• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Nah, I think I'm the exception rather than the norm. I was just not a fan of feeling forced to use thorn/TLW/hawkmoon in order to stay competitive. I was consistently getting outshot across the map by TLW players when I was using a pulse. It was frustrating. I enjoyed playing with guns like Up the Ante or the Revelator.
That aerial combat thing you do - you do realise that most players can't play at your level right? Most players only did the strafe and shoot thing with HCs. Your play style is absolutely groovy and I've been trying to learn from your videos.

That's the exotics which could have easily been toned down. Legendary hand cannons were never as viable as pulse rifles are now

Nah, I think I'm the exception rather than the norm. I was just not a fan of feeling forced to use thorn/TLW/hawkmoon in order to stay competitive. I was consistently getting outshot across the map by TLW players when I was using a pulse. It was frustrating. I enjoyed playing with guns like Up the Ante or the Revelator.
That aerial combat thing you do - you do realise that most players can't play at your level right? Most players only did the strafe and shoot thing with HCs. Your play style is absolutely groovy and I've been trying to learn from your videos.

To respond to the earlier comment, I wouldn't say The Last Word being nerfed is what's bothering me. No other gun in the game can do what it can do, but I don't mind using another competent Hand Cannon. I rocked the Ace of Spades today and I liked it.

I just don't like what everyone else is using because they're all better than Hand Cannons. The PvP is dead to me.

GutZ31

Wow there's a lot of GAFfers. If any else needs to get in the DGAF PSN community, send me a PM with your PSN.
Thanks for taking some of the stack of applications, they pile up fairly quick depending on time of day.
iRAWRasaurus has done fantastic in running his roll as filter defense to Destiny GAF on PS4, and I am sure you will do the same.

Thanks again to everyone joining, we are at 280+ and climbing!

c4jt321.png

Can't raid because we're all crashing.

Avixph

To respond to the earlier comment, I wouldn't say The Last Word being nerfed is what's bothering me. No other gun in the game can do what it can do, but I don't mind using another competent Hand Cannon. I rocked the Ace of Spades today and I liked it.

I just don't like what everyone else is using because they're all better than Hand Cannons. The PvP is dead to me.
I think bungie really needs to undo all the accuracy nerfs they hit hand cannons with and maybe buff the range a bit, not on the exotic three though. Right now it feels like half the bullets disappear even when I'm shooting directly at the person.

stb

so we're supposed to:
1) get 310 black spindle
2) get a few 300 black spindles out of the kiosk
3) infused our best sniper (1k yard stare) with the 300 BSes until that sniper is 300
4) infuse the 1k yard stare with the 310 BS to net a ~308 1k yard stare

Right?

taco543

so we're supposed to:
1) get 310 black spindle
3) infused our best sniper (1k yard stare) with the 300 BSes until that sniper is 300

Right?

Yes!

I think bungie really needs to undo all the accuracy nerfs they hit hand cannons with and maybe buff the range a bit, not on the exotic three though. Right now it feels like half the bullets disappear even when I'm shooting directly at the person.

It goes back to their "every weapon has its age" philosophy which is just wrong on a fundamentally basic level. The game should not be intentionally unbalanced for seasons.

Ophelion

so we're supposed to:
1) get 310 black spindle

Right?

Thought the idea was going to be save a pocket gun infused with the 310 till after the nerf so you can re-infuse the Spindle back up to near pre-nerf levels?

I'm alive again.

Anyone like to run the daily with me(297 titan) and a lower level light level friend(267)? I've done it before and am going to try my friend through it, in about 10 minutes or so.

Avixph

It goes back to their "every weapon has its age" philosophy which is just wrong on a fundamentally basic level. The game should not be intentionally unbalanced for seasons.
That's why this game will never have a competitive scene, they don't know how to balance anything.

stb

Thought the idea was going to be save a pocket gun infused with the 310 till after the nerf so you can re-infuse the Spindle back up to near pre-nerf levels?

Mmm. That rings a bell.

Can anyone confirm this? I wanna make sure I don't waste this.

I've been playing PvP since day 1. I remember when Suros Regime was #1. I loved that weapon and I considered myself better than average with it. After TDB came out, I quit Destiny for 5 months. When I came back ARs were trash. PvP was meaningless to me. I hated Thorn. Over time I got used to it. I got good with it. I enjoyed PvP again.

What I'm saying is, you need to find a new gun you like. You have to evolve with the game. Bungie will keep changing it and getting hung up on one gun will never work.

"A donation"? WTF is that shit?

Yea sad part is im considering instead of wasting hours trying like last time so i can be done with it and eat some dinner and watch a movie with the wife.Again if i can tag along with anyone on spindle quest id appreciate it and i will help ahyway i can in return.

Psn is legendkilla3rd im on now just farming helium.

DeaDPo0L84

Hi guys, so im at the last step in order to get the Void Exotic Sword. I figured it would be really useful if I could have two other people who need the exact same sword done. Ill need 2 at the moment, my psn is Deadpool_jlp.

I've been playing PvP since day 1. I remember when Suros Regime was #1. I loved that weapon and I considered myself better than average with it. After TDB came out, I quit Destiny for 5 months. When I came back ARs were trash. PvP was meaningless to me. I hated Thorn. Over time I got used to it. I got good with it. I enjoyed PvP again.

What I'm saying is, you need to find a new gun you like. You have to evolve with the game. Bungie will keep changing it and getting hung up on one gun will never work.

I have guns that I like but I'm not going to play PvP until the things I mentioned are change.

Hi guys, so im at the last step in order to get the Void Exotic Sword. I figured it would be really useful if I could have two other people who need the exact same sword done. Ill need 2 at the moment, my psn is Deadpool_jlp.

I'm at light level 291(just found gear to break 290 XD), and am looking to finish the Void one as well. Will I make the cut?

DocSeuss

I don't understand how to kill enough adds. I'm 297. This should not be so challenging.

sigh.

A friend at a similar light level dragged me through it. I think he had an exotic sword. I don't see how to beat this with 2 minutes left for the ship, though.

Avixph

I'm not sure if it's even possible to balance a MP shooter of this nature, where the performance of you gun relies on your RNG drop perk.
The most they could really do is have all primaries be equally effective in different situations and remove the felwinters archetype from the game.

Top Bottom