• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

You good enough to carry me? I spent hours trying to get the spindle with no luck. Psn is the same name as here

Sadly not, I really wish I could carry folks through something like this.

Thanks you two! One hell of a night in destiny.

Haul:
- Exotic sword
- 310 1000 yard stare via spindle
- 300 Spindle
- 310 telesto from engram that I was storing until I hit 300
- Zhalo supercell

Why did you have to have a void sword? Would have loved for you to have been there.

It was the last one I needed XO, managed to do it with Deadpool_jlp and a random. :D

How am I supposed to fully upgrade the Gunslinger whrn I've already fully upgraded the Gunslinger?

giphy.gif

maomaoIYP

Feetie you were right, I just shot a Sunbreaker with golden gun at close-ish range and it left him with a pixel of health. Didn't look like he had a sunspot shield. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Oh my gawd. My worst fear confirmed. Feels bad man. I thought I was hallucinating last night in Mayhem clash.
I can understand why Shadowshot should not kill sunbreakers/stormtrancers/bladedancers in a direct hit. But golden gun? Golden gun should always kill.

was doing the Ace of Spades quest earlier. spent an hour at Court of Oryx trying to get rare hand cannons to drop with no luck. gave up, went to my vault and remembered that i only had to dismantle two legenadaries. So word of crota and eyasluna ate the dust.

ace-of-spades-exotic-hand-canon.jpg

Dunno if it's worth an exotic slot yet but it's one sexy gun and feels pretty good. Bested a bunch of lonely Hawkmooners with it.

Oh my gawd. My worst fear confirmed. Feels bad man. I thought I was hallucinating last night in Mayhem clash.

I think it might be max armor spec like you suggested, maybe it's because it wasn't a torso or head shot. Even still golden gun should be one shot given the limited time and vulnerability you have.

Wallach

Picked up the helm, gloves, AR and the 310 quest relic tonight for new raid pieces. Also got a duplicate sniper, but it rolled the same perk as my first and is only 300 so that's pretty much just 3 Legendary Marks. The AR sounds awesome; why is the PR the only one that doesn't have a unique firing sound (that I've heard so far)? Luke pls.

I think it might be max armor spec like you suggested, maybe it's because it wasn't a torso or head shot. Even still golden gun should be one shot given the limited time and vulnerability you have.

Direct hits with any super should be a kill and there should be no exceptions. It's kinda the point of them.

Sunbreaker also tanks the Shadowshot. Had one throw a barrage of hammers my way while I tried to dodge them. I only got to fire the bow twice and he just stepped aside both times. Meanwhile, I died from splash damage from the 5th hammer.

giphy.gif

Feetie you were right, I just shot a Sunbreaker with golden gun at close-ish range and it left him with a pixel of health. Didn't look like he had a sunspot shield. I don't even know what to think anymore.

Yup! I was so shocked when a GG hit me while I was sunbreaking and only brought me to 1 shot. That's RAM Rez status with a super OP offensive hammer on top. How can anyone think this is remotely balanced?

I also sniped a Sunbreaker point black in the dome and took him/her to one shot.

Sad days.

Out of Arc,solar, and void, which sword type should I choose as a hunter?

Depends on which special ability you want.

Arc shoots a lightning disk which gives it range and crowd control capability but has the worst damage

Void does a 360 spin attack, you can damage multiple enemies and damage is between Arc and Solar

Solar does an uppercut, single target only but does the most damage.

Direct hits with any super should be a kill and there should be no exceptions. It's kinda the point of them.

Sunbreaker also tanks the Shadowshot. Had one throw a barrage of hammers my way while I tried to dodge them. I only got to fire the bow twice and he just stepped aside both times. Meanwhile, I died from splash damage from one of the 5th hammers.

I think shadow shot almost needs to shut down supers as soon as it hits or perhaps even a half a second before. As is it simply takes too long for it to go into effect for PvP.

Korezo

Which do you want? Do you know how the exotic versions defer and about blocking?

Depends on which special ability you want.

Arc shoots a lightning disk which gives it range and crowd control capability but has the worst damage

Void does a 360 spin attack, you can damage multiple enemies and damage is between Arc and Solar

Solar does an uppercut, single target only but does the most damage.

No, I'm new to Destiny, just thought one of the 3 were capable of being the best for the class.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No, I'm new to Destiny, just thought one of the 3 were capable of being the best for the class.
No, it's not really like that.

When blocking, each sword is weak to its own element so Void is good at blocking Arc and Solar, etc. Each exotic version gains an ability you see above, so they're very different.

Arc's range attack excels in PvP and makes it super versatile. The Solar uppercut damage is outrageous. Void is awesome for crowd control and is quite useful even in Legendary form since Taken Wizards (which are absolutely brutal enemies) have Void shields.
Arc is the only viable one for PvP as well, if that's a consideration for you.
Lol, well, all of the legendaries are viable for PvP

Frenden

Banned
was doing the Ace of Spades quest earlier. spent an hour at Court of Oryx trying to get rare hand cannons to drop with no luck. gave up, went to my vault and remembered that i only had to dismantle two legenadaries. So word of crota and eyasluna ate the dust.

ace-of-spades-exotic-hand-canon.jpg

Dunno if it's worth an exotic slot yet but it's one sexy gun and feels pretty good. Bested a bunch of lonely Hawkmooners with it.

It feels like old HCs when you use Rifled. My thoughts:

Anyone else using Ace of Spades in PvP?

I've had great luck in Crucible with Ace. I had a Mark of the Unbroken in my second match--I've only gotten four ever, so I think that speaks fairly highly of the gun.

The "best" perk for me was a counterintuitive choice. Foregoing Perfect Balance for the range additive Reinforced Barrel made the gun effective at far longer ranges than any hand cannon I've used in PvP so far. Without Reinforced Barrel the Ace is already at the same range as Hawkmoon. With RB, it can engage at scout rifle-type distances. Stability is not a huge concern. The recoil pattern is very manageable. Your sights will largely have reset by the time the gun is ready to shoot again anyhow.

It may end up just being my personal preference and not a tip that carries over to all, but using Reinforced Barrel on Ace of Spades gave the gun the sort of range that I'd become accustomed to pre-hand cannon nerf. Additionally, I sorta wonder if the guns have a hidden shooting while airborne stat that differs between them. I land a lot of mid-air shots with the Ace that previously I'd either had to have been wearing Nighthawk (with its inbuilt Ikarus perk) or using a gun with Ikarus.

Ace feels like the Jewel, Hawkmoon, and Fatebringer had a baby--if you used Reinforced Barrel. I love it. It's my go-to for Crucible hand cannon-wise.

Making people explode will always be fun:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Sunbreaker also tanks the Shadowshot. Had one throw a barrage of hammers my way while I tried to dodge them. I only got to fire the bow twice and he just stepped aside both times. Meanwhile, I died from splash damage from the 5th hammer.

giphy.gif

Its such a pain in the ass. As a NS, you have to shoot around them and hope that they're obstructed or slow down enough to caught by the tether.

If you shoot them and they're still on the move, you just wasted the super.

maomaoIYP

I think I killed one with a lucky golden gun headshot, but I had the impression that where golden gun hit doesn't really matter, so I wasn't sure.
If shadowshot killed roaming supers, golden gun would lose its usefulness because of shadowshot's tracking + secondary abilities. I do agree that shadowshot anchor needs to activate faster. I managed to bladedance kill a shadowshooter just before the anchor hit me, even though he shot first.

Its such a pain in the ass. As a NS, you have to shoot around them and hope that they're obstructed or slow down enough to caught by the tether.

If you shoot them and they're still on the move, you just wasted the super.

I was going to say the NIghstalker needs a buff and the Sunbreaker needs a nerf but I don't feel like getting into another "the class I play is this and the others are that" argument. Don't have energy for that shit anymore.

It feels like old HCs when you use Rifled. My thoughts:

Making people explode will always be fun:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yea I was using perfect balance but i'll probably switch it out for range. It's almost as good as the Jewel.

I think I killed one with a lucky golden gun headshot, but I had the impression that where golden gun hit doesn't really matter, so I wasn't sure.

If shadowshot killed roaming supers, golden gun would lose its usefulness because of shadowshot's tracking + secondary abilities. I do agree that shadowshot anchor needs to activate faster. I managed to bladedance kill a shadowshooter just before the anchor hit me, even though he shot first.

They do different things. Shadowshot could at least be a guaranteed kill if it's a critical hit.

I expected the tethers to be super annoying but everyone just shrugs it off and the grenade abilities are terrible. Tthere really isn't much reason to play it in PvP over Gunslinger. So the support classes that dominate PvE look like they scrub the floor in PvP.

There's the one from the crucible vendor but it has garbage perks. Hopefully the gunsmith sells some handcannons soon. I want a Suros one.

I don't think the Crucible one is Hakke. So far, the only Hakke HC i've seen is green. I don't think I've seen any blues or purples.

And I didn't realize how much I want a Suros HC until you just mentioned it.

Frenden

Banned
I was going to say the NIghstalker needs a buff and the Sunbreaker needs a nerf but I don't feel like getting into another "the class I play is this and the others are that" argument. Don't have energy for that shit anymore.

Yea I was using perfect balance but i'll probably switch it out for range. It's almost as good as the Jewel.

Yeah. It has a 96 recoil stat IIRC, so the low stability is still super manageable. I'd much rather have the range.

This doesn't display it fully but here's me sunbreaking in mayhem. I'm pretty sure I got hit with a rocket on my back and another that was somewhat near me but regardless, it's silly how much armor I have.

https://youtu.be/ukLHBrdbxSg

EDIT I have no idea how to post it so you can just hit play.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
They do different things. Shadowshot could at least be a guaranteed kill if it's a critical hit.

I expected the tethers to be super annoying but everyone just shrugs it off and the grenade abilities are terrible. Tthere really isn't much reason to play it in PvP over Gunslinger. So the support classes that dominate PvE look like they scrub the floor in PvP.

NS still has smoke, which is crazy versatile, and dodge/marking. I think it's fine in PvP, but the super... I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.

lt519

Any 1%ers want to do an Oryx run, have the checkpoint and I'm willing to be runner (and am good at it). Have gotten so close so many times but just can't get a group to click. Normally don't ask for the elite here but would really love to beat it.

Yeah. It has a 96 recoil stat IIRC, so the low stability is still super manageable. I'd much rather have the range.

That's what bugs me about Hand Cannons.

They're supposed to hit like a truck. 3 shots and you die.
Those 3 shots are supposed to be difficult to land because it doesn't have good zoom and isn't supposed to have high aim assist.
Landing those 3 shots should still be possible at range because of the steady aim required to do it.
You're supposed to be able to move around with it.

The trio killed too fast at range - we get that. The rest of them didn't have to suffer though because they already have high recoil and low rate of fire to balance their range and kill potential. Now they've got less accuracy and less range.

Ace of Spades might end up being the exception, but the HC's i've tried thus far have all been easily out matched by Pulses and Scouts at range and ARs and Shotties up close. I don't understand their niche right now.

Bogeypop

Rollo Tomasi and perineumlick are next. If one or both are unavailable NoThru22, VLEXP, and SheHateMe will be on standby.

If none of the above are available then I have gone through my entire Waiting List and will take people on first-come-first-serve basis from the thread until reset.

NS still has smoke, which is crazy versatile, and dodge/marking. I think it's fine in PvP, but the super... I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.

Well this is how you use the Nightstalker super with quiver.... on people who aren't paying attention.

https://vid.me/5XPn

Soon as I'm being shot at though that doesn't work and I regret not staying with Gunslinger.

On that note, the smoke bomb is too easy too easy to shrug off. I don't see the point of it in PvP.

Top Bottom