• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

sikkinixx

What sword should I create? I won't be running my 2nd character through the content for a long while yet so I won't get another one for a bit.

Strider

I just reached 280 last night and I feel the same way. people telling me I'm still too weak for raid. it hurts.

What weapons do you have? As long as those are decent you'd be fine for a few checkpoints at least and you'd probably get drops during that would help your level

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
299 light get, and never did the raid!

got blue 300 boots somehow

black spindle made my 1k yard stare 308, and just got the exotic sword.

I like the theory that Toax is actually a The Speaker. We never see his face and Taox may have undergone a male morph like Aurash did to become King Auryx/Oryx.

Also, apparently Taox was always seen accompanying the Travaler during the early days when the Traveler began his flee from the Hive/Krill home world. I'm sure someone already shot it down though.

I wanna keep thinking that
Eris
is just a weirdo and
not evil

but it would be cool to see something like that come up in a future expansion. but id pretty dissapointed in another
hive
expansion.

Kyne

I've got one of these from last week that dropped for me and haven't touched it. Dropped at 290 with Surrounded, Zen Moment, & snapshot/hand loaded. Been meaning to get around to using it, but bought into the Hung Jury hype.

edit: Can Xur sell weapons? I know he didn't last week but the Armory makes it sound like he can.

he'll alternate between armor engrams and weapons every week.

ocean

Banned
Okay, enough of this discussion of behind-the-scenes mechanical boringness!

Books of Sorrow readers:

Is there any chance that
Eris Morn is Taox
?

No one really seems to know much about her, and she has all this intimate knowledge about Hive. I forget, I know that Ikora trusts her, but does she claim to have seen/known her before her mission to kill Crota? Maybe she wasn't being totally honest about how she got the whole hivey-eye business?
I considered this.

But TTK makes me believe she is an Awoken with her interactions and secret mission with the Queen. The end of the Regicide mission was rather ambiguous I feel. Her tone conveyed strange intentions. But maybe that's in my head.

KevinG

Do quests. Do court. Do heroic strikes.

I'm working on quests, but they're no fun solo. Been playing heroic strikes because that's all my reliable fireteam is usually up for anyway.

Haven't messed with the Court stuff, as I'm not familiar with the mechanics at all.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I really am struggling to find a primary above 293. Anything obvious I'm missing or do I just need to keep grinding the raid?

RdN

Guys, can you enlighten me, please?

I collected 30 frags, then did the Undying Mind and killed the Taken knight for it's essence.

But right now I have no quest. I went and collected the remaining 15, and still no quest.

What am I missing?

Anyone else socking these PVP class emblems? I have all of the Hunter ones, and just finished Striker. Defender is going to be a real treat I'm sure, heh.

Well, at least they look nice and are super rare from what I've seen.
Can't you only earn one at a time? I have the quest for Voidwalker, but I want the Stormcaller one.

Lee

Okay, enough of this discussion of behind-the-scenes mechanical boringness!

Books of Sorrow readers:

Is there any chance that
Eris Morn is Taox
?

No one really seems to know much about her, and she has all this intimate knowledge about Hive. I forget, I know that Ikora trusts her, but does she claim to have seen/known her before her mission to kill Crota? Maybe she wasn't being totally honest about how she got the whole hivey-eye business?

Taox, ultimately, was just another krill (pre-hive), and as such has a short lifespan. She was basically a refugee or informant for the coalition of moons (Sky). Unless she has a ghost (don't change appearances as far as we know) or a worm (doesn't make sense), she's long dead by now. I believe it's more likely that Oryx's worm is using Taox and the memory of his murdered father to manipulate him. I

matmanx1

Opinions on the new Hakke pulse rifles for anyone who got them yesterday from Banshee.

I got both the Lyudmila (high impact tier) and the Herja-D (mid impact) and I picked the variant with counterbalance both times. So far I am not feeling the Lyudmila but I definitely dig the Herja-D, especially fully upgraded. The only downside I am seeing is the slightly limited range but it has high stability and shoots very quickly.

SkylineRKR

I really am struggling to find a primary above 293. Anything obvious I'm missing or do I just need to keep grinding the raid?

Strikes, Court, whatever nets you a lot of engrams. I eventually got 296 weapons, and a 299 HC from a package when I was still below 290.

Posting for visibility from pages and pages ago:

DGAF King's Fall Blind Raid! It's looking like Friday, most likely... what time is best for people that didn't reply about their time, yet? I'm hoping early Friday especially with a UKer but let's see what everyone can do!

I just want to get confirmation from everyone except Frenden, because it seems there might be another person or 2 here that would like to join in. Also to setup a time once everyone lists their available.

1) xplicitone (open to any time)
2) Frenden (open to any time)
3) Pyrandes
4) Rehsa / Moridhin
5) darkshodan / darkshodan84
6) achamian / cptsupermarket (UK time)

alt) xir?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like the theory that Toax is actually a The Speaker. We never see his face and Taox may have undergone a male morph like Aurash did to become King Auryx/Oryx.

Also, apparently Taox was always seen accompanying the Travaler during the early days when the Traveler began his flee from the Hive/Krill home world. I'm sure someone already shot it down though.
That's a fascinating theory, but isn't
The Speaker supposedly an Exo? The Exo were built during the Golden Age, which is much later than the time of the Proto-Hive even if it is prior to the Collapse. Or.... am I just imagining that he's an Exo? Now I'm totally second-guessing that.
seems to describe
her
pretty well. where is the book of shadows?
Trying to find the link to where I read them, it was in a great format.

Opinions on the new Hakke pulse rifles for anyone who got them yesterday from Banshee.

I got both the Lyudmila (high impact tier) and the Herja-D (mid impact) and I picked the variant with counterbalance both times. So far I am not feeling the Lyudmila but I definitely dig the Herja-D, especially fully upgraded. The only downside I am seeing is the slightly limited range but it has high stability and shoots very quickly.

Interesting. I was mad that I missed out on Lyudmila this week since I like high impact things more. Herja is available again this week though so may go for it then.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
Posting for visibility from pages and pages ago:

DGAF King's Fall Blind Raid! It's looking like Friday, most likely... what time is best for people that didn't reply about their time, yet? I'm hoping early Friday especially with a UKer but let's see what everyone can do!

I just want to get confirmation from everyone except Frenden, because it seems there might be another person or 2 here that would like to join in.

1) xplicitone (open to any time)
2) Frenden (open to any time)
3) Pyrandes
4) Rehsa / Moridhin
5) darkshodan / darkshodan84
6) achamian / cptsupermarket (UK time)

alt) xir?

ah, that's sweet by i have a dr. appointment

Afrocious

I'm working on quests, but they're no fun solo. Been playing heroic strikes because that's all my reliable fireteam is usually up for anyway.

Haven't messed with the Court stuff, as I'm not familiar with the mechanics at all.

Court is basically a fun Prison of Elders. You use three kinds of runes to initiate a public event where you'll have to fight a boss encounter. You win, and you'll get treasure. You fail, you keep your rune until you try again.

There's Reciprocal, Stolen, and Antiquated runes. You need to win 3 Reciprocal Rune battles to charge 1 Stolen to be used. You need to win 3 Stolen Rune battles to charge one Antiquated rune.

Antiquated runes never rotate battles - they're always the same fight. This week, you're fighting Crota's Number 1 fan.

I wish there was just a book of the lore. sifting through the grimoire cards is a chore. Something is definitely up with eris though, did anyone look further into he Caydes playing cards thing?

That Fear's Embrace was PURE SHIT!

it wasn't difficult skill wise or mechanically; they threw you in a small area with a boss and nearly every taken enemy you faced, and that wasn't hard enough fire from the ceiling and poison from the ground? FoH with that bungie, thank heavens for defender titans

Afrocious

it wasn't difficult skill wise or mechanically; they threw you in a small area with a boss and nearly every taken enemy you faced, and that wasn't hard enough fire from the ceiling and poison from the ground? FoH with that bungie, thank heavens for defender titans

Now do the heroic version lul

Has the 310 Hammer 2.0 been patched?

No. You're still OP for now.

Frenden

Banned
That's a fascinating theory, but isn't
The Speaker supposedly an Exo? The Exo were built during the Golden Age, which is much later than the time of the Proto-Hive even if it is prior to the Collapse. Or.... am I just imagining that he's an Exo? Now I'm totally second-guessing that.

Trying to find the link to where I read them, it was in a great format.

I don't think we know what
the Speaker is. Hmm. Did I miss a big plot point on that?

You forgot fire from the ground too... Plus those black balls that drain your light if you get close... yeah.

Any interest in forming a group for a Daughters/Oryx clear? I'm sitting the on the Daughters CP, would love to be able to clear out the raid. Vets and nubs alike are welcome, but ~290+ light is preferred. I'd really like to be able to clear it!

PSN - rolyreyes

It feels stupid. Thankfully you can clear between phases after killing orbs.

Just had a thought. Now that almost everyone has an equitable sword, does that mean EVERYONE can cross the bridge in Crota's End at once now by jumping and swinging across? Someone more skilled with me should try it (disclaimer: i cant do it with the normal sword)

ocean

Banned
I wanna keep thinking that
Eris
is just a weirdo and
not evil

but it would be cool to see something like that come up in a future expansion. but id pretty dissapointed in another
hive
expansion.
Its looking more and more like Hive are the Darkness which follows the Traveler around. Or that it's the Worm gods looking to shape the universe by cutting the weak and thus the Hive through proxy.

The current setup suggests the Fallen were also victim to the Hive and just came here trying to reclaim the Traveler for protection. It abandoned them as it would have abandoned us had Rasputin not nuked the Traveler's face off to force it into staying with us.

This is speculation but it's the best explanation I've seen so far of all the lore combined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...mewhat_comprehensive_guide_to_the_origins_of/

Afrocious

Just had a thought. Now that almost everyone has an equitable sword, does that mean EVERYONE can cross the bridge in Crota's End at once now by jumping and swinging across? Someone more skilled with me should try it (disclaimer: i cant do it with the normal sword)

GAF should confirm this on the Tier 3 rune fight. If so, this will be the most hilarious Court.

Any interest in forming a group for a Daughters/Oryx clear? I'm sitting the on the Daughters CP, would love to be able to clear out the raid. Vets and nubs alike are welcome, but ~290+ light is preferred. I'd really like to be able to clear it!

PSN - rolyreyes

I'd really like to do this tonight. I have yet to beat those as well. I'm 299 Hunter. PSN:androo2300

These swords are not nearly as effective for horizontal movement in the air as the Crota sword or Bladedancer so I doubt it would be possible. If it was it would be extremely difficult.

Kyne

I take it you don't have a sword?

Swing animation was changed. Probably to avoid what you just said.

edit: you already knew you couldn't!

deoee

Dayum, I infused my Hereafter with the 310 BS and it only turned out to 306 :(

I did not think that going from 299 would make "such" a difference

I take it you don't have a sword?

Swing animation was changed. Probably to avoid what you just said.

Well thats disappointing. Like i said, i was never very good with the sword in CE. Never could get across the bridge other than running across it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Taox, ultimately, was just another krill (pre-hive), and as such has a short lifespan. She was basically a refugee or informant for the coalition of moons (Sky). Unless she has a ghost (don't change appearances as far as we know) or a worm (doesn't make sense), she's long dead by now. I believe it's more likely that Oryx's worm is using Taox and the memory of his murdered father to manipulate him. I
Oooh, I think that's a trap.

As a sterile Mother (krill that would never bear offspring and thus became a teacher) she had an unusually long lifespan for the species to begin with, flees and then and then just within the Books of Sorrow alone she is in cryo-stasis for 24,000 years (!), then helps the Ecumene launch an all out genocide on the Hive which fails, flees again, and the Hive lose track of her. We don't know quite when the story of the Hive begins to match up with humanity and the Collapse, but we know that Crota is out and about causing havoc on the Moon within the text of the Books.

I considered this.

But TTK makes me believe she is an Awoken with her interactions and secret mission with the Queen. The end of the Regicide mission was rather ambiguous I feel. Her tone conveyed strange intentions. But maybe that's in my head.
She can't be an Awoken by birth... unless you're implying the Awoken all come from proto-Hive? O_O

edit: Oh wait, you mean Eris not Taox. Got it. Hmm.

Top Bottom