• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

k1t4j

join up, we have a spot.

You are absolutely correct.

300 or 305 does not matter, we are however concerned about heroic raid which we expect to be 310 or higher, so would like to get gear that gets us to that level.

We would also like some clarification on how smart loot works? A couple of players have all 4 armor pieces in 2 weeks. Most others have been getting dupes of the same one armor piece after 3 weeks of raiding.

Time to explain?

Noooo, sorry dude I missed this and I don't have you on my friends list :(

Looking for a fresh raid group for the Fragments and to finish off Eris quest

Here's what I keep coming back to... today is the two-week anniversary of the release of TTK.

What's the appropriate amount of time for the most hardcore players to have hit a literal ceiling where there is no more progression to acquire and no more content to experience?

Is two weeks already too long? Will three weeks be? A month? Two entire months?

these two weeks have been really fun but I'm starting to get that feeling of running out of stuff to do.. I'm not in a hurry to log on anymore

a month would be great but i realize that would be harder to balance for people who don't have as much free time

Kyne

Wait. So if I keep getting exotic chest engrams I should probably stop decrypting them on my titan? Is that what I've learned from all this?

Baliis

I got a 310 Truth and a 290 Zhalo earlier.

Although I must admit the loot table has lowered in quality in Year 2 for the NF.

Mostly because all the cool weapons are from quests. If black spindle, touch of malice, and the exotic swords were all nightfall drops, people would care a lot more.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait. So if I keep getting exotic chest engrams I should probably stop decrypting them on my titan? Is that what I've learned from all this?
unless there's an alpha lupi roll you are particularly looking for. Same for Hunter too actually, lol.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Where did smart loot wordage come from anyway?

smith.gif

Nighte

Yes save them or use them on another class.can use it as infusion gear tho if you need the light.

Here's what I keep coming back to... today is the two-week anniversary of the release of TTK.

What's the appropriate amount of time for the most hardcore players to have hit a literal ceiling where there is no more progression to acquire and no more content to experience?

It's interesting this concept, I don't know why people have suddenly developed the belief that they should be getting different drops every time they run the raid. I know many people here have never played an Mmo before but I think having played many myself it gives me a greater appreciation for how goof Destiny's raid loot system is. The fact that everyone gets personal loot in itself is why I find raids so satisfying as it guarantees me that I will get something for my time, not just Xp and glimmer. Like the fact we have people already worrying about stats on there gear is incredible, in most mmos you could spend months just trying to get the right gear, not even worrying about the stats on it.

R0ckman

IMO, you couldn't be more wrong. You couldn't run into anyone not using a re-rolled shot package shotgun in any playlist.

The issue is HERE

Maybe you have terrible luck? I also don't notice too many things doing pvp 6 on 6. The only time I really saw issues with blink shot gun nuts was in 3 on 3.

Navy Bean

Ok, but it has to be the vanilla end-game cutscene. The one that's like 10 minutes long.

True story - I got two Rare material drops in a row and it's my biggest accomplishment in TTK. And I've beaten the raid twice. I should have received an emblem or shader.

Luck smuck. I made a fucking graph (that may or may not be 100% accurate, I'm not very good at math)

There are 11 exotic chest pieces in year 2. The last 8 chest engrams that I have decrypted have all been Alpha Lupis. The chances of that?

graph_zpsnnl2bszd.png

Look at where that 8 is.

Near impossible.

There's no way my luck is that bad. There's no way ANYONE's luck is that bad. I call bug.

That's for evenly distributed odds. Exotic Engrams are *heavily* weighted toward your class. There's only two Year 2 Titan chest pieces. And one of them I've only seen one person have at all. So the odds are effectively 100%.

stb

Luck smuck. I made a fucking graph (that may or may not be 100% accurate, I'm not very good at math)

There are 11 exotic chest pieces in year 2. The last 8 chest engrams that I have decrypted have all been Alpha Lupis. The chances of that?

graph_zpsnnl2bszd.png

Look at where that 8 is.

Near impossible.

There's no way my luck is that bad. There's no way ANYONE's luck is that bad. I call bug.

Assuming you're a Titan:

There's roughly a 66% chance it'll roll for your own class (I've heard and observed something close to this but don't have hard data to confirm). And Alpha Lupi is the only possible option.

The remaining 33% of the time you'll either get a Hunter piece (100% of it being the other Alpha Lupi) or a Warlock piece (4 possible options).

So your linear 1/11 odds don't match the current reality of Engram loot table possibilities. The remaining pieces will come from other sources, or the same sources at a later time as far as we can tell.

I was going to post similar as ocean. The problem with the linear odds is that we don't actually know the algorithm.

That isn't to say it COULDN'T be a bug, just that we're missing 1 of 2 key pieces that would almost it: a statistically relevant set of data or knowledge of the algorithm. But at the end of the day extremely low odds is still POSSIBLE.

EDIT: Also this:

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but it looks like there is only 1 Exotic Chest for Hunter/Titan. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mstpq/current_droppableengram_exotic_loot_table/

I talked about this yesterday on Gaming side too, but the chances of decrypting an exotic tied to your class is higher than another class. So as a hunter/titan you can expect a hunter/titan piece. The problem is, there is only one rollable chest on hunter/titan and that's Crest of Alpha Lupi. Did anyone else get any other chest as a hunter/titan when farming Draksis that one weekend? It looks like some exotics are tied to nightfalls/drops now too.

I'm 99% of 99% sure Twilight Garrison is still locked because no one else has it, and that video is beta footage of it.

But I see you've acked that. Nevermind. Nothing to see here. Just editing my post to close the loop.

Namikaze1

I ranked up Eris and she ain't giving me shit. No marker or anything saying to go to her either. I know I ranked up on her cause the bounty I had that gave me rep points towards Crota's Bane gave me 500. I'm currently at 260 out of 3000. I haven't went to her at all today on my Titan (that's the one who ranked up). Talking to her right now doesn't give me anything. Dammit, Eris! I want my package!

g23

European pre-madonna
Where do you guys go to look for groups for raids/nightfalls?

I've heard of LFG websites that cater to these. Of course i'd rather party with GAF members :)

The raid has only been out for 11 whole days haha. Other than Ruthless, I don't know anyone who got the exact same thing 3x in a row. Hopefully the drops were at least 305+ and 1 of them a 310. Infuse your exotics or wait for better legendary to Infuse. Pretty easy.

Dupes back to back weeks, sure. That's way in the realm of possibility.

The raid has only been out for 11 whole days haha. Other than Ruthless, I don't know anyone who got the exact same thing 3x in a row. Hopefully the drops were at least 305+ and 1 of them a 310.

3 gauntlets in a row! At least I could infuse one of them tho.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The raid has only been out for 11 whole days haha. Other than Ruthless, I don't know anyone who got the exact same thing 3x in a row. Hopefully the drops were at least 305+ and 1 of them a 310. Infuse your exotics or wait for better legendary to Infuse. Pretty easy.

Especially when things are probably weighted differently. Man some of you getting dupes, let's play some craps lol

Unstable

The issue is HERE

Maybe you have terrible luck? I also don't notice too many things doing pvp 6 on 6. The only time I really saw issues with blink shot gun nuts was in 3 on 3.

Speaking as someone who has probably played more PvP matches than anyone ever should. Rerolling sucked. It became the rule, not the exception that your opponents had God-Tier shotguns/snipers. That created a meta that was super samey and very very boring.

Man rerolling really sucked.

JTripper

What do you guys use your legendary marks on? I find little to no use for them now that I'm over light 300. Should I just buy a legendary engram?

Speaking as someone who has probably played more PvP matches than anyone ever should. Rerolling sucked. It became the rule, not the exception that your opponents had God-Tier shotguns/snipers. That created a meta that was super samey and very very boring.

Man rerolling really sucked.

Yup, I made the same argument way back when before I quit House of Wolves. Rerolling was awful and toxic to the game because it encouraged spending time rerolling for the perfect 'roll' and it ruined getting new loot.

LTWood12

Where do you guys go to look for groups for raids/nightfalls?

I've heard of LFG websites that cater to these. Of course i'd rather party with GAF members :)

The best advice I can give is to call out an activity on here that you're doing or wanting to start up. So for Nightfalls I would post something like:

"starting the nightfall. 2 spots open. Send me an FR or just join."

Raids are a little trickier but I would say something like:

"starting a fresh Kings Fall as soon as we have six. Would love at least a couple of people who've done it before. 293+ please"

1. LTWood12
2.T-44

Yup, I made the same argument way back when before I quit House of Wolves. Rerolling was awful and toxic to the game because it encouraged spending time rerolling for the perfect 'roll' and it ruined getting new loot.
Made that same argument as well. Sucks that shotguns still rule the coup.

R0ckman

I'm under the assumption that the material farming quest part of the exotic sword quest was not meant to be done in condensed play sessions.

I will probably never detail investment and reward systems, but "smart loot" isn't the right term (I think this is the first time I've even said it, and it shouldn't have ever been used because it sets a bunch of expectations in ways the game simply isn't going to meet) and it isn't a catch-all for every piece of gear that drops.

As for your anecdotal evidence re: Raid Drops. Yep, some people got lucky some people didn't.
  • What I will say is, if you got a helmet in the first or second week, luck was truly on your side.
Exotic Engrams don't have a lot they can roll from (e.g. Hunter chests), so you're going to naturally see more duplicates. Most of the new weapons are found through quests, not through Exotics or Three of Coin Engrams.

I got a titan helmet the first time i raided with him :O

I have never been this lucky in my life in anything then wow.

Top Bottom