• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

zewone

One last dumb question: how do you know if a boss was/is an ultra? Need to know when to pop a new coin

Just pop the coin whenever.

It doesn't get used until you kill an Ultra so it's impossible to waste. Just have one up all the time until you notice the buff is gone.

You are clearly missing my original point. There are ways to make progress (grindy or not) in Destiny without literally running in circles. The actual act of running in circles to chest farm is awful game design and not even a fun or linear grind like XP leveling or engram farming. You don't even have to shoot a gun, you just run in a loop opening chests. Make it so you have to rank up eris (play lost of CoO) and get wormspore (decrypte lots of engrams with your vanguard ghost equipped) and it is a way to "grind" the material without, again let me state it for a fourth time, literally running in circles not playing the game. You are defending a practice that Bungie has already admitted was really poor game design and universally lamented by the community, hence why it is gone, and also why it is bizzare that they brought it back to gate swords. It is not griding for the sake of grinding that is the problem,(here comes a 5th mention just in case it still hasn't been made clear) it is the running in circles not even shooting things that blows kell dick.

My answer to this is simple: you're comparing the grind of planetary mat farming which was something you needed to do constantly to upgrade gear. This is so because the acquisition of gear is ongoing, so that grind was also ongoing.

This is a one time item quest and while you may view it as unimaginative I don't agree with your view that it's a baffling repeat of something Bungie acknowledged was a mistake.

I think your alternative of grinding rep to get this is puzzling. There is so much of that in the game now where rep on a faction leads to rewards, why add this to that enormous pool? I like that it's a different activity and I don't think that everything in Destiny needs to come as a result of killing things.

I don't see it as offensive at all, and I do see it as a different activity rather than killing to fill a meter with XP to get something. The entire game does that already.

Besides, those chests that hold the flakes also encourage the exploration aspect of the game to find other things and other chests that are openened in various ways. Without the 'run around and explore' element, we'd be confined to fairly small spaces to kill things.

Kurumi

your argument is invalid.
2bwjR6d.gif

So good

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
when I did the Veteran's tour while holding a Red Death equipped and Rahool gave me another Year 1 Red Death as a reward, I thought it was a big joke.

don't you run out of heavy ammo quick or am I missing something with the exotic versions?

Not at all. I can't speak for Solar (those swords apparently have crazy damage potential against single targets too), but I easily get more out of my Arc Exotic Sword than any Rocket Launcher. I get 5 shots out of my rocket launcher. Have to reload too. Sword? One R2 special is only about 5 energy. I'd even argue the damage is significantly higher too.

Marvel

could never
I've luckily not had any problems with randoms in the heroic strike playlist, Raids with lfg though? Yeesh, need a gaf team for that.

Glad you caught up fast and are enjoying it! It's funny because I was asking my girlfriend if it was weird I was taking my PS4 with me on my trip. I had to explain that the entire fun of the game is playing with people and experiencing things as they happen for the first time and evolve, like Black Spindle. One month from now the game will still be fun but all the awe and excitement will have been drowned out and waiting that long to do the raid or some events with experienced people will ruin some of the fun. I binge played with my friends while I was home this first week so I didn't miss out on all that, she's fantastic for understanding that. But it took some explaining and some actual sincere talks that it was oddly causing me a lot of stress that I might not be around to play for the next few weeks and if I couldn't be then I wanted to get as much in as I could. Should be just a game but it's formed into a fun community for me, especially with my IRL clan mates.

Thanks man!! Exactly. After the first month of Vanilla Destiny, my relationship became fairly rocky, and it was basically a (damped) sine wave throughout year 1

Image88.gif

but occasional bigger lows than pictured. When she finally came to terms with just how huge this game is, it helped. But of course, she still doesn't REALLY get it. We came back on Tuesday, 2 nights ago. Both nights I tried playing, she's asking me to either go to bed or watch TV with her, when I've basically missed the whole 1st week of TTK ALREADY!!!! That was pretty frustrating. Especially with yesterday's daily Spindle that I wanted badly. Like we just got back from 9 days of vacation, TV shows can wait. I watched 1 episode with her last night to do "something".

But yea I totally understand about IRL friends too. I miss playing with my IRL friends. All 3 that I played with (mainly 1 since fireteam of 3, we had to split up 2 and 2), all quit before TDB. A couple came back during HoW for 2 weeks then quit again. But I definitely wished they came back. 2 of them are actually fairly frequent Gaffers, just mostly on the Gaming side hah. I don't think they've come here since they've played when we used to look for 1-2 more for VoG raids.

LiK

Not at all. I can't speak for Solar (those swords apparently have crazy damage potential against single targets too), but I easily get more out of my Arc Exotic Sword than any Rocket Launcher. I get 5 shots out of my rocket launcher. Have to reload too. Sword? One R2 special is only about 5 energy. I'd even argue the damage is significantly higher too.

I only have Solar and it runs out quick when I was using it in Patrol, iirc. i'll test it out some more.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
void exotic sword anyone?

it doesn't seem that hard, just too hard with randoms, or if people are trying to get more than one warden with the boss. psn dayeight light 297

Strider

I've luckily not had any problems with randoms in the heroic strike playlist, Raids with lfg though? Yeesh, need a gaf team for that.

I would never raid unless it's with friends I have or people from gaf.

Every other community sucks in comparison to this one lol

SkylineRKR

Yep, no ultra, they don't drop the triangle thing. ^^
Needs both to be considered an ultra.
Bungie should really find a way to better represents this.

Perhaps because it would've been 3 birds with one stone? Then let only the last one drop it or something.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What crucible mode did people do for their 25 sword kill? Control?

I think Rift is easier tbh. People get distracted and priotize the spark over everything. In Control, people will drop everything and focus on heavy just because the game is a bit less objective focused.

Oscar

Infused my 1000 Yard Stare to 308 in fear of a Spindle nerf this morning.

Bought the pre-nerf 300 dmg spindles to get the rest of my special legendaries to 300.

PUG'd up to Golgoroth too, all I got were shards or w/e that material is.

I think Rift is easier tbh. People get distracted and priotize the spark over everything. In Control, people will drop everything and focus on heavy just because the game is a bit less objective focused.

Rumble. Hide around the corners and bash people with the hilt before they know what's hitting them.

That's where I went for mine.

Clash, took just couple rounds to get all 25.
Uhhh

Might just do Rumble or Control

spyder_ur

that's good to know. so just ranking up with her will help? I did a bunch of CoO last night so I'm close to rank 5 with her.

I can't guarantee it with every rank up, but they can drop in batches of maybe 12? Like I said I got two packages and there were my 25 flakes for the sword.

You also get runes for ranking her up - nice that they added some value. Eris is still the worst though.

Jinjo

Replaying vanilla Destiny from scratch with reborn Titan is a fun trip down memory lane. Remember Galahad B/E and how OP that weapon was in crucible? Keeping this one, will see if it's restored to its former glory status.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just saw the patch notes and the wording of the 3oC nerf. Hopefully it means that using it as "intended" (I.E, on strike bosses or full mission runs instead of checkpoint cheesing) will be unaffected and continue to work as it has been this past week. If that's the case, then good change. I am hopeful this is the case, I'll be bummed if my already poor 3oC yellow engram drop rate in strikes gets even worse.

SkylineRKR

Replaying vanilla Destiny from scratch with reborn Titan is a fun trip down memory lane. Remember Galahad B/E and how OP that weapon was in crucible? Keeping this one, will see if it's restored to its former glory status.

My first reign of terror mang. Galahad E was a fucking beast.

LiK

I can confirm that ARs even with low impact and high ROF was pretty viable in PVP when I played it last night. the buff definitely helped.

Ambitious

void exotic sword anyone?

it doesn't seem that hard, just too hard with randoms, or if people are trying to get more than one warden with the boss. psn dayeight light 297

I'm at the previous step of the quest, but I will be done with it soon. However, I have the Solar sword, so we need to be careful with the Wardens. Let's get the health of both wardens down to a third or so, then focus on the boss. When his health is down to a minimum, each of us takes care of one warden, and when both are down, we kill the boss.

The third guy should be from here, though. I'm not playing with randoms.

edit: Never mind. "Wait for delivery of Armsday materials". What a load of crap.

Top Bottom