• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

maomaoIYP

Two weeks into TTK, and I've realized that by a large margin I am most excited on armsday. It feels like Christmas, I want to unwrap my presents and see my new toys. Guaranteed lengendaries means worst case scenario I have guaranteed marks. Also, class exclusive guns! Will be able to get Fabian Strat and Tlaloc this week, and I will hit rank 5 for my hunter next week!
And hopefully get The First Curse/Sleeper Stim!

Wallach

The raid auto rifle seems to have very misleading stability. With the Braced Frame perk the stability is about 85% full but it still kicks around like crazy.

The raid PR is actually the same way. PRs with comparable stability have noticeably less recoil. I'm not really sure why.

Strider

Once I feel there's nothing left to buy with marks (and I'm pretty close to that now) I'll be throwing them all at planet materials. By the next expansion I hope I can have hundreds of every type...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just made up my mind... I'm spending ALL my Legendary Marks tonight.

ALL. OF. THEM.

Fuck it. I'll get them back eventually.

Hell, I still haven't done CoO or the Raid yet. Working through the rest of my quests.

I'm slowly going through this game. No need to rush.
Endorsed!
The raid PR is actually the same way. PRs with comparable stability have noticeably less recoil. I'm not really sure why.
I would never have been able to put my finger on this but reading this now it's totally clear to me why it has felt so off to me. It hits hard and is very accurate but I always prefer super super stable PRs and looking at its stability on the stat screen it SEEMS like I should really enjoy it.

phen0m24

Yeah I cant solo these champion quests and since Destiny doesn't wanna populate their world I now have to grab people off the game.

Ridiculous.

If you go to the Hollows on mars you can solo that taken boss pretty easily. There is a little hill under the building overhang where the centurion spawns (upstairs) and you can jam yourself under there and just mow the boss down. :)

MrDaravon

I would never have been able to put my finger on this but reading this now it's totally clear to me why it has felt so off to me. It hits hard and is very accurate but I always prefer super super stable PRs and looking at its stability on the stat screen it SEEMS like I should really enjoy it.

Yeah, this is a really good point. Once I can finally get back on the game I'm going to check out the Raid Pulse Rifle again, maybe that's why it felt so off to me (besides not liking the scope). Even though all of my Raid weapons rolled badly (300-304 at max) I think I'm just going to infuse all of them, I haven't liked a single one I've gotten yet. Still no LMG though, people seem fond of that one.

So are these taken war champion quests supposed to be this fucking dumb? Like... populate the fucking world Bungie if you don't wanna make these soloable.
They are pretty soloable if you have a 170 Gjallarhorn. Although some of the Mars ones with the invisible lieutenants are annoying, it's hard to spawn the champion even with a fireteam :(

Usually at least 1 blueberry has been in the area when I'm trying to do these though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Starting a Daily, no mic, public fireteam (Hawkian on PSN)

Also, I... don't think I've done this mission before? That's kind of awesome.
Yeah, this is a really good point. Once I can finally get back on the game I'm going to check out the Raid Pulse Rifle again, maybe that's why it felt so off to me (besides not liking the scope). Even though all of my Raid weapons rolled badly (300-304 at max) I think I'm just going to infuse all of them, I haven't liked a single one I've gotten yet. Still no LMG though, people seem fond of that one.
Yeah the LMG is the one weapon so far from the raid I out-and-out enjoy. It's quite good and Cocoon is such a sweet-ass perk on a machine gun.

MrDaravon

Starting a Daily, no mic, public fireteam (Hawkian on PSN)

Also, I... don't think I've done this mission before? That's kind of awesome.
Yeah the LMG is the one weapon so far from the raid I out-and-out enjoy. It's quite good and Cocoon is such a sweet-ass perk on a machine gun.

Yeah, Cocoon seems perfect for LMGs.

VinFTW

They are pretty soloable if you have a 170 Gjallarhorn. Although some of the Mars ones with the invisible lieutenants are annoying, it's hard to spawn the champion even with a fireteam :(

Usually at least 1 blueberry has been in the area when I'm trying to do these though.

Blueberry, I love that term...

Yeah, I dont have like anything. I switched from Xbox One to PS4 for TTK. So I have no cool exotics or anything :/

I managed to solo the shore one on Venus, just gotta get the rocket yard one on earth and I should get the Mars one.

adin75

Finally got the raid done. Was great fun, and not a terrible loot haul. Got a ghost, auto, mg and titan mark. The ghost and mg were only 300 sadly but it's still better than what I had.

Now to unlock it on one of my alts to run it again :)

I just figured out that I am going to need two Tier 3 kills to hit 45 calcified fragments. I have 3 antiquated runes from the raid today but I'll have to wait until reset next week before I can get my hands on the Touch of Malice.

I had hoped I could get it this week but it was not meant to be.

Juraash

Anyone up for some T3 CoO? Have 3 charged antiquated runes and I need the fragment. Down to chain all 3 of mine, just one, alternate, w/e.

No mic atm since I forgot to charge it after the raid on Sunday and Monday. That said I did read the Strat this morning.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Some of you may remember that I was having a ton of trouble with Oryx this weekend. I just looked at my stats on Bungie.net and have attempted him 136 times with no kill.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Seems like it could be useful for trials if people bunch up. Snipe one, then push forward while they're blinded.
Problem is, the flashbang doesn't proc straight away. There's a 1-2 second delay before it activates, whereas it should be instantaneous like the explosions from the Firefly perl.

Top Bottom