• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

RexNovis

Banned
Trying to decide between Solar and Void sword. I know the solar sword has a special that hits like a truck and the void sword does a sort of whirlwind attack but I'm not sure which is best. What do yall think? Which is most ideal for PVE strikes and raids?

btkadams

I'm a fucking idiot and was waiting for a Skywatch taken champion in MOTHYARDS all day. Fuck. Such a waste of time lol. And I totally wasted Rez's time too until he realized we were at the wrong place

First step of Jolly Holiday was the most frustrating thing I had to do in this game. Till I tried Mayhem and it was much more manageable with constantly charging grenades and supers. Even then running into a good team meant a drop from 70 to 40%. Hope the next step isn't so bad. It's shotguns though which is another weapon I've just never used so far, much like the hand cannon.

Anyway. Anyone for Nightfall? Will be my first one in like a year, but I have appropriate burn element guns and am Light level 297 or so. No mic though. :c

PSN: tehSlacker

Ditters

First step of Jolly Holiday was the most frustrating thing I had to do in this game. Till I tried Mayhem and it was much more manageable with constantly charging grenades and supers. Even then running into a good team meant a drop from 70 to 40%. Hope the next step isn't so bad. It's shotguns though which is another weapon I've just never used so far, much like the hand cannon.

Anyway. Anyone for Nightfall? Will be my first one in like a year, but I have appropriate burn element guns and am Light level 297 or so. No mic though. :c
I'm down for nf. Ditters1

MrDaravon

The rest of the quest isn't nearly as bad, the first step of that quest is probably the worst quest in the game short of some of the very specific PvP quests maybe. Now you just need PvE and PvP shotgun kills and you don't lose percentage when you die or anything. The last part you'll probably need to enlist two GAFers for though, it's hard as balls with randoms but with two friends you should be good to go.

Solution for Destiny Raiding-
Guaranteed drops every boss.
Increase loot table with variable drop rates on each item for each boss.
Solution-Everyones happy.

I just don't get CoO randoms, man... someone joins in, uses a Tier 3 rune, and we beat the Tier 3 boss handily and people seem to understand the mechanics of it. I immediately use my Tier 3 rune with the SAME GROUP and people are just standing on the ledge getting killed repeatedly and the fight times out. I just want my calcified fragment. I'll have to grab a GAF group tomorrow, I'm done for the evening.

Are the calcified fragments for Tier 2 stuff random? I feel like I've done my fair share of Tier 2 runes, activated by myself and by others and I'm still missing 3 (39, 40 and 41).

Eric WK

One full raid today while using 2 3oCs yielded:

309 ghost
302 chest
308 fusion
307 pulse
310 suros
310 skyburners

I'm tapping out.

Nice.

I had a good day, too. Jumped from 301 to 307 with

309 ghost shell
300 ghost shell
305 helm
309 boots
308 cape
310 suros
300 shotgun

Man Destiny needs a highlander mode for pvp. Free for all. Swords only, you start with a basic white sword no grenades, no super. Then if you get a kill the damage ups slightly until you get enough kills to get an upgraded version like the current legendary with blocks and a heavy attack. After you reach the next tier you get an exotic type sword with an expanded moveset and super capability. Maybe 3 lives each, or you could do true highlander style one death. Anyways last man standing.

looked over or bad idea. I wish more shooters had fun quirky game modes. I'm sick of all the general pvp. That's why Mayhem had me so excited, but it's only available occasionally which is really disappointing.

MrDaravon

I just don't get CoO randoms, man... someone joins in, uses a Tier 3 rune, and we beat the Tier 3 boss handily and people seem to understand the mechanics of it. I immediately use my Tier 3 rune with the SAME GROUP and people are just standing on the ledge getting killed repeatedly and the fight times out. I just want my calcified fragment. I'll have to grab a GAF group tomorrow, I'm done for the evening.

Are the calcified fragments for Tier 2 stuff random? I feel like I've done my fair share of Tier 2 runes, activated by myself and by others and I'm still missing 3 (39, 40 and 41).

Tier 2 is random, but if you don't get the combination you need you can just intentionally fail out of the even to keep the rune until you get the combinations you need, I had to do that for the last one I needed.

oSoLucky

Some of you may remember that I was having a ton of trouble with Oryx this weekend. I just looked at my stats on Bungie.net and have attempted him 136 times with no kill.

No man should suffer this much. Add me, KC_Darkness. I'll run with you to kill anytime I'm not busy. Tomorrow I've got to get Tlaloc, Ace of Spades, the 3 exotic swords and 1 more raid clear and I'm done for the week.

Maybe they didn't want to help? Happens a lot, especially if you have a full team that needs to get shit done. It sucks a bit.

As for your tier 2 question, yes there are specific combinations that yield shards. You can always jump off the side and cancel the event if you are low on runes and don't want to lose one on a combo you don't need.

skip

I'd advise going into Mayhem Clash tonight if you've got those "kill XX guardians with super/melee/grenade" quest steps active. The whole mode's a crapshoot anyways.

MrDaravon

I'd advise going into Mayhem Clash tonight if you've got those "kill XX guardians with super/melee/grenade" quest steps active. The whole mode's a crapshoot anyways.

I haven't had a chance to play Mayhem yet (I wasn't around the week it was up pre-TTK), do kill counts tend to be higher as well? I've barely ever touched the Crucible with my Warlock and Titan so they're not even at the first tier for Crucible kills with those classes Grimoire-wise, and I need to correct that at some point.

Tier 2 is random, but if you don't get the combination you need you can just intentionally fail out of the even to keep the rune until you get the combinations you need, I had to do that for the last one I needed.

Maybe they didn't want to help? Happens a lot, especially if you have a full team that needs to get shit done. It sucks a bit.

As for your tier 2 question, yes there are specific combinations that yield shards. You can always jump off the side and cancel the event if you are low on runes and don't want to lose one on a combo you don't need.

Good to know guys, thanks for the tip. I'll have to do that, as cheesy as it is.

Juraash

Would anyone want to endure some T2 Court resetting with me in like...30 minutes? I need one last combo for a shard. I'd return the favor seeing as how this is bound to be mind numbing.

R0ckman

Whelp, wife's water broken and she was shipped to the hospital. There goes my Destiny reset night. :p

Ah well, this is more exciting than my weekly grind anyway :)

wwm0nkey

So far all my 3oC drops have been something new, no dupes :)

Been farming for the special Legendary items though and that is actually a bitch lol

Arrrammis

Well, officially went in to the raid with someone at 281 and won(288 in the end!)! Just goes to show, good communication and planning can definitely overcome light disadvantages.

Anastasis

Whelp, wife's water broken and she was shipped to the hospital. There goes my Destiny reset night. :p

Ah well, this is more exciting than my weekly grind anyway :)

This your first? Hope you get some great loot! :)

Father of two boys here. It is very exciting indeed!

Top Bottom