• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Mupod

How do you do the hammer glitch? I kept trying last night and I couldn't produce the constant hammer throws...

I can get like 10-12 hammers out but aiming them is impossible. I'm guessing there's some kind of trick to it or a turbo controller or whatever.

Ophelion

Yeah, not singling out anyone, but as someone who has friends who complain about not being able to get high level gear, I'm not seeing how folks avoid Court of Oryx.

Is it confusing? I guess it can be, but it's honestly a giant slot machine that takes in runes you find.

My 1% may be showing, but when I saw some of my friends do Skolas the other day for gear, I shook my head.

/end rant

...wat?

Nice haul today: Dark-Drinker, Raze-Lighter, two Black Spindles and the Vienna Singer ship. Thanks to all the people that helped during the day, you're awesome!

Yeah, not singling out anyone, but as someone who has friends who complain about not being able to get high level gear, I'm not seeing how folks avoid Court of Oryx.

Is it confusing? I guess it can be, but it's honestly a giant slot machine that takes in runes you find.

My 1% may be showing, but when I saw some of my friends do Skolas the other day for gear, I shook my head.

/end rant

I heard Skolas goes down in mere seconds now. Though I'm not sure what the point is.

Ophelion

I shit you not. I have no clue. I didn't say a thing about it to them either. Instead I took the to the court. AFAIK, they haven't done court since. I think the only time they do court is when I take them, which confuses me.

Well, there are also people elsewhere in the GAF sphere that insist they have no method of grouping with people in this game without matchmaking, no matter how many times DGAF people beg them to just post here in community. You can bring a horse to water...

I heard Skolas goes down in mere seconds now. Though I'm not sure what the point is.

Is there a trophy? I never did finish off Skolas. Maybe I'll put together a kill crew of my irl mates and go dust him, spit on his corpse.

sooo randoms are a nono for this sealing the blade quest anyone else doing the void sword could help me pls...
aint no way ill kill them within 30 seconds with randoms...

psn ne0ism-

I need to do the void sword as well, but I may need to level up my titan as she is only 291-light x__x. I don't know why I didn't just give all the swords to my hunter x(

Lnkn52

I shit you not. I have no clue. I didn't say a thing about it to them either. Instead I took the to the court. AFAIK, they haven't done court since. I think the only time they do court is when I take them, which confuses me.
It's okay, only 1% of RL friends play this game. No feelings hurt.

sooo randoms are a nono for this sealing the blade quest anyone else doing the void sword could help me pls...
aint no way ill kill them within 30 seconds with randoms...

psn ne0ism-

Hum.. I have the quest to kill Echtar on an Arc Sword. Cant we do it together? It has to be the same sword?

rc213

Anyone that did multiple swords on one toon do the final mission yet? Needs to be done once for all swords? Separate times depending on how many swords you have?

hydruxo

How come nobody ever told me Ace of Spades has the Last Word spin animation? Literally just flipped a shit when I was testing it out in patrol and it happened.

sogood.gif

Strider

How come nobody ever told me Ace of Spades has the Last Word spin animation? Literally just flipped a shit when I was testing it out in patrol and it happened.

sogood.gif

It's not the exact same animation tho is it?

and more importantly does it make the same sound?!

The sound the Last Word makes is heavenly

Hey the Xbox destiny GAF site was legit. What a nice and good crew last night. I am sorry I had to leave before Golgoroth.

It was such a cool group. Thank you to those who turned me on to it.

When you die, no one yells at you. No one leaves after one failed attempt.

It was a revelation..

Afrocious

Well, there are also people elsewhere in the GAF sphere that insist they have no method of grouping with people in this game without matchmaking, no matter how many times DGAF people beg them to just post here in community. You can bring a horse to water...

Is there a trophy? I never did finish off Skolas. Maybe I'll put together a kill crew of my irl mates and go dust him, spit on his corpse.

There's not even a trophy. The only reason I can see to do PoE now is to get strange coins, but you can do that on lv 28 PoE. I wouldn't waste the energy to do 35.

Really? Fucking really? Randoms fucking left. It's fucking Taniks dammit!

Someone join in and help me out with this strike.

They saw your 1% Spindle/ToM and figured you could check your privilege with Taviks by yourself.

Anyone that did multiple swords on one toon do the final mission yet? Needs to be done once for all swords? Separate times depending on how many swords you have?

The group I was with got all three done simultaneously. I finished the two swords I had on me as well. As long as you apply some sort of damage to the knights you need to 'kill' it counts.

Future

How anyone can play the strike playlist and think matchmaking is the answer to their raid problems....

Well strike playlist has issues though

People can't exit the playlist until after they see the next randomly chosen strike. That's why people exit

No lobby or required mics to encourage any communication. That's why no one communicates

No way to know what the random players intent is. They may have time for only one, or at risk to leave or whatever. No lobby or communication method to relay this to teammates

They could create a raid specific matchmaking to address these issues pretty easily I think. Bungie just is ok with the communities handling it as of now

/end rant

It is so odd seeing all the HoW/PoE content on the Reddit weekly update threads too. I took a Destiny break right before HoW launched and only played the HoW content the weekend before TTK just to get that silly triumphs emblem (I also wanted to at least experience PoE as intended before we all over level it with TTK). It was incredibly underwhelming when it was that most recent content and "best weapons." Now with TTK, why on earth would anyone set foot in that arena other than boardem or maybe some quick strange coins? All the gear is 170 tops right? And unless your buddies are some PvP elites where some HoW gear still has some crazy perks for a PvP min/max build, I don't think you need to feel 1% for shaking your head at that. Like...just run vanguard playlists , you don't even need to understand CoO to know that PoE is not where you gear up for TTK. I got more blue and purple engrams in the vanguard playlist last night in 4 strikes than I did in 20 pre-TTK.

shermas

How anyone can play the strike playlist and think matchmaking is the answer to their raid problems....

Because: if you want to raid (play for hours to finish one long quest that you know is going to take a while/be hard/require teamwork), you can find other like minded people that want to get it done.

If you play the strike playlist and get undying mind 4 out of 5 times and finally rage quit/throw the controller down instead of hopping up those goddamn steps again at the beginning of the strike, it's because you're SICK OF THE SAME STRIKE overandoverandoverandover.

If you matchmake to start a raid, you know what you're in for. If you matchmake for a strike and keep getting the same content overandoverandover, it's friggin boring, man. People quit. I get it.

MrS

Banned
Spindle been nerfed or na?

I agree with the poster who said CoO shows why raid matchmaking would suck. Playing with randoms last night was like pulling teeth

Afrocious

Yeah, after playing TTK upon returning to Destiny, I can now say matchmaking would be awful for raids in this game.

An in-game LFG tool would be sufficient, but I am convinced matchmaking for raids would be god-awful. I say this after failing a bunch of Tier 3 CoO fights with scrublets.

Anastasis

Tried helping a friend yesterday. Did daily story and PvP, got marks, told him buying the vanguard ghost would bump his light 6 points and was the way to go (his old ghost was 220). Then went to the court to help him finish Eris' quest for the 300 artifact. He wouldn't buy the ghost. He even lied about buying it to shut me up. Then a friend and I carried him through a couple of Heroic strikes where he kept getting wrecked. I want to help people out, but come on!

shermas

It is so odd seeing all the HoW/PoE content on the Reddit weekly update threads too. I took a Destiny break right before HoW launched and only played the HoW content the weekend before TTK just to get that silly triumphs emblem (I also wanted to at least experience PoE as intended before we all over level it with TTK). It was incredibly underwhelming when it was that most recent content and "best weapons." Now with TTK, why on earth would anyone set foot in that arena other than boardem or maybe some quick strange coins? All the gear is 170 tops right? And unless your buddies are some PvP elites where some HoW gear still has some crazy perks for a PvP min/max build, I don't think you need to feel 1% for shaking your head at that. Like...just run vanguard playlists , you don't even need to understand CoO to know that PoE is not where you gear up for TTK. I got more blue and purple engrams in the vanguard playlist last night in 4 strikes than I did in 20 pre-TTK.

I still have like 10 treasure keys and I haven't bothered to run the PoE at level 28, just to burn those keys and try for an exotic.

Haybro

Probably been answered, but the thread is too fast...

If I'm using black spindle on a character who hasn't had one drop yet, will it still drop during the daily?

Ophelion

Denial. Denial mostly would seem to be the answer.

Oh, also, "Well, they do it in WoW."

Yeah, well, WoW isn't a high-paced shooter, now is it? Teamwork + Technical prowess needed means you're going nowhere when grouping up with PUGlies for a raid. Nine times in ten.

Which means if Bungie were ever to give in, all those people whinging about no matchmaking would immediately start bitching about the Raids being too hard and start trying to pressure poor Luke Smith and co. to dumb down the raids so PUGs could clear them. And then the cycle begins again with us 1%ers going, "It's fine as is. Leave it alone!"

And the whiners going, "But why should I be left out just because..."

Afrocious

Game world is rebooting message. Time for nerf.

5153138+_512287fadd75da9f16be26abb4f5f916.gif

Frenden

Banned
Anyone want to help with the Chaperone quest?

I matchmade and got stuck with one AFKer. The two of us actually killing things in the strike ended up quiting after three attempts--we were down to blue bro with a sliver of health, argh.

Top Bottom