• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

SkylineRKR

If there was anything close to, "shotguns only mode" for Crucible, it's Rumble these days. It is all shotguns until heavy drops, then it is swords and rockets. The shotguns still have way too much range for one shot kills in any mode. It is insane my hand cannon damage is already falling off a cliff at the same range I can be one shot killed by certain shotguns. Mental.

I won a game with Hawkmoon. It seemed to be the only HC doing its job alright still.

noomi

Need one more for Oryx :)

We have a few first timers, so i would love someone with exerience to help me explain.

Shiv47

So is anything from the gunsmith this week going to worth taking a flyer on? Or is the general assumption that it's all going to be 280 stuff until we hit an exotic level?

Sullichin

So is anything from the gunsmith this week going to worth taking a flyer on? Or is the general assumption that it's all going to be 280 stuff until we hit an exotic level?

I got the Omolon sniper from a package and it's pretty sweet. The SUROS scout is good. Even if it's 280, free legendary shards if it doesn't have the perks you want.

Lnkn52

Somebody needs to read their grimoire. The entries were even more substantial and informative this expansion. Everything gets better! Even the bullshit stuff. ;-)
there is not enough hours in the day to keep up with DGAF and read a grimoire.

someone should put into video form, documentary style.

BUNGIE should do them the same way they did these:

UM4wyQB.jpg

lupin23rd

Happy to see Rahool still has a sense of humour after all the engrams he's been decrypting.

Completed a quest last night and Ikora gives me a choice of 220 armour, picked the Samsara 1 gauntlets because whatever.

Decrypt a blue that turns into a purple - Samsara 1.

Then go grab my Vanguard package, and it's an Answering Chord.

Decrypt a blue primary that turns into a purple - another Answering Chord.

Do one last strike for the night and get purple arms - hey another Samsara 1.

Guess I can use the marks to infuse stuff!

I won a game with Hawkmoon. It seemed to be the only HC doing its job alright still.

I was raging in Crucible until I went back to my old buddy, Thorn. Everyone thinks it was nerfed, the thing is still a fucking beast, but shhh don't let too many people know. Hopefully everyone sharded it after the nerf notes.

Lnkn52

Spec Stormcaller to where it lasts longer if you use your super when having charged melee and grenade.

Stand on the bridge thing where the boss is facing when he comes out the pool.

Snipe his head, and when he's about halfway or close to it, jump down, pop your super, and fry him.

Bookmarking

Its looking more and more like Hive are the Darkness which follows the Traveler around. Or that it's the Worm gods looking to shape the universe by cutting the weak and thus the Hive through proxy.

The current setup suggests the Fallen were also victim to the Hive and just came here trying to reclaim the Traveler for protection. It abandoned them as it would have abandoned us had Rasputin not nuked the Traveler's face off to force it into staying with us.

This is speculation but it's the best explanation I've seen so far of all the lore combined:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...mewhat_comprehensive_guide_to_the_origins_of/

Man, that reddit link. Awesome, fascinating stuff. Thanks for posting

Has anyone ever had glitches in the first encounter of King's Fall? Namely,
transferring the bond between two people? It just wouldn't transfer to me after a certain point. We thought that maybe the person doing the transferring was moving around too much but even when he stopped it still happened.
Shit sucks.

Has anyone ever had glitches in the first encounter of King's Fall? Namely,
transferring the bond between two people? It just wouldn't transfer to me after a certain point. We thought that maybe the person doing the transferring was moving around too much but even when he stopped it still happened.
Shit sucks.

Oh! Yes! This was constantly happening to me, and only me, in my raid group. It happened last week and again yesterday. It seemed to only happen
after the 1st transfer.
We tried
switching sides, switching order,
nothing. Again, it was only me.

I feel better now that I'm not the only one, I thought I was doing something wrong

nOoblet16

Sector 618 is the worst...THE WORST map in the game.
So much obstruction with narrow pathways and shit line of sight.

To top it off mother fuckin team mates always running for their pot shots and blocking/pushing me away. ..enemies spawning in front of me or me spawning in front of them. Fuck this map really.

I always get really angry after playing this map and the game seems to be very adamant at putting me in this map consistently on the few PvP matches that I do play these days.

GlamFM

Banned
Oh! Yes! This was constantly happening to me, and only me, in my raid group. It happened last week and again yesterday. It seemed to only happen
after the 1st transfer.
We tried
switching sides, switching order,
nothing. Again, it was only me.

I feel better now that I'm not the only one, I thought I was doing something wrong

Yep, exactly what happened to us.

Thanks guys, I need an advice. Which Sniper would you recommend to infuse the 310 ?

Option A:
QeoFgQz.jpg

Outlaw
Quickdraw
Unflinching

These perks work incredible together.

Option B:
3yp0MAf.jpg

Life Support
Perfect Balance/Will of Light
Outlaw

PB/Will of Light and Outlaw are a deadly perk combo but life support is kinda meh...

Same sniper? Which one(s)?

So 3oC is slightly nerfed now? Lol they've been nerfed for me. I've used ~15 and gotten only two exotic engrams. All used on Heroic strikes.
Just slightly. Basically can't use one after another within a few minutes. Strike bosses are fine (maybe not shield bros anymore, though?) or just 1 bro hahaha. That's about accurate. Many people here say they get 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 (funny not in between). I got 2/12 so 1/6 so far which is basically the same as you. Pretty good deal!

I stopped when I got that 2nd exotic on the 12th strike. So I guarantee I can run a few more and not get one to be at your exact rate.

ich00

holy cow, 19 pages in 7 hours or so, I can't keep up and work at the same time. My job production is falling greatly.

Please Xur no Telesto, I already have three of them.

Well that's greedy. Xur can't please everyone!

With each week he comes, the chances he sells something that you have increases. The more you play, those chances increase even more.

Me and many others would be extremely happy for him to sell that :D

Help please guys?

Depends on what you want to do with it. I assume you'll use it for PvE. One of the first things I look at is scope preference. If you like both fine in that regard I'd opt for the thousand yard stare. The perks on the Omolon are better suited for PvP and with perfect balance that thousand yard stare could be pretty good for nailing bosses. I don't know what will of light does but it could be useful.

LTWood12

Well that's greedy. Xur can't please everyone!

With each week he comes, the chances he sells something that you have increases. The more you play, those chances increase even more.

Me and many others would be extremely happy for him to sell that :D

Is he selling an engram or a static weapon?

Top Bottom