• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

After playing for 2 weeks, I have to say that the lack of ways to obtain Legendary Marks is bothering me. They boasted about removing the weekly ceiling of 200 for marks-but then turn around and limit your access to getting them.

7 Daily Crucible x 15
7 Daily Story x 15
3 Heroic Strikes x 10

That's 240. Now you can dismantle your Year 2 Legendaries and get a measly 3-5 each, but come on. This is still a small amount.

There's also a few quests that hand out about 25 marks upon completion, and the weekly Crucible event will award legendary marks after winning, which I think you can do twice.

You're still right, it's a bit of a grind to earn these things. I'd be nice if we could earn 1 or 2 from doing patrol missions.

My titan got loot showered on him in a raid pug. Got 310 ghost, primary auto rifle, fusion rifle, 309 class item, 303 boots, 306 helm, and an exotic engram from a coin. Loot is so uneven though, one other guy in the group got nothing but shards the entire run.

Finally cleared all the fragments on the raid too so now I can try to get malice quest done.

SheHateMe

Buy the speaker cloaks.

All of the engram cloaks are awful.

I'm personally waiting for Six Coyotes to be on sale again.

Buy from the speaker.

That's what I'm gonna do at least. As soon as that Venom shows up. Hopefully tomorrow....

Looks like that's the move. Strength Of The Pack is mine tonight. Should've bought that Quantum-Phoenix Blue last night, but eh. It'll come back around.

rc213

First NF done, 310 Suros. Not bad even if it ends up as infuse fodder.

Chaperone Crucible quest, Mayhem Skirmish game 1 35%
Wish me luck!

Really wish I could transfer all my materials from Xbone over to PS4. Sitting on 4 exotic shards and about 10 of each planetary material at the moment lol. Such a struggle after having a bank of 500+ each material and something like 50 exotic shards.

After playing for 2 weeks, I have to say that the lack of ways to obtain Legendary Marks is bothering me. They boasted about removing the weekly ceiling of 200 for marks-but then turn around and limit your access to getting them.

7 Daily Crucible x 15
7 Daily Story x 15
3 Heroic Strikes x 10

That's 240. Now you can dismantle your Year 2 Legendaries and get a measly 3-5 each, but come on. This is still a small amount.

A lot of us are sitting at mark cap and don't know what to do with them. Trust me, they are not hard to come by and there's not much you can spend them on.

Snicky

Anyone looking to raid around 6pm PT? 295 titan would love to do a fresh raid tonight, completed the full raid last week.

PSN: Sn1cky

Menome

As I've seen a couple of people wearing one: Is there an updated version of the Queen's Wrath cloak for Hunters with viable stats and the ability to be infused, or are people sad like me and clinging on to the old one?

phen0m24

Not sure I'll be able to raid tonight. Will let you know in another hour but work may keep my attention through this evening.

On a side note the vendor Apple of Discord is wonderful. That may be my new workhorse for TTK.

Hopes... Wallach you're awesome!

And I agree on the Apple. It's great. Mine is 293.

Arrrammis

We're all 298+, really just want a meat shield.
PSN: Arrrammis

jk, but really anyone's welcome. We have one fresh face already, so we'll be explaining the bosses anyways!

Edit: full

A lot of us are sitting at mark cap and don't know what to do with them. Trust me, they are not hard to come by and there's not much you can spend them on.

Yep, once I got past 280 I found it's either just gonna be getting very specific stats but I haven't noticed vendor gear rotating at all so not sure about that one now?? Or fleshing out weapon collections.

Right now I think im gonna suck it up and spend mine on materials though. Running circles for hours again is not something I am that interested in.

Korosenai

First Oryx kill, 20 shards redeemed, only got one armor piece.

Second Oryx kill, 20 shards redeemed, only got one armor piece.

That's three total Oryx kills I've gotten now without a single primary drop.

Edit: and my third Oryx kill of last week, without 20 shards being redeemed, gave me two auto rifles.

I'm probably the only person on the planet not enjoying TTK, which is a shame considering all the nice changes they made.

First, outside of the Hung Jury scout rifle, I haven't enjoyed using any other kind of weapon, including the sword.

The Crucible may be the single worst gaming activity I've ever experienced, and having content locked behind pvp activities is unfortunate. I thought the crucible was bad before, and yet somehow they managed to make it worse.

I've played through all the missions and have a number of pve quests finished. The only activity I've enjoyed so far is the Court of Oryx. Yet 9 times out of 10 when I load into the area, nobody is with me. Whether I sit around waiting for people to enter the zone or leave and come back, nobody is playing the activity.

The Taken are incredibly frustrating to fight against, easily my least favorite enemy type in the game by miles. All they do is spam their abilities. Bubble shields and darkness whatever balls the knights throw at you. It's been a huge drag fighting them in any kind of activity, be it patrol, story, or strike.

While some of the strike boss battles are cool, particularly the Darkblade encounter, playing with randoms has been awful.

I've seen videos of the raid, and it looks incredible. But honestly, I don't have the patience anymore to gear up for that.

I've been playing since day 1 and racked up TONS of hours. And I just don't have the desire to play this game anymore. I'm at the point where it's 90% frustration and 10% fun. And gaming is supposed to be fun.

And this is coming from a player who used 3 characters each week to do the nightfall, the weekly heroic, the raids, and prison of elders, three times, every week.

It's been a long ride, but the hold this game has had over me has finally been broken and I have no desire to jump into any activity anymore.

I'm probably the only person on the planet not enjoying TTK, which is a shame considering all the nice changes they made.

First, outside of the Hung Jury scout rifle, I haven't enjoyed using any other kind of weapon, including the sword.

The Crucible may be the single worst gaming activity I've ever experienced, and having content locked behind pvp activities is unfortunate. I thought the crucible was bad before, and yet somehow they managed to make it worse.

I've played through all the missions and have a number of pve quests finished. The only activity I've enjoyed so far is the Court of Oryx. Yet 9 times out of 10 when I load into the area, nobody is with me. Whether I sit around waiting for people to enter the zone or leave and come back, nobody is playing the activity.

The Taken are incredibly frustrating to fight against, easily my least favorite enemy type in the game by miles. All they do is spam their abilities. Bubble shields and darkness whatever balls the knights throw at you. It's been a huge drag fighting them in any kind of activity, be it patrol, story, or strike.

While some of the strike boss battles are cool, particularly the Darkblade encounter, playing with randoms has been awful.

I've seen videos of the raid, and it looks incredible. But honestly, I don't have the patience anymore to gear up for that.

I've been playing since day 1 and racked up TONS of hours. And I just don't have the desire to play this game anymore. I'm at the point where it's 90% frustration and 10% fun. And gaming is supposed to be fun.

And this is coming from a player who used 3 characters each week to do the nightfall, the weekly heroic, the raids, and prison of elders, three times, every week.

It's been a long ride, but the hold this game has had over me has finally been broken and I have no desire to jump into any activity anymore.

Youll be back. As early as tonight.

Top Bottom