• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Okay, let's get a 7pm EST raid group going!

1. me
2. Frostburn

Anyone else interested? If you responded to my original post, sorry, I wasn't following the thread for a few pages, so please just respond here.

I can join but I may not make 7pm, more likely 7:30. Haven't finished the raid yet but I finished up to the Daughters last week. I'm 297 on my Hunter.

If you find someone before then that's fine.

psn: kreepmode

edit: I should be able to make 7pm now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Exactly. You didn't just want a good roll, you needed a god-tier roll to compete, and it made every piece of loot either a unexciting mote of light, or a future chore that must be rerolled to become useful.
A point I don't see brought up all that often is that while the hardcore or at least the motivated would indeed spend quite a lot of time and weapon parts getting true god-tier rolls... it was trivially easy to get a not-quite-but-almost-there roll with just a few tries. I never spent time trying to get literally perfect rolls on anything, but I rolled three or four times and got a Felwinter's with Shot Package and Aggressive Ballistics and called it a day. Didn't even care what the other perk was at that point...

And ultimately that's what got Crucible into the state it's in. Edge cases became the norm; the edge cases of those edge cases were in the hands of those who wanted them, and the normal was skewed beyond recognition. What's weird is that the patch notes totally nailed this on the head... but the actual changes to the super high range/high impact shotguns seemed modest at best. And now there are new ones...

GutZ31

To PS4 DGAF.

Tomorrow, the PS4 will be getting an update with community features to allow for large groups to engage with each other.
This feature was tested during the 3.00 firmware Beta, and has shown its self to be quite promising. Currently for the Beta testers, all community functions are offline, and no pre-planning/purging can occur. When the update goes live, I will most likely make a new group for Destiny Gaf to join.
To join, you will need some form of identification to be allowed to join. Most that post regularly I expect to have no issues getting in, but for those new, or less inclined to post/friend with others will be asked to PM a Mod, or myself for passage.

PM's should reflect your needs in the subject, and your PSN should be in the message for confirmation.
An example of a proper PM may look something like this.
Requesting DGAF Community Invite said:
PSN: Name
GAF: Name
Your Gaf name is not going to be needed obviously, but please put your PSN at least.
Also, we will not be accepting friends of Gaffers for now, only DGaf members.
This may change if enough people wish for it. For now, it will be locked.

Any questions regarding Mod status, or anything else, feel free to PM me here, or on PSN: GutZ31

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm down as long as I can get my son to bed at 6:50. 299 hunter.

I've got the counter clockwise stuff down lol!

Psn: manicstreet

Yo I'm down, PSN: Darryl_M_R Hunter, 294-5 light depending on gear. I would like if we point out the chests and fragments along the way

ID: Ozone31

I've done up to
the totems
in the past, and I've nearly taken down
Oryx
. Just gotta fill me in on the stuff in the middle!

1. me
2. Frostburn
3. Ozone
4. Darryl
5. Manic

One more spot. Darryl we can get all the fragments and chests if you need, no worries.

Haha, yeah that pressure of being "picked".
and those snarky platforms not evenly spaced...

That really is the worst part.
With all of the screen effects, it's hard to judge the distance. I almost over shoot one, so I pull back a bit on the next and fall short.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Why would you need to have them all? That theory is so zaney. It specifically tells you to turn them to the gunsmith and that's fucked up if there was no forewarning to complete the quest. I still maintain you need to turn them all in and we're missing a piece to actually start the quest.

shermas

I had one in my inventory (mission) and I couldn't pick up a 2nd one... It went to the postmaster and I had to turn one in before I could get the other one from the postmaster.

edit: bc of the below post... maybe I had two in my inventory already?

I haven't had one drop for me in over a week, too. I was getting them about once every day or two right after the expansion came out.

I had one in my inventory (mission) and I couldn't pick up a 2nd one... It went to the postmaster and I had to turn one in before I could get the other one from the postmaster.

I haven't had one drop for me in over a week, too. I was getting them about once every day or two right after the expansion came out.

Well there ya go jason. Conspiracy debunked:)

zewone

The issue is HERE

Maybe you have terrible luck? I also don't notice too many things doing pvp 6 on 6. The only time I really saw issues with blink shot gun nuts was in 3 on 3.

Those numbers don't mean jack because it's counting the amount of users who have booted Destiny but doesn't play much or quit.

If we're talking strictly active users in Crucible, it's close to impossible to not run into a God-roll guns.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Well there ya go jason. Conspiracy debunked:)
It was a crazy theory anyways. Just like the cult ghost thing being an intentional glitch to the vault of glass chest. I'm sure bungie likes their secrets and difficult time sink quests, but I don't think they intentionally try to make things unfair to the playerbase.

GlamFM

Banned
Thanks for the run guys. Quite interesting. I learned something fun today with all of you.

If it wasn´t for me fucking up EVERY DAMN jumping section we could have been much faster.

Fun run. My best one so far.

New
Golgoroth
tactic is muuuuuuuuch better.

zewone

• What I will say is, if you got a helmet in the first or second week, luck was truly on your side.

100% positive I was the first person to get full Hunter raid gear in TTK.

a6icgUz.jpg

SheHateMe

Yeah has anyone tried talking to the Gunsmith with all four DVARIN relics in their inventory? Rather than just dismantling them right away.

I got 2, trying to get the other two.

You might be on to something, Jason.

Meanwhile, I'm at 182 Legendary Marks... what to spend them on, I wonder?

rNilla

HMM. I still think there's something strange about the process of turning them in. The timer is just as long as it is for dismantling gear! Why would they make it that way if not to give you a chance to reconsider?

It is strange. I had pretty much the same thought you wrote in your article. Maybe it's a red herring? Bug?

Yeah has anyone tried talking to the Gunsmith with all four DVARIN relics in their inventory? Rather than just dismantling them right away.

Don't think it would be that complicated, as they don't drop again so majority of people would have messed up their chances of it if that was the case. Those are also Dark Age Relics, where as Golden Age Relics are required. I think it was 50 the interview said? Could be mistaken.

100% positive I was the first person to get full Hunter raid gear in TTK.

While I'm happy for you, that gear is ugly as sin. Jeez.

It is strange. I had pretty much the same thought you wrote in your article. Maybe it's a red herring? Bug?

Considering there's a bug with one of the vendor weapons that can crash your game, this being another bug doesn't seem very far-fetched.

Sleeper Simulant probably needs some kind of trigger. May be another daily.

Everytime Luke posts something, I'm waiting for this question to pop up xD

lol after failing 4x on that one I guess I should take the hint. Maybe someday my luck will change...

Warpriest
-Stand in the shadow boyz

Golgoroth
-Wait for you sherpa to come back from being kicked to orbit.

Sisters
-Look like an idiot by falling through geometry when your number gets called.

Oryx
-Fear failure when your sherpa leaves. Experience redemption when another Sherpa helps you get it done.

These are some really OP encounter strats dude, you should spoiler tag them or else everyone will beat the raid no problem (Kappa).

Still sad about all our connection issues in that raid. Nothing worse to me than having to leave before the job is done. Hopefully I'll be around on Friday for a full run. Once people are familiar with it, KF only takes 1-1.5 hours to clear.

Shito

HMM. I still think there's something strange about the process of turning them in. The timer is just as long as it is for dismantling gear! Why would they make it that way if not to give you a chance to reconsider?
Maybe because they are legendary items, and legendary items are all coded with that timer?
Are there any other legendaries you can turn in like that?

To me it clear you are supposed to give them to the gunsmith, there's no doubt about that, and since they don't drop after the fourth one for the moment it would screw so many people.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm thinking that the relics are tied to a Rasputin mission for the daily or possibly the saber strike as the nightfall. It's obvious that you don't need to hold all four for the simulant since you can only hold two. I think it just involves turning them all in and figuring out the last piece to the puzzle.

I was worried about that with the first one I turned in. I was like why is this taking so long? should I be doing this? hopefully we will find out tomorrow if there is anything special going on because a lot of people are going to hit gunsmith rank 4 tomorrow. we shall see

I'm thinking that the relics are tied to a Rasputin mission for the daily or possibly the saber strike as the nightfall

its got to be sleeper Simulant! those relics are fusion rifles after all, and they look like pocket infinity which was made by the man himself!

I want the Stranger to play a big roll in the next expansion and for Rasputin to be the next raid boss. with name like that, how can he not be a villian

LTWood12

lol after failing 4x on that one I guess I should take the hint. Maybe someday my luck will change...

These are some really OP encounter strats dude, you should spoiler tag them or else everyone will beat the raid no problem (Kappa).

Still sad about all our connection issues in that raid. Nothing worse to me than having to leave before the job is done. Hopefully I'll be around on Friday for a full run. Once people are familiar with it, KF only takes 1-1.5 hours to clear.

No worries man. RL life happens. I know that as well as anyone. Not sure what the connection problem was, but it stopped once we made you host, so we'll just plan on starting that way Friday night. Thanks again for your help man.

Top Bottom