• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Fuck man.

I also noticed that when I used the Worm Rune, a 'The enemy is moving against each other..' event got cancelled out immediately.

Like I said.. different subsystems. One is changing a background formula. One is tied into the animation subsystem, which are historically a bit more complicated to change around while avoiding breaking something else in the process.

The patches also have to hitch a ride on whatever current build is in progress, and it's a waste of manpower and can cause even more breakage if you try to hotshot a separate patch in. So say a patch is being built, it may be too late to get in that patch but it'll be scheduled into the next one.

A good example is that the quickest vault expansion was just a few slots, but they were able to substantially increase the vault space by re-writing the whole UI, which was more prudent to roll into the TTK client update than a mid-cycle one.

True enough, it was just an observation though >_> I know how hard it is to make code play nice and work with each other when dispatched quickly.

Successful day! Took 3 more raid newbies and got them through in one session (with help from 2 clan mates)! Check out my reward!

Need to quickly find a different image host, but here it is on my twitter
https://twitter.com/AeroYassavi/status/649108102059429892?s=09

Awww yeah, so happy!

Also check out how badly this guy wanted that first hidden chest,extremely hilarious!
https://youtu.be/9GeeM3eUWKY

Some other cool moments from last weeks eliminations I wanted to share. Voidwalker still has it!

Nova Bomb triple down

Bloom triple down

FyreWulff

Fuck man.

I also noticed that when I used the Worm Rune, a 'The enemy is moving against each other..' event got cancelled out immediately.

True enough, it was just an observation though >_> I know how hard it is to make code play nice and work with each other when dispatched quickly.

I wonder if the No Land Beyond animation glitch will be fixed at the same time. could be something deep rooted.

Same as how I figured out it still lets you shoot single bullets like Halo.

Schryver

What's so special about it anyways? Does it beat the raid scout rifle?
Dunno about the raid one but it feels amazing. I was using Tread Upon Stars and loving it but this thing is better in almost all categories. Plus it has triple tap and firefly which are pretty amazing for pve

Gordon

omfg bungie trying to get the taken champion in rocketyard and three times in a row the "corruption subsides" before it spawns the third major, and I'm killing the first two on their spawns, and then a kill the target pub spawns and proceeds to sprint backwards through all four checkpoints in about 30 seconds while rapid-firing boomer shots at me non-stop

bullshit

Juraash

What's so special about it anyways? Does it beat the raid scout rifle?

Good stats and solid perks really. It just does good work imo. It isn't my favorite scout ever but it is a good, easy to obtain, non-exotic scout.

Personally I like Boolean and Tlaloc better but that requires commitment to an exotic primary. I also think Malice, under the right conditions, will be better as well. That said I don't have a Jade Rabbit to compare and I'm not sure about the raid scout either.

MrS

Banned
I have literally fallen asleep two nights in a row while trying to farm spinmetal for the exotic mats or whatever the fuck they're called. This is the absolute worst

MechDX

Question: the Ravensteel sparrow we got as year one players, is it supposed to go to each of your characters or just one?

Started leveling my titan and she doesn't have it. My warlock does.

Question: the Ravensteel sparrow we got as year one players, is it supposed to go to each of your characters or just one?

Check the Sparrow pad by Holliday. You might be able to pick up another one.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Once one character has it, it's in the kiosk for all characters.

maomaoIYP

I have literally fallen asleep two nights in a row while trying to farm spinmetal for the exotic mats or whatever the fuck they're called. This is the absolute worst

I did all three under an hour each. What is your route? This was mine:
The Steppes to mothyards (zig zag around this to cover the entire area) to forgotten shore, then straight back to the steppes. If at any time you realize that spinmetal isn't spawning on a full loop, it just means someone else was farming them too. Hang out there until they spawn, then resume your collection route.

Trying to get one started once we have enough people. I have a good 3 1/2 hours in me so people with some experience would help.

1. Me
2. jignx
3. nightzoor

So what's better, Ace of Spades or Hawkmoon? Trying to decide which one I should be focusing my infusing on. I only have so many exotic shards, y'know.

Gordon

Gah finally got the damn champion to spawn and 10 max blast radius rockets, all my shotgun ammo, all of my abilities, and constant crits from Lyudmila is enough to get him to like 10% health before "the corruption subsides" this game is fucking excruciating

MrS

Banned
I did all three under an hour each. What is your route? This was mine:
The Steppes to mothyards (zig zag around this to cover the entire area) to forgotten shore, then straight back to the steppes. If at any time you realize that spinmetal isn't spawning on a full loop, it just means someone else was farming them too. Hang out there until they spawn, then resume your collection route.
Rocketyard basically. Will try this later, thank you

MechDX

Remember the basics of Sparrow Hunting, MechDX. Press the Analog stick in the direction towards the ship hangar. Then press and hold the Reload button to access the sparrow screen.

This is me in the tower since TTK released:

1238512492_the-happening-wahlberg.gif

I seriously don't know where shit is or if said shit exists.

maomaoIYP

So what's better, Ace of Spades or Hawkmoon? Trying to decide which one I should be focusing my infusing on. I only have so many exotic shards, y'know.

Once you get past 300 light exotic engrams can drop at 310 light. Ace of Spades can never drop from an engram. With this in mind, my choice was clear!

Out 1

Gah finally got the damn champion to spawn and 10 max blast radius rockets, all my shotgun ammo, all of my abilities, and constant crits from Lyudmila is enough to get him to like 10% health before "the corruption subsides" this game is fucking excruciating
One word: Gjallarhorn.

GlamFM

Banned
Yesterday was a GREAT Destiny day.

-Got and maxed out my Touch of Malice
-Got my second tier 3 CoO done (one more for 47 fragments)
-Got a 310 Last Word from the NF that i used to infuse my
Raid Pulse with firefly
to 310.

Raid Loot:

-306 Rocket launcher with tracking!
-307 Gloves to replace my 303 ones
-303 Sniper with perfectionist!
-310 Chest of Alpha Lupi

Thoughts on the Raid with a Touch of Malice:

Having 3 or 4 ToM´s on our team almost trivialized the last 2 encounters. DPS is amazing and you always have sooooo much Sniper ammo to spare for the ogres.

Yesterday was a GREAT Destiny day.

-Got and maxed out my Touch of Malice
-Got my second tier 3 CoO done (one more for 47 fragments)
-Got a 310 Last Word from the NF that i used to infuse my
Raid Pulse with firefly
to 310.

Raid Loot:

-306 Rocket launcher with tracking!
-307 Gloves to replace my 303 ones
-303 Sniper with perfectionist!
-310 Chest of Alpha Lupi

Thoughts on the Raid with a Touch of Malice:

Having 3 or 4 ToM´s on our team almost trivialized the last 2 encounters. DPS is amazing and you always have sooooo much Sniper ammo to spare for the ogres.

The Touch of Malice will be a beast in Hard mode!

Zocano

I have to wonder if there will be an extra "final" boss in King's Fall

There is a platform in the abyss in the final room of the raid. Maybe we'll fight Oryx's Worm their God.

Top Bottom