• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the camo works in skirmish when you don't see the player until they appear right beside you, but it's too passive for my style. the greandes are AoD and that's also something i'm not used to.

Gunslinger just works for me but Nightstalker looks so much cooler. Annoyed that I can't get it to work.

I honestly switch up my shadowshot perks each and every game. No idea what to do with it.

SheHateMe

NoThru22 and VLEXP are next. If one is unavailable SheHateMe will be on standby.

If none of the above are available then I have gone through my entire Waiting List and will take people on first-come-first-serve basis from the thread until reset.

You put in WORK. Thank you so much for the run!

Zocano

I still have no fucking idea how I can do a strike and get more than my teammates combined amount of kills.

I feel like I'm doing all the work every single time.

Homeboyd

Nightfall rewards are so, so bad now. Saw someone get a blue class engram and an antiquated rune. Most of the time they are crap legendaries 20-30 light below your current light level or strange coins (or coin*).

Please patch the nightfalls.

My goodness, if I did that terrible pvp quest for "nightfall tier rewards" before I saw how bad nightfalls were now...

deoee

Good morning guys!

As I finished the raid yesterday - Is Touch of Malice worth the effort of collecting the 45 fragments?

Bogeypop

Last call for NoThru22, perineumlick or VLEXP. Standbys will be anyone who sent me a PM and I overlooked. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Otherwise I'm moving on to anyone in the thread that needs a Spindle.

Zocano

Good morning guys!

As I finished the raid yesterday - Is Touch of Malice worth the effort of collecting the 45 fragments?

It sorta trivializes the raid and many are under the impression it will help out a ton in hard mode.

Outside of the raid? Eeeeeeh. It's good but probably not super worth it.

sephi22

Rollo Tomasi and perineumlick are next. If one or both are unavailable NoThru22, VLEXP, and SheHateMe will be on standby.

If none of the above are available then I have gone through my entire Waiting List and will take people on first-come-first-serve basis from the thread until reset.

Thanks mang. Sent you a PM

GhaleonEB

I still have no fucking idea how I can do a strike and get more than my teammates combined amount of kills.

On a related note, the new strikes + Court of Oryx are the strongest argument against matchmaking for raids I've seen so far. "Push the button" mechanics dumbfound randoms.

DY_nasty

I've seen some dumb shit.

Last night there was a guy who tried to perch on one of the pillars of the cabal bros boss room.

Got mortared every 30 seconds.

Every once in a while I'll run into an awesome team in Heroic Strikes that will make my week though. I was running through the Sunless Cell strike and heading into the Shrieker room, everyone just knew instinctively to invismoke each other to sprint through. Chained them together with perfect unsaid timing. Should've added those guys :/

kidko

Last call for NoThru22, perineumlick or VLEXP. Standbys will be anyone who sent me a PM and I overlooked. Speak now or forever hold your peace. Otherwise I'm moving on to anyone in the thread that needs a Spindle.

Hi, I'll go if you end up with a spot open! <3

PSN kidklovius

Homeboyd

Good morning guys!

ToM breaks the raid. It feels like pushing atheon off a ledge in VoG honestly. It's very good. Pretty much only great in the raid though (
last 2 bosses
).

Wallach

Dang, quite like the raid AR with braced frame. Shame mine rolled with Surrounded, perk sounds like it would be useful sometimes but the range to trigger is too small for the benefit. Rather have just rolled Crowd Control. Since it also rolled at 300 I might just dismantle to finish my Fabian Strategy quest.

Bogeypop

Thanks mang. Sent you a PM

I sent a PM earlier!

If you sent a PM via mobile I think it doesn't get sent unless you put something in the Subject line. Anyways, gonna give NoThru22, perineumlick or VLEXP 10 minutes, if they don't show up I'll take you two.

Hi, I'll go if you end up with a spot open! <3

PSN kidklovius

EDIT: sephi22 wants me to help him and his friend, so he'll have to wait since I'd prefer to help GAF'rs first and foremost, so I'll take kidko.

Juraash

Good morning guys!

I was super on the fence about it when I finished mine last night. Having spent the evening with it just messing around I already like it a great deal. Still not my favorite exotic scout, but it's damn cool and I can see how beast it would be in the raid.

Definitely worth finishing the quest for.

DY_nasty

Nightfall rewards are so, so bad now. Saw someone get a blue class engram and an antiquated rune. Most of the time they are crap legendaries 20-30 light below your current light level or strange coins (or coin*).

Please patch the nightfalls.

My goodness, if I did that terrible pvp quest for "nightfall tier rewards" before I saw how bad nightfalls were now...

You actually get significantly more from everything needed for the Weekly Crucible Bounty than the Nightfall. Each bounty with Shaxx almost assuredly gives you an engram, several coins, or several engrams. And you're actually playing crucible games on top of that too so you're likely to pick up something of value while going through the motions as well. Each bounty is worth more than a typical one, so you're getting increased rep gains on top of that...

Nightfall isn't worth as much as the PvP stuff. Not even close really. Glad I did and got it out the way early.

SheHateMe

Sooooooooo, now that I have Spindle, I want to infuse it into my Invective. (Don't judge me.)

Should I level it first to get the maximum amount of points switched? Invective is 290, by the way.

lt519

Frustrating I can't get a raid group to beat Oryx. I've got the mechanics down on my end but can't find anyone to run it with short of teaching a group with new people and spending two hours watching them struggle only to have them give up and then have to scrap together another group. I've run it with nighthawk to do all the damage, have run floater using 16 sniper rounds each phase and have run relic for 3 hours perfectly. People just can't seem to stay alive or do enough damage. I haven't been picky with my groups but three weeks in I'd love to beat it just once. Can't even get a LFG as sad as it is because I don't have the emblem. All the while I see the same groups farming it with the same teams. Very frustrating and turning me off very quick.

nowai

Sooooooooo, now that I have Spindle, I want to infuse it into my Invective. (Don't judge me.)

Should I level it first to get the maximum amount of points switched? Invective is 290, by the way.

Buy two 300 Spindles from the blueprints first and get the Invective to 300 before you infuse any 310 weapon.

DY_nasty

If you've got the money and shards, just buy a Spindle now that you have it. The kiosk kicks them out at 300. Use those to infuse your Invective up to 300 first - then use the 310 Spindle. 308 Invective.

Zocano

On a related note, the new strikes + Court of Oryx are the strongest argument against matchmaking for raids I've seen so far. "Push the button" mechanics dumbfound randoms.

FF14 Heavensward has matchmaking for its end-game raid.

BUT It's super dumbed down and incredibly easy even for an MMO raid. That current raid is nowhere near the intensity of the A Realm Reborn's launch raid (which is still one of my favorite raiding experiences) and none of that older stuff had matchmaking on its "hard" modes that are actually difficult.

MMORPGs have an inherently different barrier of entry and I would imagine the average player base of Destiny is more "casual" than a monthly-sub MMO. I understand the argument for "more options never hurt" but I just feel like some don't actually realize what they're asking for. It would be a cesspool of hell. 1000x times worse than DestinyLFG. And if Bungie somehow designed the raids to accommodate match-making skilled players than the raids we get could be *SEVERELY* impacted in difficulty. I want incredibly complex and interesting raid design. Not latter-half of Crota's End.

Added up all the times i've played on the new maps last month.

Bannerfall: 24
Crossroad: 2
Dungeons:7
Drifter:11
Frontier:12
Memento: 14
Sector:34
Vertigo:22

Not counting the amount of times Thieves' Den has showed up.

deadduck

You actually get significantly more from everything needed for the Weekly Crucible Bounty than the Nightfall. Each bounty with Shaxx almost assuredly gives you an engram, several coins, or several engrams. And you're actually playing crucible games on top of that too so you're likely to pick up something of value while going through the motions as well. Each bounty is worth more than a typical one, so you're getting increased rep gains on top of that...

Nightfall isn't worth as much as the PvP stuff. Not even close really. Glad I did and got it out the way early.

I got No Backup Plans and two runes for 3 NFs this week.

I got nothing for the crucible "NF" reward. I only picked up the final bounty after the others were complete, that may have affected it, but I am disappoint all round.

zewone

Gefhc4z.jpg

THIS. GUN. WRECKS.

Number45

Didn't realise I can only make one order for Armsday - intended to try them all (if nothing just to clear some glimmer out) but ended up ordering just the AR. :'(

Do I need to keep the legendary item on my person?

EDIT: Also had a blue 300 sidearm drop last night. Sidearms are fucking atrocious, a poor man's hand cannon.

DY_nasty

I got No Backup Plans and two runes for 3 NFs this week.

I got nothing for the crucible "NF" reward. I only picked up the final bounty after the others were complete, that may have affected it, but I am disappoint all round.
There's no point in running the NF with the loot being as diluted as it is. Everything you can get there you can get from using a three of coins in the weekly heroic playlist.

Heroic Playlist is at least giving you that constant legendary drop boost. NF's dice roll is the same as what you'd get after approximately 7-10 games of crucible. There's no NF exclusive gear at all.

Saying you got something good from NF's dice roll is just saying you got lucky with a dice roll. But that's all that NF is. Everything else offers more overall and more dice rolls overall.

2real4tv

That's the susanoo fusion rifle (warlock exclusive) I haven't really used mine as much but yeah is pretty good.

And beaten smh

I linked the wrong one found the one I was looking for it's called the Tlaloc which is also a Warlock exclusive, I like the look of it.

Zocano

This isn't new territory or anything but I honestly don't understand what Xur's purpose is. I mean it's even moreso a question now that they've finally (and smartly) moved from keeping most of the exotics out of the RNG loop. I can easily see them taking Xur out or completely attempting to redesign is mechanical purpose in the near future. Sure, selling old exotics is fine but with 3oC and such we can "farm" our own without having to hope for his stock to have the right stuff. I honestly can't think of a good idea for him at the moment but I haven't given it too much thought.

Similarly, I'm eager to see what they do with the Nightfall since they've been clear that they're retooling its rewards and such. I have no idea what to do with that either. It feels like doing Strikes has easily circumvented the Nightfall runs because the drops are just that more often and more rewarding than they have ever been. Nightfall was a definite drop of higher quality in the past year when we were in a "drought" of loot, so to speak. Now, it's completely different and it's a tough problem to solve. Especially considering that they've made Nightfalls substantially more difficult, so the rewards aren't quite worth the effort anymore.

nowai

Didn't realise I can only make one order for Armsday - intended to try them all (if nothing just to clear some glimmer out) but ended up ordering just the AR. :'(

Do I need to keep the legendary item on my person?

EDIT: Also had a blue 300 sidearm drop last night. Sidearms are fucking atrocious, a poor man's hand cannon.

Once you hit rank 3, you can buy 3 packages from him. Your rank also determines how many roll choices you have when you cash in the packages.

Number45

Also, I never seem to get even remotely decent sniper rifle drops. Made the heroic daily unnecessarily hard last night having no precision range weapon. :'(

Is there are a decent sniper I can buy from somewhere?

Once you hit rank 3, you can buy 3 packages from him. Your rank also determines how many roll choices you have when you cash in the packages.
Ah, thanks. Think I'm still only rank 1.

My brother and I have been slowly making our way through The Taken King campaign, and tonight we played the first few missions on the Dreadnaught. Bungie have really outdone themselves in terms of environmental design. This ship is absolutely BEAUTIFUL in a haunting, creepy way, and the sense of scale is insane. The oppressive and foreboding atmosphere fits perfectly with the scifi horror.

The Hive's architecture has always been gorgeous, but man, this is just on another level. If anyone from Bungie is reading this, you guys did an awesome job realizing the Dreadnaught.

Wallach

There's no point in running the NF with the loot being as diluted as it is. Everything you can get there you can get from using a three of coins in the weekly heroic playlist.

That's not quite true, since you can get exotic heavies from NF where 3oC can't drop heavy or boot exotic engrams. I'm not sure if anyone's seen exotic boots from the NF yet, but it's one of your best shots at getting a 310 exotic heavy if you're over 300.

Top Bottom