• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

lt519

That moment when you are in a groove and crushing Oryx and may finally beat him and baboon error hits your team. Team disbands, goodnight. Ugh so frustrating, still haven't beat him );

Do you have to use the CoO runes yourself for them to count? I don't really feel like trying to farm black wax idols to buy more stolen runes. I have 3 purple ones. One is charged.

i don't think they have to be yours. i was along for the ride earlier today, and i'm pretty sure that i didn't end up using 6 of my own runes.

maomaoIYP

So i found an exotic chest engram on my hunter. Sent it to my warlock expecting a HOPF, voidfang, whatever. I'd be happy with any of the warlock chests.

It decrypted into a... crest of alpha lupi.... my 7th

....unbelievable...

Oooff that is rough.
The other day I decrypted 4 Obsidian Minds in a row......I was only missing The Stag.

Juraash

Touch of Malice get! 301 achieved! I am super happy now. My Warlock is in a good place. Nos to get the raid set since I really dig the look.

Huge thanks to everyone who helped over the last few days :D

GutZ31

Do you have to use the CoO runes yourself for them to count? I don't really feel like trying to farm black wax idols to buy more stolen runes. I have 3 purple ones. One is charged.
For charging runes, you do NOT need to use your own. Joining a battle in CoO counts for charging your own runes.
You will need to use your own for loot and calcified fragments.

void666

Banned
Oooff that is rough.
The other day I decrypted 4 Obsidian Minds in a row......I was only missing The Stag.

Every exotic chest engram since TTK was released decrypted into a crest of alpha lupi.

Well, hope you have better luck than me and find what you want.

I got the stag though. :D

maomaoIYP

Every exotic chest engram since TTK was released decrypted into a crest of alpha lupi.

Well, hope you have better luck than me and find what you want.

I got the stag though. :D

I haven't had much luck getting chest engram drops actually. The only 3 chests I found turned into alpha lupi's too, all for my hunter. HAHAHAHA. I'm saving the armor engrams I find now, hopefully Bungie will unlock the rest of the chest loot pool soon.

Every time I get suppressed by a Nightstalker super during Mayhem, I can't help but think of this image.
535381399e8f0.png

So does each Strike have one specific "unique" drop? Or do they have multiples? Not counting different color flayer capes.

I think only the new ones. SABER and Restorative Mind give Warlocks a helmet and gauntlets, Titans get the gauntlets from Shield Brothers and helmet from Alak-Hul, and Hunters get the cloaks from Flayers. Did I miss anything?

Also, some have weapons. Restorative Mind has a chance to drop Imago Loop.

I think only the new ones. SABER and Restorative Mind give Warlocks a helmet and gauntlets, Titans get the gauntlets from Shield Brothers and helmet from Alak-Hul, and Hunters get the cloaks from Flayers. Did I miss anything?

Here's some more:
List of strike specific rewards

Am I right in thinking this drops in the SABER (giant shank) strike?

Let's do some strikes today! I also have two sword quests ready to go as soon as Armsday drops.

maomaoIYP

Taniks gives cloak of taniks for hunters. Omnigul gives bond of omnigul for warlocks. There are also the strike exclusive weapon drops. Hunters are also supposed to get helm of krolok from a strike but it still hasn't been found yet.

Menome

I'm slowly going through this game. No need to rush.

Two weeks in and I've only done the first story mission and my new-subclass mission. Been focusing on the Subclass and Crucible quests as I'm waiting for a friend to get TTK so we can do the story together.

I decided to just skip it.

Only reason to do Nightfalls before was for exotic drops and maybe the occasionally really good legendary roll.

Now its raining legendaries in the Heroic strike playlist and most of the exotics that people don't have yet are purely from quests. Undying Mind was always a shit strike too. Always.

Definitely not my favorite strike.

I kind of wish I skipped it :| It took me 2 hours to get through it and I got some exotic Titan gauntlets I'm never going to use.

But you're right, the Nightfall is almost moot at this point because of the way loot is now. I played 5 strikes today and got 2 exotic engrams using ToC, not to mention the 3 ledgendaries. Way more efficient. Also why no XP boost anymore? That's just weird.

We should run some strikes at some point.

Kyne

I'm thinking (since they obviously aren't in the engram loot table) that the reason we should still run Nightfalls is for the exotic gear not attainable by engrams.

I could definitely be wrong though. Wish we had confirmation.

Zocano

Is it okay to dismantle old exotics?

Year 1s? No reason to really keep them. You can just buy them from the kiosk if you really want to have one. The only Year 1 gear I'm holding on to is the raid stuff and only really the armor sets and VoC and Fang of Ir Yut

Year 1s? No reason to really keep them. You can just buy them from the kiosk if you really want to have one. The only Year 1 gear I'm holding on to is the raid stuff and only really the armor sets and VoC and Fang of Ir Yut

Thanks, they were taking up space.

I decided to just skip it.

Only reason to do Nightfalls before was for exotic drops and maybe the occasionally really good legendary roll.

Now its raining legendaries in the Heroic strike playlist and most of the exotics that people don't have yet are purely from quests. Undying Mind was always a shit strike too. Always.

This took around 15 minutes. The taken version is piss easy. But yes, still zzzzz.

Nightfall is sort of a joke at this point. No reason to really do it.

Ikkarus

Let's do some strikes today! I also have two sword quests ready to go as soon as Armsday drops.
Absolutely! I want all that class specific gear, especially the void cloak!

Also I don't mind doing the sword quest either. We can just clear out the other two knights and just leave the one you need up.

Absolutely! I want all that class specific gear, especially the void cloak!

Also I don't mind doing the sword quest either. We can just clear out the other two knights and just leave the one you need up.

I've got the sword quest ready to go too

Sure, which sword do you guys need? Might be the easiest if we all need the same one, but I'm up for doing it multiple times/helping out if needed.
I have the void and solar sword ready to go.

kidko

Trying to decide on a vendor rocket launcher. Either crucible's "The Smolder" with void/ tripod/ horseshoes or vanguard's Choleric Dragon with arc and tracking, or FWC's "The Vertigo" with solar/ horseshoes.

The Smolder looks best perkwise, but it's blast radius is way smaller than the other two.

FyreWulff

PATCH DESTROY

Meh, maybe next year

I just found it pretty funny

Like I said.. different subsystems. One is changing a background formula. One is tied into the animation subsystem, which are historically a bit more complicated to change around while avoiding breaking something else in the process.

The patches also have to hitch a ride on whatever current build is in progress, and it's a waste of manpower and can cause even more breakage if you try to hotshot a separate patch in. So say a patch is being built, it may be too late to get in that patch but it'll be scheduled into the next one.

A good example is that the quickest vault expansion was just a few slots, but they were able to substantially increase the vault space by re-writing the whole UI, which was more prudent to roll into the TTK client update than a mid-cycle one.

Top Bottom