• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Just came home from work early because I´m waiting for a delivery.

Turned on Destiny and after walking around aimlessly in the tower I realized I have nothing left to do until reset day.

Feels weird, but good.

Downloading Forza 6 while I type this.

Whaaa...you must only have one toon? I'm working on the PVP stuff now. Mayhem is a great way to get those class specific emblems. I'm also trying to finish my faction quest so I can get an exotic bond for my Warlock.

purg3

slept with Malkin
yeah someone at bungie really hates hunters and warlocks.. sol is just Over fucking powered

Love this stuff, as a titan player since launch, these comments fuel my hammers of swift justice.

Warlocks have always been OP and still technically are in PvP, and Hunters have always been the most well rounded PvP class I feel. Now Titans are having their moment in the sun.

How does one get into the Gaf Destiny group on PS4? I shot an invite via the PS4... do i need to send someone a PM here via Gaf?

Also - I tried (and failed about 6 times yesterday) to get to the spindle... is it still possible or was it yesterday only? Forgive the noob in me... just getting back into Destiny after a long time away. TIA

GlamFM

Banned
Whaaa...you must only have one toon? I'm working on the PVP stuff now. Mayhem is a great way to get those class specific emblems. I'm also trying to finish my faction quest so I can get an exotic bond for my Warlock.

I have 3, but only for the achievements. Titan is my main, the other two can go fuck themselves.

I also ignore PvP altogether.

MrDaravon

I really really dislike that you don't get Legendary Marks in the weekly Crucible playlist for completed matches, only for wins. You get them for the daily ones, and despite leading my team 2 of the 3 matches it keeps putting me in games where my team is getting utterly curbstomped. Also there must be like 5 people playing Mayhem Clash, because after every single match it broke up the teams, only to have me fight almost the exact same group of 6 players every single time.

Also not touching this playlist again unless I'm on my Warlock, they are fucking ridiculous in this mode.

edukate

Anyone have a cool, panoramic wallpaper of the tower I can set on my dual monitors? When i'm at work I get the withdrawal shakes...

noomi

Caught up to the PvE content... For now

Going to start dabbling in PvP again, can someone recommend a fee good weapons to use?

I have an apple of discord which seems to have nice stats.

neoism

man fuck this game finally got a wormsinger rune i use it kill the fucking orge and it didnt drop the one you have to kill 50 to get a key

fuck this ramdon bullshit..
<:/

phen0m24

Love this stuff, as a titan player since launch, these comments fuel my hammers of swift justice.

Warlocks have always been OP and still technically are in PvP, and Hunters have always been the most well rounded PvP class I feel. Now Titans are having their moment in the sun.

img-2409441-3-what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

GutZ31

How does one get into the Gaf Destiny group on PS4? I shot an invite via the PS4... do i need to send someone a PM here via Gaf?

Also - I tried (and failed about 6 times yesterday) to get to the spindle... is it still possible or was it yesterday only? Forgive the noob in me... just getting back into Destiny after a long time away. TIA

To get accepted into the Destiny GAF Community, you must PM a mod of the group here on NeoGAF.

Mods are;
GutZ31
Hawkian
Afrocious
iRAWRasaurus

There are 2 other mods, but they are for activity forming, and guidance, so I will not divulge their names here.

Man, the smart loot system need to be rebooted I think. I have now received 4 Monte Carlos from primary engrams. The only other year 2 primaries I have are Zhalo and Hawkmoon. Seems either smart loot isn't smart or exotic engrams have an incredibly limited pool. Did we ever get a engram loot table after the ToC Draksis binge?

E92 M3

Man, the smart loot system need to be rebooted I think. I have now received 4 Monte Carlos from primary engrams. The only other year 2 primaries I have are Zhalo and Hawkmoon. Seems either smart loot isn't smart or exotic engrams have an incredibly limited pool. Did we ever get a engram loot table after the ToC Draksis binge?

Luke stated that smart loot wasn't the correct term for the system in Destiny. There is more to it, but they haven't explained.

LiK

I think their loot system actively discourages people from farming. I think you only get new stuff after reset. so if you have a bunch of exotics and decrypt them at once, you get dupes.

forgrim

To get accepted into the Destiny GAF Community, you must PM a mod of the group here on NeoGAF.

Mods are;
GutZ31
Hawkian
Afrocious
iRAWRasaurus

There are 2 other mods, but they are for activity forming, and guidance, so I will not divulge their names here.

so with this DGAF community, we're gonna try to form groups through the community, or still do our posting on gaf. cuz I was looking at the grouping of the community, and since i'm friends with so many gaffers, everyone showed up and it lagged the shit out of my menus when i tried to scroll through the parties. One con.

deadduck

Caught up to the PvE content... For now

Going to start dabbling in PvP again, can someone recommend a fee good weapons to use?

I have an apple of discord which seems to have nice stats.

Apple is good. As is the herja from the Gunsmith.

The Villainy from FWC is probably my fav pulse so far, but I got a drop with braced frame and range finder (more effective now)

Hung Jury from DO.

Eyasluna as Crucible drop. It's a Hawkmoon. Mine has rangefinder and reinforced barrel and its a decent if you want to run an exotic in another slot and still want to hand cannon.

Tlaloc is a beast. Jade Rabbit is too if you can chain the body shots.

Conspiracy Theory D is a great shotty, 1000yard also good.

Kyoufu

The loot pool is very shallow and becomes shallower when broken down into specific slots. For instance, chest engrams for Titan and Hunter can only be one thing, Alpha Lupi.

Primaries are:

Zhalo
Suros
Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Monte Carlo

Dupes are only natural and I don't think there is any "smart loot" system in place here.

flkraven

I'm so fucking proud of my group. Yesterday I was barely coherent I felt so sick, yet somehow we ended up getting Black Spindle second try and we got our Exotic sword done in 1 go (2 void & 1 Arc). Infused my black spindle into my 1000yard and now have a 108 legendary sniper. I also drained my glimmer getting as many exotics to 300 as possible.

GutZ31

so with this DGAF community, we're gonna try to form groups through the community, or still do our posting on gaf. cuz I was looking at the grouping of the community, and since i'm friends with so many gaffers, everyone showed up and it lagged the shit out of my menus when i tried to scroll through the parties. One con.

Communities just released, and are experiencing heavy load on Sony's side.
For now, NeoGAF will still be a bit smoother to get a group together.
The Beta version that I was a part of had similar issues with Communities early on when everyone was clamoring to join one, so it put things to a crawl, and caused freezing/crashing issues.
This release of the full version of 3.00 has actually had little issues from what I have seen, and I am surprised Sony was able to get the system to handle millions of people using the feature less faulty.

In a few days when everything calms down, the Community will feel much more accessible.

MrDaravon

We desparately need to get some GAF PvP trains going at some point. I haven't won a single match all day, despite having the highest or second highest score across both teams in almost every single game -_-. No idea what the fuck is going on with matchmaking today but it's not working.

Edit: At least I got a couple throwing knife and sword kills.

darthbob

We desparately need to get some GAF PvP trains going at some point. I haven't won a single match all day, despite having the highest or second highest score across both teams in almost every single game -_-. No idea what the fuck is going on with matchmaking today but it's not working.

Smart Matching™

MikeyMike

Is there any hope to get invited to a King's Fall raid with no experience at this point?

I've seen the strats... some things that would need clarifications but overall it seems simple enough.

Hell, yesterday I carried 300+ people to get the Black Spindle so the raid can't be that bad.

I'm only asking because DestinyLFG is picky as hell.

Edit : Sorry for top post being a rant

forgrim

i would hop on this train with ya'll since i'm like last place on most of my teams (not really, but i'm terrible at pvp compared to many of gaf

Bladelaw

I keep missing this so I searched. Anyone looking for a source on the Black Spindle nerf look here.

I'm going to be stubborn and keep it (instead of infusing) in the hopes they reconsider. Given the level of effort required to get it I think the rewards is worth it.

I'll be using the 300 atk ones out of the Kiosk to do some infusing though.

anyone got some advice for the "kill 3 cursed thrall with melee without dying" for fragment 50? Where's a good place to do this?

Dunno if anyone has answered you, but if you go to the mosoleum and wait for the enemies to go against each other some cursed thrall shamble out and they are easy pickings. Best place I found that they counted for kills.

The loot pool is very shallow and becomes shallower when broken down into specific slots. For instance, chest engrams for Titan and Hunter can only be one thing, Alpha Lupi.

Primaries are:

Zhalo
Suros
Hawkmoon
The Last Word
Monte Carlo

Dupes are only natural and I don't think there is any "smart loot" system in place here.

I had the feeling that was the case with the primary. Would have been nice to get a Suros for free. The Monte Carlo drops were weeks a part, not part of engram binge decodes or anything. First one was from Draksis cheese. Then the other two came from normal ToC use. The game can clearly weight loot against what you own, the Veterans Tour quest proves that. They just need to do some tweaking, or maybe just exotic engrams have their own un-smart behavior to curb that method of farming. Maybe only raid drops/chests or mission reward rolls, like end of nightfall use the smart system.

Baliis

Is there any hope to get invited to a King's Fall raid with no experience at this point?

I've seen the strats... some things that would need clarifications but overall it seems simple enough.

Hell, yesterday I carried 300+ people to get the Black Spindle so the raid can't be that bad.

Just ask around here on GAF or on subreddits like fireteams or blindraids and you should find someone who doesn't mind first timers.

Personally. I think it's fine. I think the new solar titan has a great super. But they need it. Their grenades are lackluster and their melee sucks. Other perks in their skill tree are so so. Solar titan NEEDS their super to be epic. People bitching are just mad. Yeah, you can't really kill a titan easily when they are throwing hammers but they only get the ability 2 or 3 times a match. Less so in Trials. It's fine. Let the titans have one good thing.

Baliis

Dunno if anyone phas answered you, but if you go to the mosoleum and wait for the enemies to go against each other some cursed thrall shamble out and they are easy pickings. Best place I found that they counted for kills.

There's also a dreadnaught mission where the cabal and hive will be fighting each other and cursed thralls will slowly stumble one by one out of one of the doors. Can't remember the name of the mission.

Edit: its Enemy of my Enemy

X-Frame

Link to my full Titan raid gear, as I am not sure if I should post the image since its technically a spoiler.

http://i.imgur.com/4P8YZI5.jpg

So ugly! Haha. Once I start getting dupes I'm totally using those as infusion fuel. I don't think the raid gear specific bonuses are really worth it.

You don't need experience to get through it. If you have a team with members who know how to do it already they can easily explain it to you. If you can hold your own, coordinate the strategy + land dps, you're more than fine.

Bladelaw

I think I'm going to start ranking up my other classes now that I've got my hunter comfortably over 290 (~295). There's still some quest cleanup to do but I'm not too worried about it. I'd rather have my Titan and Warlock nightfall ready to fill any gaps in a team. Plus the new subclasses look awesome.

E92 M3

Are you on PS4 or Xbox? Yesterday we helped my friend kill Orxy for the first time and did it one shot.

Link to my full Titan raid gear, as I am not sure if I should post the image since its technically a spoiler.

http://i.imgur.com/4P8YZI5.jpg

So ugly! Haha. Once I start getting dupes I'm totally using those as infusion fuel. I don't think the raid gear specific bonuses are really worth it.

I love my Titan raid boots!

Top Bottom