• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

If you have holes in your exotic collection, you could get the year one version and then buy up to year two. Another method to get those exotics. Other than that, it's for entertainment value and to help new people to experience something that most of us were also helped to experience once upon a time.

This too. Hawkmoon STILL eludes me.

Edit: AH, top page....wish i had something witty...or insightful.... or anything really...

Questions!

I didn't finish last week's Crucible Weekly Quest.

1) If I finish it this week, do I get the rewards? Will I be able to do this week's after?
2) Is this week's Crucible Weekly Quest different?

Jrmint

Has anyone gotten one of those special keys for the special chests in the Dreadnought? I've spent a lot of time on patrol there and never seen one drop or seen a friend get on. Is there some special way to get those keys? Or are they just an abnormally low drop rate.

Afrocious

Has anyone gotten one of those special keys for the special chests in the Dreadnought? I've spent a lot of time on patrol there and never seen one drop or seen a friend get on. Is there some special way to get those keys? Or are they just an abnormally low drop rate.

Yeah bunch of folks have opened them. The several keys are gotten in individual ways.

I tried 3oC in 5 attempts and nothing dropped for me. not even some damn blues.

I either got 1 in 8 heroic strikes and 1 in 5 vanguard strikes, or just 1 in those 13 strikes combined. Either way, 2/13 at best so you'll get there eventually. I'm not sure if there's a timer on the succession or not. Since I think each attempt in succession is increased. Or maybe the buff from doing strikes in a row also adds on to that.

By Timer in succession meaning, I ran a few strikes yesterday and didn't get any, each using a 3oC. If I run some today, does it continue the upgrade in % from yesterday?

I think you need a wormsinger rune or something like that to summon a boss. kill the boss and he should turn your rune into a random key

Acidote

Ok, 300l Telesto and 300l 1000 Yard Stare Get. I wish I had more glimmer to make a 300 Invective. I'll probably infuse the 310 Black Spindle into the 1000 Yard.

And I have a dire need of a higher light gloves so I can ditch the young ahamkara and equip my 294 nighthawk.

LiK

I'm not using 3oC anymore. I did a Heroic Strike last night and I got a purple chest engram from Tankis without trying and it was the DO chest. i'll let the RNG do its magic.

Rumble is such a mixed bag for me. I can either do pretty well with 1-2 others around my score, or I'll just be terrible with 2-3 absolutely dominating.
It always seems like a big gap in score between the top 2-3 vs the bottom remainder.

pyrandes

Doesnt seem like 3oC were nerfed too bad. Still viable and seemingly worth the coin investment. (lttp on this, work stuff)

Might do that this weekend and chain strikes, tho I doubt Ill get too much more out of chaining strikes, light level-wise. Hopefull itll help round out what I feel Im missing for weapons (or bring some up a bit more!)

demonkaze

Been trying to do the Taken War:petra quests and I lucked out finding randoms for the earth step but now I'm stuck on Venus as I can't seem to find anyone, anybody available to help, on PS4

Sullichin

I'm not using 3oC anymore. I did a Heroic Strike last night and I got a purple chest engram from Tankis without trying and it was the DO chest. i'll let the RNG do its magic.

Nothing in the description says that it increases legendary drops. Pretty sure it's just an exotic chance.

maomaoIYP

FWC sells the best rocket vendor rocket launcher in the game

definitely a weapon worth infusing and keeping around imo

*Shhhhh* don't let the cat out of the bag.
The only way you would have a RL better than The Vertigo would be to get a perfect Ash Factory drop from the crucible.

I've luckily not had any problems with randoms in the heroic strike playlist, Raids with lfg though? Yeesh, need a gaf team for that.

I tried an LFG team last night because everyone here was trying to get the spindle and it was terrible. People getting mad from the jump, others not saying anything, etc. We couldn't even stagger Oryx. We didn't stagger him once, not once, lol.

Been trying to do the Taken War:petra quests and I lucked out finding randoms for the earth step but now I'm stuck on Venus as I can't seem to find anyone, anybody available to help, on PS4

Pro-tip: Don't rush between zones.

from page 37 of Bungie's networking document

2pJyfmk.png

"When you approach a level transition, Destiny starts loading it and also starts matchmaking. If you hit the transition point before matchmaking finishes, it gets aborted and you end up in a solo instance.

If you're trying to kill Taken leaders without a fireteam or just want to play with others, take your time crossing that final level transition. "​

It's not a guarantee, but it helps.

Bittersweet.

1) Super happy they mainly nerfed people that use them in succession super fast ala Draksis. I only use them in Strikes so it should be unaffected for me.
2) I should have waited on the Spindle infusion and enjoy it once for the raid, but oh well! I'd rather live cautiously at my current state of the game where I have nothing over 300 and sitting at an OK 293 total light.

Down goes Draksis.

Ramirez

Anyone else socking these PVP class emblems? I have all of the Hunter ones, and just finished Striker. Defender is going to be a real treat I'm sure, heh.

Well, at least they look nice and are super rare from what I've seen.

Kyne

I want those Sonic the Hedgehog legs for titan or the armored core movement chest piece.

Xur if you fail me I swear on me mum.

SkylineRKR

Funny enough, all my most high level infusion pieces are heavies. I also have Ruin Wake and really like it - got it up to 297. Feels like the BTRD to me.

Yeah it feels almost perfect. Either a very stable Jolder or a BTRD. Also used it in Zone Control and it wrecked rather hard.

SkylineRKR

Graviton Forfeit? It looks god damn sexy but I prefer the Grasps for usefulness. However, GF + the Old Guard shader is awesome.

Black Hammer gets the White Nail.

Landing Three consecutive precision hits (nerfs) in rapid succession: White Nail, Exotic, and dropped attack value.

RdN

Guys, can you enlighten me, please?

I collected 30 frags, then did the Undying Mind and killed the Taken knight for it's essence.

But right now I have no quest. I went and collected the remaining 15, and still no quest.

What am I missing?

Top Bottom