• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

rc213

Fuck Chaperone Last Word and Buckshot Bruiser steps done. Gaaaaaaaaaaah

Guess I'm out of luck until next week for the actual gun?

Gordon

I did it yesterday and we had 9 people there. Was so much fun. LOL at how fast tier 1 and 2's went down.
My buddies and I try to do this every time we run CoO - sending out party invites and messages to the randoms that show up and getting them to invite our other buddies so we can have a monster fireteam. Just wish there was a more consistent way. Seems like we bump into each other in tower or other public patrol areas all the time, but reloading the instance of the court over and over for 2 hours put me into every instance except the one they were in.

Pretty sure the champions are like Light 240 or something
Hmm I'll have to give that a shot.

Out 1

Really? I figured light level would be significant in the taken champion fights so I'm running with my 295 gear (Lyudmila/4th Horseman/Choleric Dragon)

Had the same thought process initially. Gjallarhorn and a high impact sniper make those champions soloable. You can even equip year 1 heavy ammo boots for added rockets.

Siaynoqq

Stuck on one of the daily heroic strikes after having used one of the three of coins. Can anyone help? Just me and a random matchmaking dude right now. Join up on Siaynoqq.

Edit: at the boss.

Had the same thought process initially. Gjallarhorn and a high impact sniper make those champions soloable. You can even equip year 1 heavy ammo boots for added rockets.

Which makes me wonder-

If the damage you do and take is dependent on your overall light level, then theoretically doesn't that mean if your light level is high enough, you can equip a Gjallahorn with little detriment and still use it to great effect?

bitsurugi

I know it has been said many times, but still, can't stress enough how happy and proud i am to be a part of this community <3.
Not only there are many, MANY skilled people, they are also all mature, kind and funny at the same time.

On top of this, you can even get a direct feedback from the leading dev of Destiny. Thanks to Luke Smith to be active with us (i know it's not easy given the work schedule and the no disclosure clauses he probably has).

I have beaten the raid sixteen times (4 times just today) and i am still having fun and want to run the raid more times (even though i know i will not get any loot). Unlike CE or even VoG, this one is always fun to run, nearly next to no cheese and after a certain gun/gear treshold is met, it's all about execution and communication, which is all i ask from a raid.

Can't wait for KF Hard mode and ''challenge mode'' (we can all assume that given the emblem kiosks and the official AP hinting those).
Hopefully they will be challenging in a fun way and not in a bad way as HM CE was.
Will never forget after people beat HM CE (and i am talking about skilled people), it was so frustrating, that most of them said ''after i get what i want, this HM raid will never see me again''.

Can anyone help me do some CoO?

I got a new alt and I just need that artifact so I can get my light level ready for the raid.

Need to do the lvl 1, lvl 2 and lvl 3 ones.

PSN jignxs

Jinjo

Yessssss, no more Harvey Birdman hat

CQH-uhcVAAEvDay

I love the Azoth Bend gear. All Sublime Engrams go to my 'Locke. All the other PS4 exclusive gear is hideous. Although I'm glad the exclusive gear this time is actually viable. Unlike the Y1 rare/blue armor....

Firthy

Gah finally got the damn champion to spawn and 10 max blast radius rockets, all my shotgun ammo, all of my abilities, and constant crits from Lyudmila is enough to get him to like 10% health before "the corruption subsides" this game is fucking excruciating

I'm having trouble taking this guy down too! My PSN is firthy01 if you want to try and do it together.

Just finished Kings Fall for the first time. Wow. Take a bow Bungie. That was excellent. Best Raid yet. It was intense, and everyone had to pull their weight. Got a couple decent drops. Boots and the AR. Cant wait to go back.

NEO0MJ

Tried the crucible for the first time. Is it normal for low level grunts like me (I'm lv.16) to face lv.40 monsters? I felt that was unfair.

Jinjo

TO MY RAID GROUP.

Won't be back online until Thursday. Blame BT.

Gutted, was so looking forward to raiding.

Stephen made sure to pass on the message and I got the message from a friend of yours. No worries man. Sucks you were not there.
We killed all the bosses first try yesterday :D
But we'll help you whenever you get your internet back! I'm definitely good for another raid this week.

Gordon

Well that REALLY FUCKING WORKS lol thanks

Which makes me wonder-

If the damage you do and take is dependent on your overall light level, then theoretically doesn't that mean if your light level is high enough, you can equip a Gjallahorn with little detriment and still use it to great effect?
Gjally is very viable for the 240 champions. My light level is high 270s with it on so I think the heroic strike playlist just got a LOT easier lol

I'm having trouble taking this guy down too! My PSN is firthy01 if you want to try and do it together.
I would but I'm on 360 :(

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've officially got more from the Weekly Crucible Bounties than Nightfalls

what a time to be alive

(y2 hawkmoon)

DY_nasty

Tried the crucible for the first time. Is it normal for low level grunts like me (I'm lv.16) to face lv.40 monsters? I felt that was unfair.

Its about as unfair as a CoD game more or less. Damage is normalized, sub level 20 cooldowns are a bit increased, but perks create the rift.

Out 1

Which makes me wonder-

Well that REALLY FUCKING WORKS lol thanks

Gjally is very viable for the 240 champions. My light level is high 270s with it on so I think the heroic strike playlist just got a LOT easier lol

I would but I'm on 360 :(

Haven't tried it outside patrols but I bet someone already did further research. Game changer if Gjally is viable in heroic strikes (260).

Was lucky enough to get the hunter helmet yesterday, 1% hype.

It's gonna be perfect for scaring the living hell out of people in Trials with that hideous look. An up close shotty kill has never been so terrifying.

Haven't tried it outside patrols but I bet someone already did further research. Game changer if Gjally is viable in heroic strikes (260).

Yeah....I mean, in theory it should. Seeing as how the damage you do is determined by your light level. Sure each weapon type has modifiers(Impact/Range/Blast Velocity/each class of gun has modifiers pertaining to selective values), but the light level on the gun itself doesn't matter. Only your overall light level.

Bogeypop

The non-Titan finds the Titan Strike Exclusive Helmet from Alak-Hul, whereas me who was actually a Titan, does not... #SmartLoot
At least it was a fellow GAF'r who got it

Shito

The non-Titan finds the Titan Strike Exclusive Helmet from Alak-Hul, whereas me who was actually a Titan, does not... #SmartLoot
At least it was a fellow GAF'r who got it
Oh you can actually find strike exclusive armors from other classes than your own?
That is awesome if true, I expected it to be locked to your current class, makes it easier to collect them without having to juggle your alts and farm those even more than needed.

Anyone doing newbie kings fall raids?

Ive yet to set foot in there im light 293 using mostly supercell and 1000 yard stare if anyone needs one ill join.Also how do i get more runes i have a hard time getting eve a lvl 1 recripicol rune let alone dozens or lvl 2-3 ones.

Zocano

I'm not a huge fan of the Hesperos (Titan) gear but as a full set it can look really cool.

Only the Warlock helmet looks good and even then there are better ones.

Hunter easily got the best set of the three, though. That shit looks amazing

Neuroghast1.png

I'm not a huge fan of the Hesperos (Titan) gear but as a full set it can look really cool.

Ive found the hunter gloves at 300 and cloak need the rest.

To the guy above who needs help with CoO runes i can help kill stuff but i need those runes as well.

DY_nasty

Wait, so armor and weapons lose their campaign perks?

Nah. (Just the void armor if void subclass equipped type stuff)

But you'll see buffs on legendary and rare items that you just typically don't see on the lower levels. Those make a big difference.

Out 1

Yeah....I mean, in theory it should. Seeing as how the damage you do is determined by your light level. Sure each weapon type has modifiers(Impact/Range/Blast Velocity/each class of gun has modifiers pertaining to selective values), but the light level on the gun itself doesn't matter. Only your overall light level.

My guess was that attack rating matters against enemies that are your level or higher, but does not scale in low level activities like patrols. This explains why Fatebringer won't do as much damage in an Arc NF as a kinetic 280+ primary. The whole synergy between xp and light levels is still mysterious to me.

Its that time again to see who is interested in raiding.

For my UK/European GAF bros who are interested in raiding on late friday/saturday/sunday.

Friday will be around 11:30pm GMT. (maybe some US bros might be interested as its late).

Saturday will be what ever time anyone's on and ready.

Sunday will be what ever time anyone's on and ready.

Currently we have:

MandrakeUK - 3 characters, (light 302, 300, 293)
Friend (light 298)
Friend
Duebrithil - Can you please confirm availability

Anyone else interested?

Number45

Ugh, the game doesn't do a check against items you own when you go to the store does it? I have to make a note of the emblems/shaders I own when I go to the vendor to buy more?

EDIT: Also, the beginning of the daily heroic was a pain in the ass AND it's mission I haven't actually done yet! >_<

At least I know it'll be a lot easier when I get it in the story...

maomaoIYP

http://www.destinygamewiki.com/mediawiki/images/d/d1/Neuroghast1.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think the hunter set looks terrible. Not a big fan of the ipod and earphones. Warlock set looks best to me. I think Titans in general got shafted for year 2 armor, everything makes them look like a lego monstrosity.

Zocano

I think the hunter set looks terrible. Not a big fan of the ipod and earphones. Warlock set looks best to me. I think Titans in general got shafted for year 2 armor, everything makes them look like a lego monstrosity.

Titan gear was only ever good when it was raid gear (Vex, Hive, Fallen, Osiris), everything else was trash pillow armor.

edit:

Also Lost to Light is the daily again. Get your Spindles, folks.

coy

None of my foundry orders came with a great set of perks. I'll use the guns to get a better feel for them, but this week was a bust.

Phear

Yesterday was really great. Thanks everyone for raiding again. Got the Auto @304, Scout @306, Shotgun @307 and Hunter Cape @307. I dont like any of the weapons, so Bad Juju ate the Auto and Scout and went up to 305.

I am 300 now, let the 310 engrams hit the floor!

What's a good vendor shotgun to get, guys?

Two Words

I had 20 moldering shards and beat Oryx. I got a gun I already had at the same light level, a ghost I already had at a lower level, and a couple of moldering shards :/

Is it rude to chill at CoO after i use up my runes?

I usually leave after im used up but i hardly get any runes which means hardly any CoO.

Top Bottom