• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

LTWood12

I ranked up Eris and she ain't giving me shit. No marker or anything saying to go to her either. I know I ranked up on her cause the bounty I had that gave me rep points towards Crota's Bane gave me 500. I'm currently at 260 out of 3000. I haven't went to her at all today on my Titan (that's the one who ranked up). Talking to her right now doesn't give me anything. Dammit, Eris! I want my package!

That really sucks! Wondering if it's a bug like when you can't advance a quest sometimes so you have to go to orbit and come back?

Thanks for letting me join in at the end of the daily this morning. Last night I was wanting to do Draksis daily before bed. found someone doing scourge of winter on my friends list and joined up. They were at the boss room, but looking at their gear. no mic. I ran in and killed Draksis. No marks.

Turns out it wasn't the daily, he was farming for exotics. I felt pretty bad to screwing his checkpoint.

The best advice I can give is to call out an activity on here that you're doing or wanting to start up. So for Nightfalls I would post something like:

"starting the nightfall. 2 spots open. Send me an FR or just join."

Raids are a little trickier but I would say something like:

"starting a fresh Kings Fall as soon as we have six. Would love at least a couple of people who've done it before. 293+ please"

1. LTWood12
2.T-44

I did the raid in pieces so never full. I am 294 Hunter, and I have the helmet to help stagger
Oryx
with one golden gun shot. Let me know if you will have me. I have to run downstairs to grab dinner but I should be available for whenever we start.

Also if you guys don't mind showing me where the chest and fragments are--since the times I did it every group wanted to rush pass that. .

flkraven

I'm under the assumption that the material farming quest part of the exotic sword quest was not meant to be done in condensed play sessions.

The problem is though that they make pseudo deadlines with Armsday. So sure, I can farm the matts organically, but if I don't do it tonight I won't get it done for another week+

LTWood12

I ranked up Eris and she ain't giving me shit. No marker or anything saying to go to her either. I know I ranked up on her cause the bounty I had that gave me rep points towards Crota's Bane gave me 500. I'm currently at 260 out of 3000. I haven't went to her at all today on my Titan (that's the one who ranked up). Talking to her right now doesn't give me anything. Dammit, Eris! I want my package!

I did the raid in pieces so never full. I am 294 Hunter, and I have the helmet to help stagger
Oryx
with one golden gun shot. Let me know if you will have me. I have to run downstairs to grab dinner but I should be available for whenever we start.

Also if you guys don't mind showing me where the chest and fragments are--since the times I did it every group wanted to rush pass that. .

I was posting this as an example of how to find people to raid with. Not actually raiding right now :(

Unstable

Yup, I made the same argument way back when before I quit House of Wolves. Rerolling was awful and toxic to the game because it encouraged spending time rerolling for the perfect 'roll' and it ruined getting new loot.

Exactly. You didn't just want a good roll, you needed a god-tier roll to compete, and it made every piece of loot either a unexciting mote of light, or a future chore that must be rerolled to become useful.

My Gearing Goal:
Trying to get armor pieces with ideal stats/talents and crucially, visuals. If I can make a Raid piece work visually, great, otherwise, I'm using them as Infusion sources.
This is surprising to read. I play the same way - I want to look cool, and I value that over stats. I don't mind having to work a little harder in combat if it means I can wear the pieces of armor that match and look cool.

However, the fact that year 1 gear is not infusable means we're missing out on hundreds of pieces of awesome-looking gear. I was so happy that HoW allowed us to ascend old, shitty gear to max levels. I could finally don a full vanilla New Monarchy titan set. Now, in year 2, that badass-looking set is just sitting in my vault while Executor Hideo is trying to sell me some new hideous-looking titan armor.

What happened to Bungie hyping us just a few months ago that we'd get to wear VoG armor, if that's what we like, and still be at max power after ascending everything? I realize Bungie wanted to make a clear cut between year 1 and year 2, but I was always hoping armor would be an exception.

Transmogrification was one of the coolest features added to World of Warcraft. Bungie finally set up something like that in the form of ascending, but it went away in year 2. What gives?

How do you get alts to raid ready?

I got two alts in waiting and some people say you can do it in 2 hours. Do I just go through the story and farm strikes?

Mrgamer

Oryx

Psn v1br4t1ons l298

Kyoufu

I got two alts in waiting and some people say you can do it in 2 hours. Do I just go through the story and farm strikes?

Give your alts legendary engrams and have them decode them. Then use your main's high level blues to infuse those legendaries.

Also, Luke, if you could give whomever was in charge of the exotic sword quest a stern talking to. Perhaps, make them farm Spinmetal for 4 hours or so.

That is all.

This. Look into a nerf of that quest pls. Getting an exotic sword is hard in the worst possible way.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

engrams drop according to your level

1. Equip high level weapons, and ghost from mains

2. Take any undecryped engrams from mains

3. Decrypt on alt (note: decrypt slowly. If you get gear that's hire than what you currently have equipped equip that higher gear as you decrypt to roll higher gear)

4. Take any dupes/trash blues from mains and use them for infusion fodder on purples

5. Play strikes and decrypt more shit

6. ???

7. Profit

rc213

Finish Story, Grab one calcified fragment, get CoO quest for 300 light class item. Move gear hoarded from main to alts. 280ish in hours.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'd be down on my Hunter alt, will bring my Warlock's weapons including ToM.

Okay, let's get a 7pm EST raid group going!

1. me
2. Frostburn

Anyone else interested? If you responded to my original post, sorry, I wasn't following the thread for a few pages, so please just respond here.

jschreier

What I will say is, if you got a helmet in the first or second week, luck was truly on your side.
CPzJanRVEAAS6yW.jpg

Yes.

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but it looks like there is only 1 Exotic Chest for Hunter/Titan. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3mstpq/current_droppableengram_exotic_loot_table/

I talked about this yesterday on Gaming side too, but the chances of decrypting an exotic tied to your class is higher than another class. So as a hunter/titan you can expect a hunter/titan piece. The problem is, there is only one rollable chest on hunter/titan and that's Crest of Alpha Lupi. Did anyone else get any other chest as a hunter/titan when farming Draksis that one weekend? It looks like some exotics are tied to nightfalls/drops now too.

I'm 99% of 99% sure Twilight Garrison is still locked because no one else has it, and that video is beta footage of it.

So I should've decrypted all those helmet engrams I bought from Xur on my Warlock for a better chance at the Graviton Forfeit? Dammit.

Oh man Luke was in here during my hour long meeting :(

Also, super jealous of anyone that got the Warlock helmet. Hopefully my raids tonight yield some smart loot.

Edit: based on Luke's comment I can expect to not get said helmet tonight. Curses! Where are you luck?!

LTWood12

Hey Luke, what's the design theme for King's.... never mind.

Warpriest
-Stand in the shadow boyz

Golgoroth
-Wait for you sherpa to come back from being kicked to orbit.

Sisters
-Look like an idiot by falling through geometry when your number gets called.

Oryx
-Fear failure when your sherpa leaves. Experience redemption when another Sherpa helps you get it done.

Exotic selection on my Hunter is so limited right now. :( Running with the Sealed Ahamkara's Clasps, that double melee is cool. Still miss my Bones of Eao.

Not really feeling Nightstalker right now, though.

• Collect a full thing of bounties on the character.
  • Unlock subclass
  • (Optional) Pop-redbull code
  • Cash in bounties
  • Do whatever else you need to get to 40
  • Transfer encrypted engrams to your alt
  • Transfer & equip weapons and ghost to your alt
  • Decrypt engrams on your alt one at a time, equipping highest light items
  • If you have a legendary in that slot, use blues decrypted on your main to infuse & boost light
  • Equip the Year 2 exotic you bought from Xur
  • Consider buying a leg egram from Rahool for a slot if you need it.
  • Repeat transferring, and decrypting til success.

Namikaze1

That really sucks! Wondering if it's a bug like when you can't advance a quest sometimes so you have to go to orbit and come back?

Thanks for letting me join in at the end of the daily this morning. Last night I was wanting to do Draksis daily before bed. found someone doing scourge of winter on my friends list and joined up. They were at the boss room, but looking at their gear. no mic. I ran in and killed Draksis. No marks.

Turns out it wasn't the daily, he was farming for exotics. I felt pretty bad to screwing his checkpoint.
No problem. :)

If you ever see me doing daily, just hop in. Doesn't bother me at all. Only do those for the marks.

Speaking of which, I need to decide what to spend them on. Close to hitting the cap.

Ozone

1. me
2. Frostburn

Anyone else interested? If you responded to my original post, sorry, I wasn't following the thread for a few pages, so please just respond here.
ID: Ozone31

I've done up to
the totems
in the past, and I've nearly taken down
Oryx
. Just gotta fill me in on the stuff in the middle!

1. me
2. Frostburn

Yo I'm down, PSN: Darryl_M_R Hunter, 294-5 light depending on gear. I would like if we point out the chests and fragments along the way

Whoyouare

1. me
2. Frostburn

I'm down as long as I can get my son to bed at 6:50. 299 hunter.

I've got the counter clockwise stuff down lol!

Psn: manicstreet

Warpriest
-Stand in the shadow boyz

Golgoroth
-Wait for you sherpa to come back from being kicked to orbit.

Sisters
-Look like an idiot by falling through geometry when your number gets called.

Oryx
-Fear failure when your sherpa leaves. Experience redemption when another Sherpa helps you get it done.

Worst Part of the sisters jumping part, you think your going to make it every time

"Oh rob got it, just wipe"

You can do it in 20 minutes if you have saved bounties:

1.) Get your character to Lv40. Pop a Focused Light and turn in a bunch of bounties/public event packages if you can. Otherwise just play the story missions and do bounties. Get your new subclass ASAP so you can start putting all XP into that.

2.) Transfer your highest light weapons and Ghost from your main, along with any armor engrams. Especially Legendary armor engrams!! These are very useful.

3.) Decrypt one engram at a time. It will be much higher light than the 170 or whatever you currently have. Equip that, then decrypt another of a different armor type. So do one helmet, then a gauntlets, a chest, a boots, and a class item. Hopefully you get lucky with an Artifact, if not then do the Court of Oryx quest line as soon as possible.

4.) Rank up faction packages to try and get legendary armor to infuse. Buy any legendary armor you can if you have the marks and especially if you have any high light blues you can infuse.

5.) With a little luck and a lot of engrams you can easily hit 280+ which is plenty for the raid with a decent group, at least until Oryx.

Frostburn

I got a titan helmet the first time i raided with him :O

I have never been this lucky in my life in anything then wow.

I went from Crota's End forever 33 because I was missing a piece of raid gear up until 2 weeks AFTER HM came out and I was clearing the raid every week since the first.

To getting the Warlock helm from King's Fall final boss on my first or second clear.

Generally my luck has been average to crap (Day 1 player that didn't get my first ghorn till 3 days before Xur sold it this summer). However I have been lucky at times, overall the only gear chases that sucked were being stuck at 29 and then being stuck at 33. Now I'm just stuck with a crappy ghost but honestly King's Fall is more about execution and communication then gear outside of having a decent weapon load out.

I did it in about 2.5 hours.

Assuming you have 75+ legendary marks from main, and an exotic gear from Xur you saved up for your alt, and your alt is L34:

0) Transfer 170 or 180 Ghost
1) I grabbed all the bounties for the day first.
2) I completed the TTK main quest/story.
2.1) I saved every blue engram I got from the story.
3) Story ended at me being about 39.25 so...
3.1) Turn in any PvE bounties completed
3.2) If still short, I play a crucible match or 2, taking consideration what bounties I have and the easiest ones to complete. Turn in those bounties and profit!
4) Equip exotic gear, all mains guns and shell. Buy a piece of legendary gear with marks that isn't your exotic.
5) Hold off on collecting Artifact and play the decryption game!!! Decrypt all blues first. Then legendaries if you have. Each time you decrypt one item, check if it's higher light than current and equip of so. Repeat. Personally I start with the type of gear/weapon that's the lowest light for me and work my way up
6) Infuse current gear with your Main's extra Blues for a bigger bump

That put me at about 282 without infuse. I then did the nightfall and dailies and whatnot. It's pretty close to raid ready so I infused to get to 292

Top Bottom