• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Sullichin

I'm extremely salty that everything is nerfed including hand cannons (minus thorn) and yet PvP shotguns are still stupid OP. PvP used to be my ultimate favorite around trials and now it's not really fun which sucks.

Try ace of spades in PVP if you haven't. It's the only handcannon post 2.0 that feels really good to me in PVP

Like whatever you prefer, lol, I'm just reading the IPA. No doubt that its a Nahuatl word. It's much closer to try and pronounce the "Tla" as one syllable too rather than someting like "Tuh-la-lock" if that makes sense.

Ultimately it doesn't matter much at all since no one's gonna be mistaking the name of this gun for any other in the game haha

It's like people pronouncing Gjallarhorn with a hard G. Or when I laughed my ass off when one of my American friends tried to pronounce the name of the 'Chanson de Geste'-shader and had no idea it was French. :lol

spyder_ur

I'm extremely salty that everything is nerfed including hand cannons (minus thorn) and yet PvP shotguns are still stupid OP. PvP used to be my ultimate favorite around trials and now it's not really fun which sucks.

Do you like getting shotgunned? Is getting hit by Hammers your favorite thing? If so crucible is for you.

I'm with you - I started to get more into PvP based on HoW but I can barely get through games now. I can't put my finger on it exactly though. The new maps don't help IMO.

Ophelion

It's like people pronouncing Gjallarhorn with a hard G. Or when I laughed my ass off when one of my American friends tried to pronounce the name of the 'Chanson de Geste'-shader and had no idea it was French. :lol

Chan-Sun Dee Gee-stee is my guess as the badwrong pronunciation based on my American brothers' tendancies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
vCYPFSL.gif

Yea this PVP meta too me just seems lame. Right now I'm hoping to get the exotic shotgun just so I can be OP as everyone else but the primaries are so boring.

I don't even know what is the ideal loadout for trials 2.0

level1

Try ace of spades in PVP if you haven't. It's the only handcannon post 2.0 that feels really good to me in PVP

This. It's got some almost pre-nerf quality range on it. You still need to switch to a shotgun whenever you enter corridors with blindspots though

Frenden

Banned

Yup. It feels like old HCs when you use Rifled. My thoughts:

Anyone else using Ace of Spades in PvP?

I've had great luck in Crucible with Ace. I had a Mark of the Unbroken in my second match--I've only gotten four ever, so I think that speaks fairly highly of the gun.

The "best" perk for me was a counterintuitive choice. Foregoing Perfect Balance for the range additive Reinforced Barrel made the gun effective at far longer ranges than any hand cannon I've used in PvP so far. Without Reinforced Barrel the Ace is already at the same range as Hawkmoon. With RB, it can engage at scout rifle-type distances. Stability is not a huge concern. The recoil pattern is very manageable. Your sights will largely have reset by the time the gun is ready to shoot again anyhow.

It may end up just being my personal preference and not a tip that carries over to all, but using Reinforced Barrel on Ace of Spades gave the gun the sort of range that I'd become accustomed to pre-hand cannon nerf. Additionally, I sorta wonder if the guns have a hidden shooting while airborne stat that differs between them. I land a lot of mid-air shots with the Ace that previously I'd either had to have been wearing Nighthawk (with its inbuilt Ikarus perk) or using a gun with Ikarus.

Ace feels like the Jewel, Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer had a baby--if you used Reinforced Barrel. I love it. It's my go-to for Crucible hand cannon-wise.

Making people explode will always be fun:

I love Stillpiercer. It and Ace are pretty fantastic paired together.

In-air shots are super viable with Ace despite not showing an Ikarus perk. I bet it has a good value for that hidden stat or something.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Knights don't have a ton of health so the boss is the main one to get low since he has a ton of HP. I'm sure you could do all 3 in one run but it's probably easier to just do two runs. Do the Arc (Sword Knight) and Solar (Flame shooting Knight) together on the first run, then do the Void (Boomer Knight) on the second run.

Having all 3 up at once is a serious pain. Arc guy is easiest to avoid although they are all very aggressive. That Void Boomer is a serious asshole.

It is very possible. We did it today, but I will say it is a huge pain. The solar knight in particular can kill you over and over.

vctor182

I don't know why but I'm finding Hawkmoon better, maybe because I didn't snipe with it before 2.0. And my Eyasluna has absurd range/stability so it feels like a pre-TTK HC

stb

Hunter/Titan chests (other than Crest of Alpha Lupi) aren't in the loot table or are acquired by other means. With the 3 of Coins farm weekend, you would of seen at least 1 person acquire the Tarantula/Lucky Raspberry on Hunter or Armamentarium/Twilight on Titan, but we have not even seen one in the wild.

I'm surprised we don't sticky this as people keep complaining about it...
Decrypting an Exotic Engram as a Hunter/Titan will nearly always be a Crest until the other items are in the loot table.

EDIT: I take that back, looking on bungie.net the dude got Twilight Garrison from an engram?

Don't bother, man. It's the "complain > have explained > ignore explanation > complain" cycle. Same thing with "smart loot, lol".

To be fair the confusion is caused by the items existing on Bnet in the official armory, and the Tarantula for example states it can be dropped in TTK or sold by Xur, and obviously neither of those things are happening. If for some reason these items aren't being made available now they shouldn't have been put up there; they may have still been datamined, but at that point people can clearly make the distinction that it's not going to be available yet in that case.

That's partially true, but it's been explained multiple times. At this point it's willful ignorance. "Empirical evidence, lol". SMH.

darknil

Is there any real reason to do NFs? I tried the S.A.B.E.R. on monday and couldn't get past the first event-like part despite running with 290s.

It is very possible. We did it today, but I will say it is a huge pain. The solar knight in particular can kill you over and over.

yeah, id do solar solo and then the other two together. there not as tough. will make the 1st run real easy and the second run just a little longer as you have to jump around the room more

GhaleonEB

Is there any real reason to do NFs? I tried the S.A.B.E.R. on monday and couldn't get past the first event-like part despite running with 290s.

XP, Vanguard / faction rep, probably legendary gear and a chance for exotics.

Still worth it, but without the weekly 20% XP boost, the case for running them if you don't feel up to it is much weaker than pre-TTK.

The loot table and rewards need an overhaul.

DocSeuss

I need to try for Black Spindle, but I have a monster of a headache and don't know how much fun I'd be. My crew couldn't hack it last time, but I'm a 297 now, so I'm hoping I can.

Any recommendations for character builds? I'm a Hunter with all subclasses maxed and most of the exotics.

phen0m24

This is the part where I beg for
a Blacksmith Shader
help with the spindle tonight.

Having watched Bogey today I see the trend. Go in there with a Night stalker or 2 and play hack and slash.

Drizzy are you fun running? X has a buddy and Scarlet is bringing Jimmy who was last seen answering the door for pizza and therefore I'm left buddy-less.

Drizzy signal activated

Chan-Sun Dee Gee-stee is my guess as the badwrong pronunciation based on my American brothers' tendancies.

Shanshown Dee Djeeste, obviously

a Blacksmith Shader

Having watched Bogey today I see the trend. Go in there with a Night stalker or 2 and play hack and slash.

Drizzy are you fun running? X has a buddy and Scarlet is bringing Jimmy who was last seen answering the door for pizza and therefore I'm left buddy-less.

Drizzy signal activated

Don't remind me of the blacksmith shader. That one still eludes me. :'(

a Blacksmith Shader

Drizzy signal activated

Last I heard Drizzy is coming! Jimmy still hasn't returned from getting that pizza though...

I'll run some spindle stuff with you if you want - I noticed you need a nightstalker :)

squadr0n

Looking for a group for the Black Spindle daily quest lost to light on PS4

PSN: sQuadon
Light Level 293 Warlock

I already know the strat, Missed it last week :(

vctor182

I need to try for Black Spindle, but I have a monster of a headache and don't know how much fun I'd be. My crew couldn't hack it last time, but I'm a 297 now, so I'm hoping I can.

Any recommendations for character builds? I'm a Hunter with all subclasses maxed and most of the exotics.

Gunslinger with celestial nighthawk:
- Needs a titan defender bubble feeder
- Nightstalker with blood bound and light of the pack

Gunslinger focus golden gun to the boss, the other two clean mobs and create orbs. The key is to always have orbs and chain supers

So I'm thinking since today is arms day I'm thinking I could just finish my ability kills for my other exotic sword ability kills and finish the quests. Nope, I have to wait until next Wednesday for this shit. This arms day shit is really stupid.

DocSeuss

Gunslinger with celestial nighthawk:
- Needs a titan defender bubble feeder
- Nightstalker with blood bound and light of the pack

Gunslinger focus golden gun to the boss, the other two clean mobs and create orbs. The key is to always have orbs and chain supers

Is it true that there's a finite number of enemy spawns, and to clear all of them before focusing on the boss?

a Blacksmith Shader

Drizzy signal activated

Yep, I'll be there! Probably can't get on before then but I'm down for the fun run.

Fucks sake :(
I got a team of 3 and we just can not do it.. fucking soul destroying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gonna be trying for my Spindle(s) and, if successful, helping others until a bit before raiding time tonight.
Is it true that there's a finite number of enemy spawns, and to clear all of them before focusing on the boss?
Not exactly. The orbs cause enemies to respawn. So killing the orbs and then all adds, there won't be any more. But then the orbs respawn at certain triggers (either boss health or just timed). So you have to repeat.

vctor182

There's a limited number of mobs that can be at the same time, yes (it's still a big number though). But if you don't destroy the bubbles first they are going to keep spawning. The thing is that as you lower the boss health more mobs will be coming (like skolas). So you need to keep them in check without forgetting about the boss.

A celestial nighthawk does a lot of damage to the boss and you can help the other two with mob killing while your super fills. Remember to have Over the horizon perk to do more damage with golden gun.

EDIT: Beaten like a Taken Psion before multiplying

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I need Nighthawk year 2. Using year 1 170 version and Golden Gun takes down so much health on the bosses. Cant imagine what a 300 Nighthawk would offer. Need to save marks now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._easymode_obtaining_the_black_spindle_exotic/

This claims that the adds spawn in waves based on the boss health, the same as skolas, so if you get to the room with six minutes left on the timer that's enough time to kill all the adds each wave and then burn the boss to the next wave.

Yep, adds are the priority. If you leave them alone to focus on the boss too much they will keep multiplying from the blights and the psions which replicate. Pick at the boss once the adds are clear then wipe out the next round, repeat until only the boss is left. He's very easy to kill by himself.

Navy Bean

Do the raid weapons do noticeable extra damage to Taken?

I have the scout, shotgun, and rocket launcher and would consider running all three to try to get the
ship
Spindle

Namikaze1

Gonna ignore the condescending post.

Forgot this happened the other day:

(raid spoiler) (seriously, when can we stop putting things behind spoiler bars?)
Y5qyS61.gif

Lol! Whoops! Forgot I had the previous OT opened on my laptop. Didn't meant to post there.

Top Bottom