• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I had 3oC as well. I did get a sublime engram, which turned into 3 legendary marks.

I'm fine with random loot, but that screen ranges from total crap to awesome, in ascending order. I wish the possible rewards had a much higher bottom to the range; I now have 482 strange coins. :(

Wait, Sublime Engrams can turn straight into Legendary Marks? Say it ain't so ;_;

nowai

Also, I never seem to get even remotely decent sniper rifle drops. Made the heroic daily unnecessarily hard last night having no precision range weapon. :'(

Is there are a decent sniper I can buy from somewhere?

Ah, thanks. Think I'm still only rank 1.

Vanguard vendor 1000 yard stare is outstanding. High impact and triple tap.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That's not quite true, since you can get exotic heavies from NF where 3oC can't drop heavy or boot exotic engrams. I'm not sure if anyone's seen exotic boots from the NF yet, but it's one of your best shots at getting a 310 exotic heavy if you're over 300.

True. But there are only two year 2 non-sword heavies in the game right now - Truth and Thunderlord. And NF is a horrible way to go about getting too. You may as well raid now that we know that chests can drop exotics there.

Number45

Vanguard vendor 1000 yard stare is outstanding. High impact and triple tap.
Thanks, I'll look it up. Don't know whether I'll go for that or Hung Jury first (because I love scout rifles)... I really need to start doing the daily crucible for more marks.

kidko

If you sent a PM via mobile I think it doesn't get sent unless you put something in the Subject line. Anyways, gonna give NoThru22, perineumlick or VLEXP 10 minutes, if they don't show up I'll take you two.

EDIT: sephi22 wants me to help him and his friend, so he'll have to wait since I'd prefer to help GAF'rs first and foremost, so I'll take kidko.

BOGEYPOP FOR DGAF PRESIDENT! Thank you, friend, I can sleep with a big smile on my face tonight instead of a furrowed brow haha

DGAF rules all

I've seen a few posts of people asking about the warlock helm that drops from the sabre strike so thought i'd upload mine, its a great looking helmet apart from certain angles where it looks like you've stuck a dildo to the top of it

JWvsdXN.png

Do I need to keep the legendary item on my person?

EDIT: Also had a blue 300 sidearm drop last night. Sidearms are fucking atrocious, a poor man's hand cannon.

yeah they take up permanent space for a week :/

sidearms are awesome! killer firing speed and the damage makes them very useful in close encounters with a lot of enemies.

also the ones with the best stability wreck people in Crucible. Especially the Hawkwood you can buy from the Vanguard shop.

Wallach

True. But there are only two year 2 non-sword heavies in the game right now - Truth and Thunderlord. And NF is a horrible way to go about getting too. You may as well raid now that we know that chests can drop exotics there.

Don't disagree that the odds are bad, but I think it makes the NF worth doing as things stand since it only has to be done once a week. Getting a 310 of any slot is enough that I'll at least go.

That isn't to say I don't think the rewards need vastly improved. They're wack as fuck at the moment, but I don't think it's worth skipping; if it were harder I'd probably pass but it really isn't that big of a deal now that it has checkpoints.

It really should just be a guaranteed exotic roll, in my opinion. Maybe even with a secondary roll of coins, motes or 3oCs. The fact that a charged Antiquated Rune could be your only reward is fuckin' rude.

Schryver

Should I infuse my 297 with a 300 spindle before I put the 310 spindle into it? Will probably gain 1 attack at most but have to waste 2 extra shards

maomaoIYP

Sooooooooo, now that I have Spindle, I want to infuse it into my Invective. (Don't judge me.)

Should I level it first to get the maximum amount of points switched? Invective is 290, by the way.
This is my opinion. Invective can drop from an engram, which can roll as a 310 if you are above 300 light. I would use the spindle to infuse gear which can never be found anywhere else e.g, stillpiercer, susanoo or the Titan shotgun.

nowai

Should I infuse my 297 with a 300 spindle before I put the 310 spindle into it? Will probably gain 1 attack at most but have to waste 2 extra shards

If you're anything like the rest of us, you're sitting on a pile of shards...soooo why not min/max?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This is my opinion. Invective can drop from an engram, which can roll as a 310 if you are above 300 light. I would use the spindle to infuse gear which can never be found anywhere else e.g, stillpiercer, susanoo or the Titan shotgun.

Couldn't be happier with my 308 Stillpiercer. Void Snipers were always hard to come by too.

Wallach

If you're anything like the rest of us, you're sitting on a pile of shards...soooo why not min/max?

Saving the shard would be min/maxing. There isn't anything to shoot at currently where a 308 is going to do more damage than a 307 unless it would push his light over a very low threshold (like 279 to 280 or something he's almost certainly already cleared).

SheHateMe

That's not a bad idea. My Stillpiercer is only 280 right now.

Simbo

Neo Member
I've already got my spindle but really want the ship.

If anyone on Xbox One still needs a spindle I'd be happy to help.

GT: ChickenShizzle

Will be ready for a couple of runs in about an hour. Just add me.

Raybunny

Good morning GAF.

Yesterday was able to create the most awesome community. The "White Whale", that's it.
Today it's time to finish all that 310 artifact quests (taken wars + blitghed chain) and dive again into the pits of the "Dredgboat". Hyped for those 300 items.... What a pain.

Aside that, what are your plans for today?

Number45

sidearms are awesome! killer firing speed and the damage makes them very useful in close encounters with a lot of enemies.

also the ones with the best stability wreck people in Crucible. Especially the Hawkwood you can buy from the Vanguard shop.
I tried it in the daily heroic last night and even with precision shots it barely seemed to touch them - perhaps I'm just too used to the Hawkmoon (which seemed more effective even at 280). Being surrounded would have seen me dead in no time, aside from the Thralls but for those I like to bubble and punch. :D

nowai

Saving the shard would be min/maxing. There isn't anything to shoot at currently where a 308 is going to do more damage than a 307 unless it would push his light over a very low threshold (like 279 to 280 or something he's almost certainly already cleared).

Well, I was mainly speaking as a day one player. I bought about 25 spindles since the first time it came around and upgraded virtually all of my secondaries to 300...and I'm still sitting on 65 exotic shards. They are just going to waste otherwise.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
sorry I didn't get to help more people spindle it up tonight. after our raid I took a break and suddenly it was 2am and I was barely consciousal. next time I am in for lots.

Good morning GAF.

Yesterday was able to create the most awesome community. The "White Whale", that's it.
Today it's time to finish all that 310 artifact quests (taken wars + blitghed chain) and dive again into the pits of the "Dredgboat". Hyped for those 300 items.... What a pain.

Aside that, what are your plans for today?

Same here, need to do Taken wars on all characters then farm about a million and one Hadium flakezzzzz, will join you if I see you doing them

I've already got my spindle but really want the ship.

If anyone on Xbox One still needs a spindle I'd be happy to help.

GT: ChickenShizzle

Will be ready for a couple of runs in about an hour. Just add me.
That'd be great if you could help me finally get this thing. I gave up asking after I failed to get it done with like, 3 groups last week. Probably my fault.

Neo Geo

Neo Member
We gave up after another three tries, that black spindle mission is really hard. Boss had about 40% health left. What else could I try besides bubble/sword strategy? None of us has raid weapons with taken bonus damage yet.

deadduck

Can I get some tips on damn driviks? We're killing him with a minute or two to spare and not getting the adds

Don't let the adds build up, the spores generate loads and unless you have sunbreakers, stormcallers and nightstalker supers to clear it all afterwards it can be a PITA.

Spores respawn, take them out.

Blessing bubble and swords on him for 75% damage, use the bubble as a forward base. Should have lots of time left to snipe and clear adds.

Top Bottom