• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

maomaoIYP

So I've been doing some thinking about how PvP has changed for better and worse with 2.0 and felt like writing it up for you guys, so here we go.

So I took some time away to recollect my thoughts and settle back down into the game stress free. I've mentioned before that it felt as though I was being left behind despite having played the game daily, so I wanted to move at my own pace to find my perspective. I caught the quoted post above the other day and wanted to offer my point of view.

Managed to read both these posts. I agree with the bits on resource RNG farming again, I'm not a fan and I'm not entirely sure I will ever get the ToM because I can't give a fart about farming for flakes. I did manage to get all the stuff for 3 exotic swords reasonably fast, while blasting some 80s tunes to distract myself from the tedium.

I'm a big fan of PvP as well. I'm not too upset about the current weapon meta, or even the quests that need to be done in PvP. The game has been out for 2 weeks, players will inevitably be done with those shitty quests. But the fact remains is that there is no incentive for most players to play PvP outside of the daily and weekly playlist. I am assuming that Bungie thinks that the incentive for players to use year 2 equipment in crucible would be for rewards having a light level comparable to your light level, but the rewards are still way too random, and too few. If players can play strikes for guaranteed rewards, there's no need to play crucible at all. Rocket ammo in PvP has been nerfed considerably, and I'm sure swords will play a much bigger role. But until they realize that the reward for playing crucible is basically non-existent, myself and players who care about winning in crucible will stick to our year 1 hopscotch/matador/radegast fury.

Current weapon meta will be sorted out as time progresses, I'm just glad thorn/TLW/hawkmoon dominance is gone. They were overpowered, game breaking and boring. I feel that HCs are still viable, just not in the same way that we were used to in year 1.

That being said, I hated the Shaxx crucible quest because it was way too long for basically no reward. However now that I have unlocked his weekly bounties I'm enjoying crucible considerably more. The NF rewards are shit and I don't really care about those, but I like having to try and get 6 kills in a winning game with a weapon that I'm not used to. It gives me an incentive to hunt for, try out and test weapons and with different perk combinations. I find that entertaining, for now.

kidko

Curious to try the spindle fight. Might do a quick solo run to get an idea of what it is then get back here for a group

Wilde

Anyone need to run (or want to help with) the Solar exotic sword strike?

I'll be running it on my Titan pretty soon.

ZW33.

GutZ31

Alright guys, I am back from a long day and will be adding people again shortly to the Destiny GAF Community that have PMed me.

If you have already entered the Community and are finding notifications popping up too frequently, go to your System settings, Notifications, and uncheck Communities.

I will be giving modship to a few that asked for the
pain
honor.
If you are modded, please help with the filtering, and ask to be PMed confirmation of GAF registration to take some of the load off the other mods.
Thank you all for your interest in joining, and hope to accept all that apply.

Haha running around finishing that test weapon you see nothing but blueberries hungry for captain kills. At least I'm done on this character for the week now.

stb

Spindle Group 11(?) Complete. stb and Dave_6 are next. Mutanthands and RunningRiot are on standby if the former are no-shows. I think now is a good time to close the Waiting List as there are close to 20 people on it. If people from the Waiting List don't show up or have to cancel for some reason I'll start grabbing from the thread.

Bogey's a damn ninja!

Spindle + Vienna singer acquired, with a minute to spare. Thanks a ton!

Bogeypop

Spindle Group 12(?) Complete. RunningRiot and Rehsa are up. If they're not available then Mutanthands or Sentient are replacements.

maomaoIYP

Hand Cannons were anything but boring. I do not like this stay-on-the-ground-and-strafe meta.

I'm not sure what I expected but it looks like that sentiment isn't shared anywhere.

Oh well. Halo 5 is around the corner.
Nah, I think I'm the exception rather than the norm. I was just not a fan of feeling forced to use thorn/TLW/hawkmoon in order to stay competitive. I was consistently getting outshot across the map by TLW players when I was using a pulse. It was frustrating. I enjoyed playing with guns like Up the Ante or the Revelator.
That aerial combat thing you do - you do realise that most players can't play at your level right? Most players only did the strafe and shoot thing with HCs. Your play style is absolutely groovy and I've been trying to learn from your videos.

Ophelion

Alright, dinner's all finished. Back to Spindle Sherpa'ing. El_Fenomeno and Ophelion are up. hillsighed and BLCKATK are on standby if the former cannot make it. Anyone else who hasn't done so already feel free to send me a PM if you want to get on the waiting list.

http://www.twitch.tv/boogiepop

I got pulled into another group right away that was Spindling so I didn't get to say this sooner, but thank you, sir. I very much so appreciate the Sherpa.

Top Bottom