• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Tecnniqe

Banned
For those of you who wonder; Why Red Bull GAF?
CQLyH1XUwAAV88S.png:large

Need i say more?
satisfied.gif

Lord Phol

Would love a try at the spindle :D, light 287 warlock! No mic hooked up atm though :x, if really needed I could get it working.

PSN LordPhol

Spindle Group 6 complete. Are tearsintherain or igordennis available? If they're not available, NoHeDidn't and El_Fenomeno please be ready as substitutes.

Bogey has now joined the ranks of DGAF Super Sherpas. such prestigious ranks that include the likes of:
Druv the sword master
Hawkian the Noob wrangler
Drizzay the Bane of Skolas
Unstable the Guardian Slayer
and now...
Bogeypop the Spindler Needler

Apologies if this was already posted but Kirk published a great Taken King review over on Kotaku today:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-the-taken-king-the-kotaku-review-1733834513

You can tell they really play and know the game unlike so much other media coverage. Love the closing paragraphs.

Kotaku Kirk said:
Over the past month I’ve often seen people refer to year-one Destiny as a “paid beta.” The implication is that players like me were suckers enough to go along with a cynical ploy to milk us for as much money as possible, voluntarily playing a bad game in order to help Bungie and their publisher Activision re-sell us a better version a year later. The Taken King, this argument asserts, is what Destiny should have been all along.

While part of me understands where those people are coming from, another part of me bristles at their argument. The Taken King could never have sprung fully-formed into the world, and its bevy of small and large improvements could never have manifested without months of noisy feedback from the game’s most devoted players. It is an argument built on fantasy logic that does disservice both to the truth of how people play games and to the truth of how people make them.

Those year-one players were not rubes who went along with a clever marketing scheme; we were passionate fans who played the shit out of a game that we loved. Yes, we often loved it in spite of itself. But we did love it. Year-one Destiny was no beta—it was a fascinating, frustrating, often jubilant and regularly beautiful shared excursion into one of online gaming’s unexplored corners. Judging by the results of its first major overhaul, it was a more successful maiden voyage than we’d realized.

Destiny has largely been defined by the pointy, passionate, often adversarial relationship between its creators and its players. The push and pull between the two has never quite reached an equilibrium, and it likely never will. After a year of missteps and half-recoveries, Bungie has found their firmest footing since last September. The Taken King’s creators have looked their players in the eye and confidently laid down a convincing vision of what Destiny has and will continue to become.

Strategy I used was to try and not die too much while watching those guys slice stuff up. Worked for me! ;)
But mainly it was Balls > Adds > Boss
Lol, nice!
I have a solar sword; in fact I'm sitting at the Tanniks teleport right now. Need two; I sent Bogey a pm but not sure when he'll get to me if ever.

Bogeypop

People I called aren't responding, so moving on down the list, are Robdraggoo or hillsighed available? If not I need Hawkian (who's coming along to learn my strats to help other folks), darknil, PrivateWHudson, or MandrakeUK on standby.

Seems a lot of people aren't responding from the Waiting List, so I'm probably going to just take whoever replies when I ask for people from now on.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Bogey has now joined the ranks of DGAF Super Sherpas. such prestigious ranks that include the likes of:
Druv the sword master
Hawkian the Noob wrangler
Drizzay the Bane of Skolas
Unstable the Guardian Slayer
and now...
Bogeypop the Spindler Needler
Damn right. He serpa'd my sorry ass through the mission last week and barely took a breath before moving onto he next group. Dude is a gawd.

Apologies if this was already posted but Kirk published a great Taken King review over on Kotaku today:

http://kotaku.com/destiny-the-taken-king-the-kotaku-review-1733834513

You can tell they really play and know the game unlike so much other media coverage. Love the closing paragraphs.

I hadnt seen that yet. its a great point. It kind of irks me when you hear comments that say, people only played Destiny year one were duped by marketing and so on. or some gaffer put it "Stockholm syndrome"

we loved the game and still love the game despite its faults. advertising, no matter how strong, cant keep someone coming back for 900+ hours.

310 1000 yard get, puts me at the 300 guardian light mark. Wohoo!

Now I'm ready to raid this week. My main Hunter is still at 298 who I spent 8x more playing time with ttk. Alts are glorious.

3rd Char / Titan is lovely at 170 and will get some love on Friday.

People I called aren't responding, so moving on down the list, are Robdraggoo or hillsighed available? If not I need Hawkian (who's coming along to learn my strats to help other folks), darknil, PrivateWHudson, or MandrakeUK on standby.

you can take me off the list Bogey! I was able
Bribe someone to
get it done. Phen0m should be home soon. dont give up on him.

Top Bottom