• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

MechDX

Don't have any ghost shells that give you mats when you pick up an engram? I have one that does that for wormspore and I have about 140 right now without having to farm shit.

Did that in maybe and hour of Court after our failed Spindle runs.

Edit or do engrams just give you spore at court? Maybe it's not as good as I'm thinking...

My vanguard shell does this. I am now swimming in wormspore

Don't have any ghost shells that give you mats when you pick up an engram? I have one that does that for wormspore and I have about 140 right now without having to farm shit.

Edit or do engrams just give you spore at court? Maybe it's not as good as I'm thinking...

yes its easier now than it was before, true.

flkraven

It's fixable, though not easily. I think a great start would be rewarding hadium flakes for a beacon mission "streak" on the Dreadnaught. Like, say you do a patrol mission and complete it- just your standard reward. But now a "Mission Streak" timer of 30 seconds or something pops up on your screen. If you can start another mission before the timer expires, completing it will give you 1 hadium flake and start another timer. Grab another mission before that one expires, and completing it gets you 2 flakes. And so on, maybe capping out at 4 or 5 such that the 6th, 7th, mission etc. would continue giving you the same lower number of flakes just to keep the rate of acquisition from becoming too totally trivial. Then you can of course grab any chests you encounter along the way. Event bosses, and Court of Oryx completion, should have a chance at a flake or two as well.

These are great ideas. I would like to add that it would be cool to get flakes as a reward for finishing dreadnaught story missions on heroic difficulty. Or they should atleast diversify chest locations so you can find them throughout the story mission.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have NEVER received a yellow engram from a strike boss. Ever.

Using 3oC...?

Other ghosts do this for the other mats too, and you never need MAX light except for actually trying to get higher- so you can just swap them out based on what you need- EXCEPT for hadium flakes. It seems to be the one stubbornly-included YOU MUST STRAIGHT UP FARM THIS mat in the game.

Daemul

I don't know whether this is actually a real thing or I'm just the luckiest fucker in the world, but I think Bungie significantly upped the chance of finding a VIP patrol mission in today's patch. I was finishing the High Value Targets mission on the planets I still needed to do it on (Venus, Mars and Moon) and I managed to do the 3 VIP missions required on each planet without having to go to orbit once, it was amazing to see, especially on Venus, which is notorious for being near impossible to find VIP missions on.

Anyone else experience this?

MechDX

Using 3oC...?

Other ghosts do this for the other mats too, and you never need MAX light except for actually trying to get higher- so you can just swap them out based on what you need- EXCEPT for hadium flakes. It seems to be the one stubbornly-included YOU MUST STRAIGHT UP FARM THIS mat in the game.

I got a bounty from Eris where I had to harvest 10 wormspore. Using the ghost perk did not count towards this. My guess is they would do the same thing for other gathering quests.

Of course I just switched the ghost perk to find the spores so if oils harvest than manually :p

Just running around Venus earlier today and pick up 4 rares and a legendary.

Turned into 4 legenderies and an exotic. I'm ok with this.

96d2f7f1aa8250b3a1925521d3ae70fa.jpg

SkylineRKR

Was a hard weapon to get and they nerf it much lower than the raid sniper. Just does not make sense.

Remember the weapon that never was? The Mythoclast. It was nerfed badly like 2 weeks after it had been obtained first, and since never became all that viable outside of bounties and perhaps PvP.

Black Spindle is ofcourse different; it can just be upgraded to 310 again, but its hard to get and only when Bungie decides to pop this daily. It doesn't make sense to me either. This weapon would rightfully have the highest current stat right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
These are great ideas. I would like to add that it would be cool to get flakes as a reward for finishing dreadnaught story missions on heroic difficulty. Or they should atleast diversify chest locations so you can find them throughout the story mission.
That's a good idea too. I think they're supposed to be pretty associated with patrol but just for Heroic Dreadnaught missions would be great.
Solid post. Would be in agreement with all of it.
lol thanks, the way you snipped it makes it look like I was saying my own post that follows is an interesting post XD

I hate that Hung Jury looks so good since the scout I got as a drop is so close to it (Not like the Others), but without the really good perks making me not want to just buy another of the same type of weapon.

How is the Vanguards sniper rifle? Need a good one of those. Also where can I get a good Ghost shell? Had the same blue 275 forever and don't know if it is worth it to just buy a 280 with marks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I would just like to add my voice to the "patrol is actually not bad now" choir. VIP beacons are fun, taken beacons are like mini-quests, and the loot/rep really isn't bad. It's not a bad way to spend a bit of downtime when you don't feel like hopping into anything more intense or time consuming.

This may be a stupid question, but now that TTK is out, are many of you going back and doing VoG or Crota? Reason i ask is im the only one of my friends above 295, so im waiting on them to do Kings Fall. The raid bug is biting me though and would love to go back and do one of those if i could find a group in the next few days.

DjRalford

I've got more exotics stumbling through quests than from actually finishing them lol.

I said it yesterday, but I got 3 exotics while trying to get the fucking spindle and ship. Monte Carlo, Alpha Lupi (hunter), and some pathetic warlock helmet. Still though, its nice that FINALLY you can get great stuff by killing mobs as you should instead of praying at the rewards screen.

Yeah

2 kiosk Spindle infusions and bam

300 telesto

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I would just like to add my voice to the "patrol is actually not bad now" choir. VIP beacons are fun, taken beacons are like mini-quests, and the loot/rep really isn't bad. It's not a bad way to spend a bit of downtime when you don't feel like hopping into anything more intense or time consuming.
Word. Especially, of course, if you can snag a fireteam.

They just have to make it feel less like what you're supposed to be doing sometimes is just running around grabbing chests, and I think they'll have done a really solid job of making it into the low-key fun activity with bursts of excitement it was intended to be.

MechDX

This may be a stupid question, but now that TTK is out, are many of you going back and doing VoG or Crota? Reason i ask is im the only one of my friends above 295, so im waiting on them to do Kings Fall. The raid bug is biting me though and would love to go back and do one of those if i could find a group in the next few days.

Have the adjusted those raids to drop year 2 items ?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm still running newbie raids every week and anyone is welcome. The one on Saturday is full already but there'll be a VoG a week from today in the evening EST. Send me a PM if interested.

SkylineRKR

Same. Never get engrams for them. My best is a 285 heavy machine gun.

This was me until 2 days ago.

There is something going on with heavy. Cryptarch doesn't sell it I think and TOC never drops it. I only had a shitty 280 from a quest.

But then I got like 2 great heavies (290+ att value) in a row. A 296 Ruin Wake (which feels like Jolder, its even better I think), and the vanguard rocket launcher at 290 both with good rolls.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
FWC sells the best rocket vendor rocket launcher in the game

definitely a weapon worth infusing and keeping around imo

Xevren

I hope they end up doing something so they add the other strikes into the playlist again, add in the taken or whatever. Just want moar variety plz.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As far as i know, the have not. I cant imagine they would though.
Not for the raid drops themselves- but! 3 of coins work on Templar/Atheon/Crota... has anyone tried Deathsinger? I had thought she would but now that I hear Omnigul doesn't o_O

I can try on Sat. anyway.

Ophelion

Then as fun as those raids may be what is the point ?

If you have holes in your exotic collection, you could get the year one version and then buy up to year two. Another method to get those exotics. Other than that, it's for entertainment value and to help new people to experience something that most of us were also helped to experience once upon a time.

My answer to this is simple: you're comparing the grind of planetary mat farming which was something you needed to do constantly to upgrade gear. This is so because the acquisition of gear is ongoing, so that grind was also ongoing.

This is a one time item quest and while you may view it as unimaginative I don't agree with your view that it's a baffling repeat of something Bungie acknowledged was a mistake.

I think your alternative of grinding rep to get this is puzzling. There is so much of that in the game now where rep on a faction leads to rewards, why add this to that enormous pool? I like that it's a different activity and I don't think that everything in Destiny needs to come as a result of killing things.

I don't see it as offensive at all, and I do see it as a different activity rather than killing to fill a meter with XP to get something. The entire game does that already.

Besides, those chests that hold the flakes also encourage the exploration aspect of the game to find other things and other chests that are openened in various ways. Without the 'run around and explore' element, we'd be confined to fairly small spaces to kill things.

The exploration argument is moot. If you only needed to find as many flakes as there are chests (calcified fragments are much more in line with the exploration argument), and if they were hidden and not in caves or randomly generated in the world, then yeah sure, go explore. However, the chests are "hidden" exactly the same way all the other chests were on other planets...in caves/rooms. Woo, thrilling exploration! To top it off, you don't even get to sparrow on the Dreadnaught.

At no point are there 25 chests available through exploration without looping. You get 25 by farming the same 5 or so, 5 times minimum.The sword is an awesome weapon, and loop farming is not an awesome,fun or rewarding way to unlock it. Its not that it is hard, time consuming or exhausting. The problem is that it's a really lame progress gate that doesn't enhance the complexity or satisfaction of the sword quest, and Bungie is capable of way better. You want to see a cool progress gate? Look no further than Black Spindle. That is awesome design. Mat farming was really poor game design when it arbitrarily slowed down the upgrading of all of our gear in early vanilla and it is still crappy unimaginative game design now that it temporarily prolongs the acquisition of swords.

Top Bottom