• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DarKshodaN

the way Flakes are obtained is crap. vanilla style farming method is the only way to get them and it's always one per chest. they really want people to grind for those swords. I don't like the swords that much so i'll pass.

Exotic Swords are worth the trouble, i 1-2 hit kill nearly everthing with my Solar Sword

Strider

Normally the bosses you need to kill spawn once a day for a one charge per day rune, meaning it takes a week to fill.

If someone with a charged rune spawns the charged rune fight, those bosses appear during the fight and it counts them all towards charging your own rune if you are in the fight,all at once.

So who are the seven bosses and where can I find them?

LiK

This has been happening for like 10 months, ever since "smart loot 1.0" with the CE raid.

Getting a dupe = "smart loot my ass".

When people are SERIOUS about it, it's lazy and willfully ignorant. I'd like to think MOST folks here are saying it facetiously.

I feel like people have forgotten how real #forever29 was. MONTHS on end of being stuck there. It was never like that with CE, and it is pretty obvious it won't be like that for KF.

when I did the Veteran's tour while holding a Red Death equipped and Rahool gave me another Year 1 Red Death as a reward, I thought it was a big joke.

Exotic Swords are worth the trouble, i 1-2 hit nearly everthing with my Solar Sword

don't you run out of heavy ammo quick or am I missing something with the exotic versions?

This has been happening for like 10 months, ever since "smart loot 1.0" with the CE raid.

Getting a dupe = "smart loot my ass".

When people are SERIOUS about it, it's lazy and willfully ignorant. I'd like to think MOST folks here are saying it facetiously.

I feel like people have forgotten how real #forever29 was. MONTHS on end of being stuck there. It was never like that with CE, and it is pretty obvious it won't be like that for KF.

Exactly... you nailed it.

It takes half an hour max to get the flakes for your sword. You want an absolutely completely and totally grind-free experience with Destiny? I don't think that's in the cards. They reduced the grind quite a bit but expecting none at all I think is just expecting things to be handed to you.

You are clearly missing my original point. There are ways to make progress (grindy or not) in Destiny without literally running in circles. The actual act of running in circles to chest farm is awful game design and not even a fun or linear grind like XP leveling or engram farming. You don't even have to shoot a gun, you just run in a loop opening chests. Make it so you have to rank up eris (play lost of CoO) and get wormspore (decrypte lots of engrams with your vanguard ghost equipped) and it is a way to "grind" the material without, again let me state it for a fourth time, literally running in circles not playing the game. You are defending a practice that Bungie has already admitted was really poor game design and universally lamented by the community, hence why it is gone, and also why it is bizzare that they brought it back to gate swords. It is not griding for the sake of grinding that is the problem,(here comes a 5th mention just in case it still hasn't been made clear) it is the running in circles not even shooting things that blows kell dick.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Flakes are easy lol

There's zero way that farming for those 'rare materials' for the exotic sword takes less than 2 hours though.

Kyne

the way Flakes are obtained is crap. vanilla style farming method is the only way to get them and it's always one per chest. they really want people to grind for those swords. I don't like the swords that much so i'll pass.

your argument is invalid.
2bwjR6d.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
IMO if you want to run with randoms, just using the normal Vanguard Strike playlist. You will still earn many engrams and the bosses accept your 3 of coins just fine. The Heroic playlist is best served by forming a fireteam here on GAF that is interested in a train. Remember that matchmaking was only added fairly recently to Weekly Heroic Strikes- the Heroic Playlist is meant to be roughly equivalent to those, not to the Dragon Strike playlist.

That factor combined with the fact that the new strikes are a serious step up in terms of mechanical complexity and demand on the part of the player (as well as IMO, overall enjoyment), and running it with a matchmade team just isn't ideal.

You don't actually have to find 7 unique bosses to charge the rune over a week.

You can do the same each day.

On the dreadnaught when you spawn in, you will notice these white orbs floating over the ground with swirls under them. Just run onto one, spawn a taken fight. I think it's 4 short rounds, a few mobs each. The last round spawns a named yellow bar. Kill it, done.

As i say, you can do the same one each day and you're fine, no need to hunt. These things spawn all over the front area of the dreadnaught only a minute or so apart.

Afrocious

What's Hung Jury?

Speaking of guns, one of the first legendaries I got in TTK was Apple of Discord. The vendor version of it seems unremarkable, but my roll for it was so good I decided to keep it infused. It's a good, all-around gun and I'm hoping to get it to 300.

Shito

You just sold me on a hung jury.
This scout is awesome.
I don't even need a secondary or a heavy anymore to fight those taken champions...

What's Hung Jury?

Speaking of guns, one of the first legendaries I got in TTK was Apple of Discord. The vendor version of it seems unremarkable, but my roll for it was so good I decided to keep it infused. It's a good, all-around gun and I'm hoping to get it to 300.
Dead Orbit's scout rifle.
Triple tap and firefly.
Omolon skin.

SkylineRKR

when I did the Veteran's tour while holding a Red Death equipped and Rahool gave me another Year 1 Red Death as a reward, I thought it was a big joke.

don't you run out of heavy ammo quick or am I missing something with the exotic versions?

How about, I got a Y2 Hawkmoon first and then I did the veteran's tour which gave a Y1, lol.

But the game wasn't at fault, I had everything.

zewone

IMO if you want to run with randoms, just using the normal Vanguard Strike playlist. You will still earn many engrams and the bosses accept your 3 of coins just fine. The Heroic playlist is best served by forming a fireteam here on GAF that is interested in a train. Remember that matchmaking was only added fairly recently to Weekly Heroic Strikes- the Heroic Playlist is meant to be roughly equivalent to those, not to the Dragon Strike playlist.

That factor combined with the fact that the new strikes are a serious step up in terms of mechanical complexity and demand on the part of the player (as well as IMO, overall enjoyment), and running it with a matchmade team just isn't ideal.

After your first 3 heroic strikes for the week, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to playing heroic vs the normal playlist.

Frostburn

The entire raid. We have the witches checkpoinf as well. I can ask my group if they want to start there. I'm just helping.

I'm okay doing the whole raid to help but just need to kill Oryx, have that check point so if you can take others that need the loot that's cool.

If not I can help from wherever as it will be good practice. Only done each boss twice and Oryx never.

They are the majors that pawn from the little mini taken event during dreadnaught patrol. They rotate daily, so it takes a week to collect them all. I've got a charged rune I need to use though, so if you are still around in a couple hours we can do the event and charge yours in one fell swoop.

Psn is same as gaf, but I think I've got you on my list already.

R0ckman

So when you kill the Psions in the Dust Palace by knocking them off the stage with your sword you get no reward, yet... Randoms continue to do this when I play with them. The hell is wrong with these guys?

Strider

You don't actually have to find 7 unique bosses to charge the rune over a week.

You can do the same each day.

On the dreadnaught when you spawn in, you will notice these white orbs floating over the ground with swirls under them. Just run onto one, spawn a taken fight. I think it's 4 short rounds, a few mobs each. The last round spawns a named yellow bar. Kill it, done.

As i say, you can do the same one each day and you're fine, no need to hunt. These things spawn all over the front area of the dreadnaught only a minute or so apart.

You sure? Because I just killed a couple today that I know I have done before and I didn't get a charge. Seemed like I needed to kill 7 different bosses. Weird.

Guess I'll try the same thing tomorrow and see.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got up to Golgoroth with a group on tuesday, but I would really like to finish it this week, you up for it?
Shoes wants to raid tomorrow, I offered 8:30PM EST and I can take point. You in?
She isn't.
Ultras have the skull next to their name, and drop those triangle things upon death.
Never understood why omnigul was not a proper ultra...
Wth, 3oC don't work on omnigul? That's crap!

spyder_ur

No strong feelings about hadium farming, but the bolded isn't totally true; you can get them in bunches from Eris rank up packages - not sure if there's a minimum rank you have to be. I did a bunch of CoO and so I ranked up Eris and didn't have to farm for them at all.

Strider

They are the majors that pawn from the little mini taken event during dreadnaught patrol. They rotate daily, so it takes a week to collect them all. I've got a charged rune I need to use though, so if you are still around in a couple hours we can do the event and charge yours in one fell swoop.

Psn is same as gaf, but I think I've got you on my list already.

I would love to join you and thanks for the offer but I have to leave in about 45 minutes and wont be back until late tonight :( Can't play until then or tomorrow morning.

LiK

No strong feelings about hadium farming, but the bolded isn't totally true; you can get them in bunches from Eris rank up packages - not sure if there's a minimum rank you have to be. I did a bunch of CoO and so I ranked up Eris and didn't have to farm for them at all.

that's good to know. so just ranking up with her will help? I did a bunch of CoO last night so I'm close to rank 5 with her.

As someone who used scout rifles before TTK with Field Scout, Hung Jury is about the closest i will get to using my fav kind of guns again.

With Triple Tap, at least on bosses, when you set up properly to unload on the crit spot, you get all these extra bullets in your magazine, assuming you are actually getting crits. So even though the mag is...20? I think?....you are actually getting closer to the 27 from the old field scout days.

Plus firefly.

So far, Hung Jury is the only weapon I enjoy using in TTK. I havent found one other weapon I like, and I'm at light 295. Not one shotgun, not one rocket launcher, not a sword, nothing.

I only enjoy using the Hung Jury.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
After your first 3 heroic strikes for the week, there doesn't seem to be any benefit to playing heroic vs the normal playlist.
same amount of rep ?
that's good to know. so just ranking up with her will help? I did a bunch of CoO last night so I'm close to rank 5 with her.
ah I just ranked up to 5 with her and got 5 flakes and a stolen rune.

I need a ghost with that flake-from-engram magic though, damn.

SkylineRKR

And I thought Onmigul couldn't become any worse than it was.

Yes this is true, the biggest issues arise in the new strikes. Let it be the orbs in Echo Chamber, or the plates in Sunless Cell. They are simple objectives, marked on your screen even, but yet randoms can't seem to comprehend. I have to say that I like Sunless Cell, Shield Bros and SABRE (bar the warsat). Echo Chamber not sure.

The way I do it, I try to finish up 3 Heroics with randoms (which is a feat unless its Dust Palace or something), and then resort to the normals.

Shito

One last dumb question: how do you know if a boss was/is an ultra? Need to know when to pop a new coin
You can see the 3oC buff icon on your character screen.
After killing a boss, just check whether or not it's still there.
It only goes away after killing an ultra.
Never pop a new 3oC if the buff is still on you, would be a waste.

Top Bottom