• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

How does the exotic sword quest work when you have done one already? I thought people were saying you could skip the initial steps and just collect materials.

So should I not use the level 25 boost on my first character? That feels like a waste skipping all that content.

I would suggest not using it on your first character, personally. But you wouldn't be skipping much at all if you do decide to use it, as you can still play through all the previous missions whenever you want.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
One full raid today while using 2 3oCs yielded:

309 ghost
302 chest
308 fusion
307 pulse
310 suros
310 skyburners

I'm tapping out.

Just finished a raid and got almost nothing. I think a level 300 fusion rifle and a level 300 class item. Weeeeeee

commish

Whelp, wife's water broken and she was shipped to the hospital. There goes my Destiny reset night. :p

Ah well, this is more exciting than my weekly grind anyway :)

Congrats! If you want to name the kid Tigerheli, I won't object.

289 ready for a raid or nightfall. I've never done the raid before but definitely interested. My PSN is TsaiPesmerga. I do have a working headset if needed.

Thanks Ditters and jondabomb. Sorry I disappeared for a second in the middle. Noticed a spider climbing up my wall right next to me and freaked out.

So what's good to buy with marks? Caped and need to get something. Should I get one of the Ghost shells. since I still have a blue one, or are any of the hunter helms you can get good? Need a backup for when I want to use an exotic something other then helm and I've gotten literally 0 legendary helm engrams with a ton of everything else.

maomaoIYP

So i have 3 exotic sword quests on my Warlock, all on the same step. Tomorrow will I have to do the sunless cell strike 3 times?
Are you me? Lol technically if we can kill alak kul and all his wardens within 30 seconds, I think we can just do the strike once. Not sure if that is possible though, the strike is rated at 300 light. Are you on my FL? I'm at work (GMT+8) but if I see you anytime we can help each other out.
PSN feetiemaomao

1. me
2. Frostburn
3. Ozone
4. Darryl
5. Manic
6. kreepmode

Okay, that's 6. We will start 7 pm EST (a few minutes late is fine, kreep). My PSN is Tigerheli. If we aren't already friends, please add me. Id' add you but I'm still at work!

Thanks to everyone on the fireteam for my first raid clear. I think three of us hadn't finished Oryx before? Nice work everyone!

commish

Thanks to everyone on the fireteam for my first raid clear. I think three of us hadn't finished Oryx before? Nice work everyone!

Yeah was a really smooth run. MVP is Frost since he was much better at explaining things than me :) runner up mvp is frost's wife for not killing him.

Complete sword quest on 1 character -> transfer unupgraded swords from alts onto said character -> upgrade them on that character -> Shaxx will give you the material/ability kill farm step for the other swords

Profit

That's pretty genius and gets rid of the titan void issue. Guess I'll get all 3 after all.

skip

I haven't had a chance to play Mayhem yet (I wasn't around the week it was up pre-TTK), do kill counts tend to be higher as well? I've barely ever touched the Crucible with my Warlock and Titan so they're not even at the first tier for Crucible kills with those classes Grimoire-wise, and I need to correct that at some point.

I was constantly dying, so I would wager that kill counts across the board are higher. :) It really helped me with the Radiance multikills, as I could just lob Sunbreaker-fueled solar grenades and hopefully get post-mortems.

Jafku

Complete sword quest on 1 character -> transfer unupgraded swords from alts onto said character -> upgrade them on that character -> Shaxx will give you the material/ability kill farm step for the other swords

Profit
Ah so that's how you do it. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom