor for X Subclass 2. Sniper Ammo 3. Scout Ammo
Boots: 1. HMG ammor 2. Sniper Ammo

For my Nightstalker, I'm trying to keep Str at 300 and everything else in Int because I want high uptime on Vanish or Smoke grenade, depending on what I pick.

Saw some dude in the Tower last night before bed with Int/Str Bog Wild, Scout/Sniper and Void Armor. Hunter was a Bladedancer and didn't know what found gold looks like.

For Strikes my Sunbreaker is 300 Str, but I want to start to build a different stat kit for Raiding because Melting point doesn't (for my roles within the group) have the usage, so it's kind of wasted stat points.

And all of this, I think it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway), is just for my own obsessive perfection on my characters. The game isn't balanced around this, I just want my kits set up well. >_<

Alt->PrtSc

Tapes to bathroom mirror

I don't mean to be dismissive here but it means the people who had bad luck had bad luck. Some people also had good luck. I see people complaining on this page about their progression being stymied in their current scenario despite already having acquired a full raid armor set on a single character.

I think for most people, statistically speaking, they'll have had average luck. Not perfect, not horrible. Such that it's barely worth posting about, know what I mean?

I don't think I made any posts about my armor drops. On my Hunter I got just the cloak. On my Titan I got the boots and chest. On either character I can now hit a maximum of 299. But I know that if I melted my Titan's armor into my lower-level Hunter counterparts he'd break 300... I just don't feel a pressing need to do that. I'm just going to keep raiding; my Warlock is almost ready now as well and it's rather obvious to me from my runs so far that it's simply not necessary for me to break the 300 mark as soon as technically possible to be successful.

And I mean on that last note, please, bring on the duplicates. I need at least one of each raid piece for the nonsensical collector in me, but I really don't like any of them at all. I have pleeeeeenty of stuff I want to infuse up to 300+, though.

That's where I'm at, though I do totally sympathize w/ DJRuth. getting the same drop 3 weeks in a row, and on all 3 characters, is some astronomically bad luck.

realcZk

mine is the "hip fire accuracy" ... it sucks.
took like 9 generations to reload, the good part is that i keeo switching between the raid shotgun and let it reload in my pocket, but trully sucks

yeah the slow reload was a turn-off at first, but cocoon helps make it bearable for me. i dig the fast rate of fire and high impact
grats on the raid shotgun, i definitely want to snag one of those

Kyoufu

For Strikes my Sunbreaker is 300 Str, but I want to start to build a different stat kit for Raiding because Melting point doesn't (for my roles within the group) have the usage, so it's kind of wasted stat points.

Indeed. Before the raid launched I figured that Melting Point would be the most valuable and powerful ability for bosses, however, it's just not feasible to use when chances are you're going to get smashed by either the boss itself or adds, etc. I understand the risk/reward intention but the risk is too high, making it something I rarely ever get to use in the raid or even some Strikes.

Instead, Nightstalkers give the same effect as Melting Point but from range at zero risk.

Top Bottom