• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

phen0m24

I'm probably the only person on the planet not enjoying TTK, which is a shame considering all the nice changes they made.

First, outside of the Hung Jury scout rifle, I haven't enjoyed using any other kind of weapon, including the sword.

The Crucible may be the single worst gaming activity I've ever experienced, and having content locked behind pvp activities is unfortunate. I thought the crucible was bad before, and yet somehow they managed to make it worse.

I've played through all the missions and have a number of pve quests finished. The only activity I've enjoyed so far is the Court of Oryx. Yet 9 times out of 10 when I load into the area, nobody is with me. Whether I sit around waiting for people to enter the zone or leave and come back, nobody is playing the activity.

The Taken are incredibly frustrating to fight against, easily my least favorite enemy type in the game by miles. All they do is spam their abilities. Bubble shields and darkness whatever balls the knights throw at you. It's been a huge drag fighting them in any kind of activity, be it patrol, story, or strike.

While some of the strike boss battles are cool, particularly the Darkblade encounter, playing with randoms has been awful.

I've seen videos of the raid, and it looks incredible. But honestly, I don't have the patience anymore to gear up for that.

I've been playing since day 1 and racked up TONS of hours. And I just don't have the desire to play this game anymore. I'm at the point where it's 90% frustration and 10% fun. And gaming is supposed to be fun.

And this is coming from a player who used 3 characters each week to do the nightfall, the weekly heroic, the raids, and prison of elders, three times, every week.

It's been a long ride, but the hold this game has had over me has finally been broken and I have no desire to jump into any activity anymore.

1) maybe play with GAFers?
2) Have you played with people from GAF?
3) You're on NeoGAF and you're mentioning randoms.
4) see # 1
5) Guardians also spam their abilities. The Taken are kinda like a mirror image of us. I find the thrall the most annoying but I get their design. Challenging enemies.

exYle

Is that the one that needs kills in PvP? An easy way to get those would be to take a Fireteam into Rumble. You still have access to team chat, so you could go to each others locations and get your kills.

Haha, I just finished but thanks for the advice!

Chaperone, here I come

Bogeypop

Mayhem Clash is ridiculous for the Weekly Crucible with that infinite Hammer glitch on Sunbreaker. Basically whoever has the most Titans and is willing to abuse the glitch wins.

The raid auto rifle seems to have very misleading stability. With the Braced Frame perk the stability is about 85% full but it still kicks around like crazy.

Anyone want to jump in my patrol for a quick champion kill? The Taken just arrived (so 3 lieutenants still have to kill). Got him to 10% with this random the first time and we are trying again.

EL CUCO

So for the Arc sword, it says I need to gather 10 of a specific material found in the Spinmetal. I've picked up atleast 20 Spinmetal and it isn't giving me any special material.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to have a certain percentage of Arc kills before the material starts dropping or something?

rc213

Is that the one that needs kills in PvP? An easy way to get those would be to take a Fireteam into Rumble. You still have access to team chat, so you could go to each others locations and get your kills.

Wish I could make this happen, Even in Mayhem it's balls getting above 30% so far.

VinFTW

So are these taken war champion quests supposed to be this fucking dumb? Like... populate the fucking world Bungie if you don't wanna make these soloable.

So for the Arc sword, it says I need to gather 10 of a specific material found in the Spinmetal. I've picked up atleast 20 Spinmetal and it isn't giving me any special material.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I supposed to have a certain percentage of Arc kills before the material starts dropping or something?
They are rare drops. Like 1 in 15 or something.

exYle

I'm with you, Stuck at 30% after a few games luckily it hasn't gotten lower than that.

I've been playing Mayhem, and switching to Last Word only when I get heavy. When I deplete my rockets, then I unleash my super. Then I switch my primary to something else.

If you got a Sunbreaker, use him. His super is ridiculous for getting streaks.

They're stupidly rare; your best bet is to find a node near a new zone and run back and forth to collect it just like people farmed the queen wolves chest.

SheHateMe

Just made up my mind... I'm spending ALL my Legendary Marks tonight.

ALL. OF. THEM.

Fuck it. I'll get them back eventually.

Hell, I still haven't done CoO or the Raid yet. Working through the rest of my quests.

I'm slowly going through this game. No need to rush.

No, there's a 1 in 10 chance you'll pick up the rare material. You just have shit luck.

Deku Tree

It's RNG. Seems to be a 10% chance to get it. But RNG so can take longer or shorter. Nami said he went a whole hour of farming without getting one. Took me about 1.5 hours to get 10.

Kyoufu

They're just rare. Go to Mothyards and checkpoint abuse the nodes that spawn near the Lunar Complex building.

20? try 200 then come back :p

Lol now I see what Kadey(?) was talking about. 30 multikills in the crucible WTF. At least I'm working with my gunslinger so it won't be too bad, this time.

EL CUCO

Well then, the Spinmetal farming is real. Thanks guys
9T1kgIr.gif

Well then, the Spinmetal farming is real. Thanks guys
9T1kgIr.gif

Grab a ghost that can detect Spinmetal. Drive around or just find one near the entrance of mothyards and farm that specific one by going in and out of Mothyards. As long as no randoms show up you can farm it all day.

VinFTW

Yeah I cant solo these champion quests and since Destiny doesn't wanna populate their world I now have to grab people off the game.

Ridiculous.

Top Bottom