• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Acidote

Been trying to do the Taken War:petra quests and I lucked out finding randoms for the earth step but now I'm stuck on Venus as I can't seem to find anyone, anybody available to help, on PS4

Add me: Acidote

I have to do that quest too. No mic for a while though.

Sullichin

I'm sure I can't, but..can I get a field test weapon on another character and move it to one I've already tested the weapon on for more gunsmith rep?

Afrocious

I've never been too much of a pulse rifle user until I got an Apple of Discord around the first day of TTK.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?item=1329166757&itemname=Apple of Discord

Mine has Headseeker (body shots increase the damage of precision shots) and Feeding Frenzy (kills increase reload speed).

This thing has been reliable as I don't know what. It feels like the battle rifle from Halo 2, and I can take it anywhere and do work. It was fitting it was one of my first legendary drops in TTK and I infused it to where I used it in King's Fall.

Strider

Graviton Forfeit? It looks god damn sexy but I prefer the Grasps for usefulness. However, GF + the Old Guard shader is awesome.

Yes that one. The one that gives shade step.

It's not even about usefulness I just want it because I like the way it looks and the dodge looks fun.

Sullichin

2 melees.

Which means 2 invis smoke bombs. Pair that up with Monte Carlo.

Yeah I really want these because vanish in smoke is amazing.

Having shadestep for free with Graviton is nice, but I actually really don't like the Keen Scout perk. It totally messes me up having two reticles on my screen.

neoism

Questions!

I didn't finish last week's Crucible Weekly Quest.

1) If I finish it this week, do I get the rewards? Will I be able to do this week's after?
2) Is this week's Crucible Weekly Quest different?

pretty sure you have to do all 5 this week its not worth it though.. i did the ones shaxx had and only got 10 S coins... does anyone know do you get anything from doing the 4 the crucible weaponsmaster has... skipped them really dislike win 3 games with a certain weapon... bounties..

SkylineRKR

Oh that. I have that, but I really like the advanced radar/tracking so I just use the Gravitons. :3

Double invis bombs and Monte Carlo is really nice though.

Yeah GF is great too. I also use Radar and still the awesome sidestep. I have to say I like the new Hunter exotics. But HoW already made great progress with Celestial and Bones.

Shito

Having shadestep for free with Graviton is nice, but I actually really don't like the Keen Scout perk. It totally messes me up having two reticles on my screen.
I agree with the two reticles thing.
In patrol it is OP as fuck, though, never understood your farming complaints guys. :D

LiK

I've unlocked 6 new shaders so far and I don't like any of them. sticking with Old Guard for the blackness.

Trace

Banned
12017437_514100412078474_7148925151404496319_o.jpg

Now I just need some more three of coins to grab a 310 exotic and I should be 305.

Woooooo

Strider

What's the point of buying from Xur if the item is 280? Better off spending it all on engrams that could be 310. If you're above 300 like me that is.

Some of us don't have that many strange coins to blow on engrams.

I spent all my extra coins on the helmet engram last week in hopes to get that one but I didn't get lucky.

But tbh I'd take a 280 of a guaranteed item I know I want over a gamble. I have plenty I can infuse with

Kyoufu

pretty sure you have to do all 5 this week its not worth it though.. i did the ones shaxx had and only got 10 S coins... does anyone know do you get anything from doing the 4 the crucible weaponsmaster has... skipped them really dislike win 3 games with a certain weapon... bounties..

If I thought Nightfalls weren't worth doing after getting Strange Coins my first time then...

Ramirez

Keen scout is so good in PVP, but I find the last tree for NS to be overall pretty terrible. The roll is alright, but I rarely ever use it in any real practical sense.

Ophelion

What's the point of buying from Xur if the item is 280? Better off spending it all on engrams that could be 310. If you're above 300 like me that is.

Kinda answered your own question there, I think. If you're not already at such a point that buying from xur is basically just a frivolity, then you buy from xur. Otherwise, you can get engrams or 3oC. Either way, there's a little something for everybody and the nine keep getting their strangely vibrating coins to do...what with? Do we want to know?

Sullichin

What I want from Xur:
Zhalo Supercell
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps

It's not gonna happen. :(

Keen scout is so good in PVP, but I find the last tree for NS to be overall pretty terrible. The roll is alright, but I rarely ever use it in any real practical sense.

Increased radar resolution and sprint speed is wonderful. I hate having a reticle for marked enemies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, enough of this discussion of behind-the-scenes mechanical boringness!

Books of Sorrow readers:

Is there any chance that
Eris Morn is Taox
?

No one really seems to know much about her, and she has all this intimate knowledge about Hive. I forget, I know that Ikora trusts her, but does she claim to have seen/known her before her mission to kill Crota? Maybe she wasn't being totally honest about how she got the whole hivey-eye business?

KevinG

Am I better off buying engrams from Xur as opposed to guaranteed things for me class?

I've been burned by exotic engrams too many times and have nothing to show for my class (Hunter). Frustrating.

Kyoufu

#XurWishlist

Ruin Wings
Ruin Wings
Ruin Wings

Am I better off buying engrams from Xur as opposed to guaranteed things for me class?

I've been burned by exotic engrams too many times and have nothing to show for my class (Hunter). Frustrating.

Depends on how many coins you can burn. If you have an abundance of them then it's worth gambling. If not, then probably not.

neoism

Pro-tip: Don't rush between zones.

from page 37 of Bungie's networking document

2pJyfmk.png

"When you approach a level transition, Destiny starts loading it and also starts matchmaking. If you hit the transition point before matchmaking finishes, it gets aborted and you end up in a solo instance.

If you're trying to kill Taken leaders without a fireteam or just want to play with others, take your time crossing that final level transition. "​

It's not a guarantee, but it helps.

mind blown probably why there is always not one is my patrol games..

what could xur bring tomorrow that id be excited about?.........
I honestly have no clue, what weopons other than Y2 versions could he bring

LiK

if you really want that gear, just buy it. engrams aren't worth gambling if you don't have a lot of coins.

Ramirez

What I want from Xur:
Zhalo Supercell
Sealed Ahamkara Grasps

It's not gonna happen. :(

Increased radar resolution and sprint speed is wonderful. I hate having a reticle for marked enemies.

For PVE yea, but being able to see exactly how an enemy is moving on you is borderline broken in PVP, lol.

SkylineRKR

Roll and then shadowshot is sort of bad ass. But I tend to forget the roll a lot, its not in my system yet. Though its handy for quick getaways or finding cover.

As for the Graps, I have it with Heavy weapon loader. I don't know if its a fixed perk but its awesome as fuck.

Afrocious

You're searching for exotics? Dunno what to tell you :(

I've gotten stuff for both Hunters and Titans, but I mostly get Warlock exotic stuff.

LTWood12

I've never been too much of a pulse rifle user until I got an Apple of Discord around the first day of TTK.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Armory/Detail?item=1329166757&itemname=Apple of Discord

Mine has Headseeker (body shots increase the damage of precision shots) and Feeding Frenzy (kills increase reload speed).

This thing has been reliable as I don't know what. It feels like the battle rifle from Halo 2, and I can take it anywhere and do work. It was fitting it was one of my first legendary drops in TTK and I infused it to where I used it in King's Fall.

I've got one of these from last week that dropped for me and haven't touched it. Dropped at 290 with Surrounded, Zen Moment, & snapshot/hand loaded. Been meaning to get around to using it, but bought into the Hung Jury hype.

edit: Can Xur sell weapons? I know he didn't last week but the Armory makes it sound like he can.

X-Frame

Books of Sorrow readers:

Is there any chance that
Eris Morn is Taox
?

No one really seems to know much about her, and she has all this intimate knowledge about Hive. I forget, I know that Ikora trusts her, but does she claim to have seen/known her before her mission to kill Crota? Maybe she wasn't being totally honest about how she got the whole hivey-eye business?

I like the theory that Toax is actually a The Speaker. We never see his face and Taox may have undergone a male morph like Aurash did to become King Auryx/Oryx.

Also, apparently Taox was always seen accompanying the Travaler during the early days when the Traveler began his flee from the Hive/Krill home world. I'm sure someone already shot it down though.

Books of Sorrow readers:

Is there any chance that
Eris Morn is Taox
?

seems to describe
her
pretty well. where is the book of shadows?

KevinG

Depends on how many coins you can burn. If you have an abundance of them then it's worth gambling. If not, then probably not.

if you really want that gear, just buy it. engrams aren't worth gambling if you don't have a lot of coins.

I've just been stuck at light in the 260 range for a few days and tired of not feeling competent with my fireteam in the 290s.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Got mine from the story rewards and have been raising it up to be my Warlock's go-to. Great gun, sold me on Hakke after an initial reluctance.

LiK

I've just been stuck at light in the 260 range for a few days and tired of not feeling competent with my fireteam in the 290s.

I just reached 280 last night and I feel the same way. people telling me I'm still too weak for raid. it hurts.

SkylineRKR

Got mine from the story rewards and have been raising it up to be my Warlock's go-to. Great gun, sold me on Hakke after an initial reluctance.

Dismantled mine, then got a 294 drop back yesterday. From a blue.

Its good. But I think I would want one with a stability buff. It seems to move all over the place. Mine does have auto fire though.

Top Bottom