• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Serious talk. When are we going to stop spoiler-tagging raid discussions? I think, at this point, it's getting difficult to openly discuss the game.

Serious talk: we've had this serious talk like 10x. Are we in party chat? Can anyone hear me? Is ZW asleep?

2 weeks since the raid's launch or next OT, whichever comes first. At this rate they should happen around the same time, on Friday.

Serious talk. When are we going to stop spoiler-tagging raid discussions? I think, at this point, it's getting difficult to openly discuss the game.

Thought we decided upon 2 weeks from when it launched. Probably could do it now though, considering a vast majority of frequent posters have run it.

Lnkn52

Serious talk: we've had this serious talk like 10x. Are we in party chat? Can anyone hear me? Is ZW asleep?

2 weeks since the raid's launch or next OT, whichever comes first. At this rate they should happen around the same time, on Friday.
You forget, he needs to post a video about it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dvalinn is a dwarf who appears in several Old Norse tales and kennings. The name translates as "the dormant one" or "the one slumbering" (akin to the Danish and Norwegian "dvale" and Swedish "dvala", meaning "sleep", "unconscious condition" or "hibernation
neat.

GutZ31

To PS4 DGAF.

Tomorrow, the PS4 will be getting an update with community features to allow for large groups to engage with each other.
This feature was tested during the 3.00 firmware Beta, and has shown its self to be quite promising. Currently for the Beta testers, all community functions are offline, and no pre-planning/purging can occur. When the update goes live, I will most likely make a new group for Destiny Gaf to join.
To join, you will need some form of identification to be allowed to join. Most that post regularly I expect to have no issues getting in, but for those new, or less inclined to post/friend with others will be asked to PM a Mod, or myself for passage.

PM's should reflect your needs in the subject, and your PSN should be in the message for confirmation.
An example of a proper PM may look something like this.
Requesting DGAF Community Invite said:
PSN: Name
GAF: Name

Your Gaf name is not going to be needed obviously, but please put your PSN at least.
Also, we will not be accepting friends of Gaffers for now, only DGaf members.
This may change if enough people wish for it. For now, it will be locked.

Any questions regarding Mod status, or anything else, feel free to PM me here, or on PSN: GutZ31

Posting for new page.
I am getting plenty of requests from you all. As for those that have asked for Mod status; You will receive a message on PSN or Gaf to confirm after the firmware has gone live for everyone.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is Gunslinger pointless for PVE? My super doesn't always kill yellow bars. Should I use my Nighthawk with 6x damage 1 shot with explosion on groups or hard enemies? I dont like using the Bow.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Now? Reddit lifted there ban yesterday.

Raid loot tonight, in order

Shards
Machine gun +2 light on one I had
Chest -308
Shards
Scout 306, Boots 303 and shards (used the 20 thing)
Think it was supposed to be 2 weeks from raid opens or next OT.

Also have another awesome image of my awesome photoshop
paint
skills.

eVtwH5s.png

Godspeed Guardians.

Shito

Is Gunslinger pointless for PVE? My super doesn't always kill yellow bars. Should I use my Hawkman with 6x damage 1 shot with explosion on groups or hard enemies? I dont like using the Bow.
You really should be using the bow.
If you just want to kill *one* major then the celestial nighthawk is good.
But really, nightstalker is the new thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Is Gunslinger pointless for PVE? My super doesn't always kill yellow bars. Should I use my Nighthawk with 6x damage 1 shot with explosion on groups or hard enemies? I dont like using the Bow.
Weaken the majors before activating your super (and remember you can use throwing knife and your grenade during it, too). Nighthawk is good for bosses, but the multiple shots are better for orb generation. Although yeah, Combustion is a good call for PvE.

How awesome would it be if that inactive portal in the VoG jumping puzzle activates during Paradox as a daily. I can totally see it happening.

Deku Tree

You can do it in 20 minutes if you have saved bounties:

1.) Get your character to Lv40. Pop a Focused Light and turn in a bunch of bounties/public event packages if you can. Otherwise just play the story missions and do bounties. Get your new subclass ASAP so you can start putting all XP into that.

2.) Transfer your highest light weapons and Ghost from your main, along with any armor engrams. Especially Legendary armor engrams!! These are very useful.

3.) Decrypt one engram at a time. It will be much higher light than the 170 or whatever you currently have. Equip that, then decrypt another of a different armor type. So do one helmet, then a gauntlets, a chest, a boots, and a class item. Hopefully you get lucky with an Artifact, if not then do the Court of Oryx quest line as soon as possible.

4.) Rank up faction packages to try and get legendary armor to infuse. Buy any legendary armor you can if you have the marks and especially if you have any high light blues you can infuse.

5.) With a little luck and a lot of engrams you can easily hit 280+ which is plenty for the raid with a decent group, at least until Oryx.

This is really good advice. And it's more or less exactly what I did to level up all three of my characters right away. I had 16 bounties and 20 PE packages saved for each. But I haven't gotten a gold PE package since TTK dropped. I don't think they are around anymore.

Drain You

I've played only my Warlock until yesterday. Started on my Hunter and got him up to 291 in one night. Reset happened beat Oryx for the first time tonight on my 299 Warlock, switched to my hunter and the chest, arms, pulse, and rocket drop. Puts my hunter at 300 light, decrypt an exotic engram and get the gravitron drops at 310. For once this games RNG worked out.

How do I get the 310 artefact, I've completed the raid but haven't finished the taken war quests, do I have to do them?

Also if Luke is still lurking, when is the spindle nerf going to happen, I've got weapons to infuse to it

Top Bottom