• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SheHateMe

NoThru22 and VLEXP are next. If one is unavailable SheHateMe will be on standby.

If none of the above are available then I have gone through my entire Waiting List and will take people on first-come-first-serve basis from the thread until reset.

Excellent. I am available.

I feel like the Raid armor and weapons this time around exist solely to infuse other stuff. Unless the DPS checks are insane in Hard mode, I don't see much use for them.

Vault of Glass weapons were almost all amazing.

Frenden

Banned
That's what bugs me about Hand Cannons.

They're supposed to hit like a truck. 3 shots and you die.
Those 3 shots are supposed to be difficult to land because it doesn't have good zoom and isn't supposed to have high aim assist.
You're supposed to be able to move around with it.
Landing those 3 shots should still be possible at range because of the steady aim required to do it.

The trio killed too fast at range - we get that. The rest of them didn't have to suffer though because they already have high recoil and low rate of fire to balance their range and kill potential. Now they've got less accuracy and less range.

Ace of Spades might end up being the exception, but the HC's i've tried thus far have all been easily out matched by Pulses and Scouts at range and ARs and Shotties up close. I don't understand their niche right now.

Totally. Ace really does feel a bit unique in the current meta, though. The Rifled range is all a bonus above and beyond the range of Hawkmoon, the previous range king.

It can engage at longer distances than any HC I've used in PvP post 2.0 for sure.

Totally. Ace really does feel a bit unique in the current meta, though. The Rifled range is all a bonus above and beyond the range of Hawkmoon, the previous range king.

It can engage at longer distances than any HC I've used in PvP post 2.0 for sure.

That's reassuring. A swaggy gun with good stats and kill potential is what I need right now.

Really disappointed in the Touch of Malice to that end. I don't think I'll ever use that gun outside of the last two encounters in the Raid.

Is there any comparable successor to Vision of Confluence?

Without the burn, yes. Not Like The Others. It (vendor) has Crowd control (kills grant bonus damage) and reactive reload (reload after a kill grants bonus damage) both for a short time. So that combo is pretty cool.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well this is how you use the Nightstalker super with quiver.... on people who aren't paying attention.

https://vid.me/5XPn

Soon as I'm being shot at though that doesn't work and I regret not staying with Gunslinger.

On that note, the smoke bomb is too easy too easy to shrug off. I don't see the point of it in PvP.

Never tried shadestepping into shadowshot. Thanks for the new tech

smoke invis shenanigans are something I suck at, but I've seen people dominate with it. I stick to prox det, which really shines better with claws of ahamkara allowing you to been more liberal with smoke usage - the marking that comes with keen scout lets you control a much greater area too. its kinda ridiculous how well you can track people...

also, just that little bit of damage turns handcannons into two-shot kills again. that combined with marking makes any HC you're holding into a hawkmoon just about

Without the burn, yes. Not Like The Others. It (vendor) has Crowd control (kills grant bonus damage) and reactive reload (reload after a kill grants bonus damage) both for a short time. So that combo is pretty cool.

The Scout rifle from the raid has full auto as well. It's a decent weapon.

lt519

I've got it with third eye and crowd control, then bonus taken damage on top of that. Favorite weapon, even over the DO scout. Stability and rate of fire are great. Awesome for crucible with third eye and crowd control too.

Never tried shadestepping into shadowshot. Thanks for the new tech

smoke invis shenanigans are something I suck at, but I've seen people dominate with it. I stick to prox det, which really shines better with claws of ahamkara allowing you to been more liberal with smoke usage - the marking that comes with keen scout lets you control a much greater area too. its kinda ridiculous how well you can track people...

also, just that little bit of damage turns handcannons into two-shot kills again. that combined with marking makes any HC you're holding into a hawkmoon just about

the camo works in skirmish when you don't see the player until they appear right beside you, but it's too passive for my style. the greandes are AoD and that's also something i'm not used to.

Gunslinger just works for me but Nightstalker looks so much cooler. Annoyed that I can't get it to work.

I feel like the Raid armor and weapons this time around exist solely to infuse other stuff. Unless the DPS checks are insane in Hard mode, I don't see much use for them.

Vault of Glass weapons were almost all amazing.

I agree. VoC, Fatebringer, Found Verdict, CM (pre HoW especially in pvp), Praedyth's Revenge, and even Helen Vengeance if you didn't have a Gally or want to use an exotic lrimary/secondary. And Vex. Those were all great to me! And memorable.

CE, black hammer was the only real memorable weapon for me. Swordbearer became relevant during shotgun buff but yea. Song was garbage and fang/word/Abyss defiant were all whatever. Hu

NastyBook

What do I need to be doing in this game at 225-230 light for my characters? I would like to be able to run the raid on at least one character before I have to go back to work on Monday.

sephi22

Anyone wants to do a fresh raid? Doesn't matter how long we go. Just want to get some raid gear on my alt. Have 2.

1. sephi22
2. xChildOfHatex
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?

Add me of message here. PSN: sephi22

I agree. VoC, Fatebringer, Found Verdict, CM (pre HoW especially in pvp), Praedyth's Revenge, and even Helen Vengeance if you didn't have a Gally or want to use an exotic lrimary/secondary. And Vex. Those were all great to me! And memorable.

CE, black hammer was the only real memorable weapon for me. Swordbearer became relevant during shotgun buff but yea. Song was garbage and fang/word/Abyss defiant were all whatever. Hu

That's what I was referring to in the wall. I may not have been able to hit 30 without raid boots, but running the Raid over and over was still worth it for those weapon drops because they were all solid in and out of the Raid.

Nobody is going to be sharing King's Fall hand cannon checkpoints...

GhaleonEB

CQNZk8dUcAMivxk.jpg

Why oh why are strange coins in the Nightfall loot table still. That was utterly brutal (clutch revive at the end!) and it's a giant blank for a reward. Not even an XP bonus.

I argued the NF's were still worth running earlier today, but boy did that just update my opinion.

lt519

Oryx checkpoint anyone? Rc123 and I are down, just need a couple more experienced players. I'll run relic too. Should be quick if you have the DPS and experience.

LiK

CQNZk8dUcAMivxk.jpg

Why oh why are strange coins in the Nightfall loot table still. That was utterly brutal (clutch revive at the end!) and it's a giant blank for a reward. Not even an XP bonus.

I argued the NF's were still worth running earlier today, but boy did that just update my opinion.

That was the best combo of loot I ever got from NF. seemed random, exotic chest along with legendary and exotic engrams. I did use 3oC which probably helped.

CQNZk8dUcAMivxk.jpg

Atleast you got 13, I got one. ONE strange coin!

GhaleonEB

That was the best combo of loot I ever got from NF. seemed random, exotic chest along with legendary and exotic engrams. I did use 3oC which probably helped.

I had 3oC as well. I did get a sublime engram, which turned into 3 legendary marks.

I'm fine with random loot, but that screen ranges from total crap to awesome, in ascending order. I wish the possible rewards had a much higher bottom to the range; I now have 482 strange coins. :(

Top Bottom