• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I can make 7pm now. Count me in.

psn: kreepmode

1. me
2. Frostburn
3. Ozone
4. Darryl
5. Manic
6. kreepmode

Okay, that's 6. We will start 7 pm EST (a few minutes late is fine, kreep). My PSN is Tigerheli. If we aren't already friends, please add me. Id' add you but I'm still at work!

Shito

I was worried about that with the first one I turned in. I was like why is this taking so long? should I be doing this? hopefully we will find out tomorrow if there is anything special going on because a lot of people are going to hit gunsmith rank 4 tomorrow. we shall see
I think someone here on GAF already hit rank 4, and I would have as well if I did all the crucible bounty weapons but one.
there's no quest at rank 4... Maybe 5? 10?

GlamFM

Banned
Maybe because they are legendary items, and legendary items are all coded with that timer?
Are there any other legendaries you can turn in like that?

To me it clear you are supposed to give them to the gunsmith, there's no doubt about that, and since they don't drop after the fourth one for the moment it would screw so many people.

I´ve come to the conclusion that we are chasing something that just isn´t there yet.

I´m sure we´re not gonna miss it once it happens.

Maybe the hard Raid will also bring new quests to the game.

I sleep much better now.

rc213

1. me
2. Frostburn
3. Ozone
4. Darryl
5. Manic

One more spot. Darryl we can get all the fragments and chests if you need, no worries.

If you have a spot I have a 300 light Titan looking to do raid Second time. Got the basics of the mechanics down i hope.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the gunsmith relics aren't just a random series of letters and numbers...
They probably aren't. I mean look at the black hammer relic. That wasn't a random thing either. It actually describes the door we need to go through to enter the ketch.

Lnkn52

I´ve come to the conclusion that we are chasing something that just isn´t there yet.

I´m sure we´re not gonna miss it once it happens.

Maybe the hard Raid will also bring new quests to the game.

I sleep much better now.
It has to be such as the Crux.

To PS4 DGAF.

Tomorrow, the PS4 will be getting an update with community features to allow for large groups to engage with each other.
This feature was tested during the 3.00 firmware Beta, and has shown its self to be quite promising. Currently for the Beta testers, all community functions are offline, and no pre-planning/purging can occur. When the update goes live, I will most likely make a new group for Destiny Gaf to join.
To join, you will need some form of identification to be allowed to join. Most that post regularly I expect to have no issues getting in, but for those new, or less inclined to post/friend with others will be asked to PM a Mod, or myself for passage.

PM's should reflect your needs in the subject, and your PSN should be in the message for confirmation.
An example of a proper PM may look something like this.

Your Gaf name is not going to be needed obviously, but please put your PSN at least.
Also, we will not be accepting friends of Gaffers for now, only DGaf members.
This may change if enough people wish for it. For now, it will be locked.

Any questions regarding Mod status, or anything else, feel free to PM me here, or on PSN: GutZ31
Gonna mod me up again if you make a new group?

This is surprising to read. I play the same way - I want to look cool, and I value that over stats. I don't mind having to work a little harder in combat if it means I can wear the pieces of armor that match and look cool.

However, the fact that year 1 gear is not infusable means we're missing out on hundreds of pieces of awesome-looking gear. I was so happy that HoW allowed us to ascend old, shitty gear to max levels. I could finally don a full vanilla New Monarchy titan set. Now, in year 2, that badass-looking set is just sitting in my vault while Executor Hideo is trying to sell me some new hideous-looking titan armor.

What happened to Bungie hyping us just a few months ago that we'd get to wear VoG armor, if that's what we like, and still be at max power after ascending everything? I realize Bungie wanted to make a clear cut between year 1 and year 2, but I was always hoping armor would be an exception.

Transmogrification was one of the coolest features added to World of Warcraft. Bungie finally set up something like that in the form of ascending, but it went away in year 2. What gives?

The old perks are OP compared to the new perks. For example, look at all the new extra ammo perks. Carry extra rocket ammo, carry extra shot gun ammo, etc. No more carry extra heavy weapon ammo.

So basically, if you could infuse all the VoG gear, there would be no reason not to because all the perks on that old gear would beat out the new gear.

zewone

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the gunsmith relics aren't just a random series of letters and numbers...

"However, in order to unlock the gun, players first have to collect relics of the Golden Age which have been scattered across the various locations of Destiny. After players bring these pieces back to Banshee-44 (the Tower's gunsmith), the ancient artifacts trigger a memory in the ancient Exo gunsmith, and he will invite players on an odyssey to repair and reactivate one of the Taken King's most striking exotics."

From a Game Informer article regarding Sleeper Simulant.

yu2Kh49.png

Gotta dip out. I have class. Thanks for the games though.

Werd

Thanks for the run guys. Quite interesting. I learned something fun today with all of you.

Yeah that was fun. Most of the wipes were just from people doing it differently than their previous run and just taking a couple attempts to adjust.

100% positive I was the first person to get full Hunter raid gear in TTK.

My male Titan looks like a monstrosity compared to this.

Strider

I have no idea what features come with the communities/psn 3.0 update I just hope it's as awesome as I'm making it out to be in my head...

flkraven

"However, in order to unlock the gun, players first have to collect relics of the Golden Age which have been scattered across the various locations of Destiny. After players bring these pieces back to Banshee-44 (the Tower's gunsmith), the ancient artifacts trigger a memory in the ancient Exo gunsmith, and he will invite players on an odyssey to repair and reactivate one of the Taken King's most striking exotics."

From a Game Informer article.

I can Google it when I get home but if someone posts the relic names we can start seeing if they are a code.

EloquentM

aka Mannny

well, there it is.

Kyne

Unstable

Serious talk. When are we going to stop spoiler-tagging raid discussions? I think, at this point, it's getting difficult to openly discuss the game.

So it's true then. Why have people been looking elsewhere?

Shito

Serious talk. When are we going to stop spoiler-tagging raid discussions? I think, at this point, it's getting difficult to openly discuss the game.
It was decided we should do this until next OT.
I agree it's getting hard to even remember to put those spoiler tags, though. ^^

Hey man! Not everyone knows that
Oryx
is in the raid! or that it takes place in the
Dreadnought!
Or that you have to use
guns
to
kill
most of the
bosses!

....Until new OT I think.

GlamFM

Banned

Now? Reddit lifted there ban yesterday.

Raid loot tonight, in order

Shards
Machine gun +2 light on one I had
Chest -308
Shards
Scout 306, Boots 303 and shards (used the 20 thing)

Hunter and Warlock are now 301, Titan is 298 without raiding

Top Bottom