• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

E92 M3

I keep trying new primary weapons, but for the moment I always come back to the Zhalo.
It is SO satisfying to use.
I quite enjoy switching to Hung Jury / Telesto from time to time, though...

Oh I even liked the hunter set; VoG chest is still my favorite hunter chest of them all!

I hated that piece the most! Never understood the point for that dumb ring in the center lol.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I still think ARs are behind pulse and scout rifles overall. I personally think scouts are the optimal primary in almost every situation you'd use a primary.

I feel the same, although I do switch out to an AR for certain situations. I love my Treads Upon Stars though. It's still my go to weapon. Having Will of Light on it also helps quite a bit.

X-Frame

So besides the Chaperone and Touch of Malice quest lines, what else can I ignore on my alts since I already got those weapons on my main?

I suppose the Petra quests too as my alts couldn't even get to Rank 3 to get the Boolean anyway as their brand new alts.

Waldini

So.

Sleeper Simulant guys.

The weapon that was supposed to replace the Gjallarhorn. Ah, the Horn. Such awesome memories. Boss too tough? Nuke him. Need more firepower? Nuke it. Crota Hard mode? Nuke him. The weapon that was elusive to alot of Guardians untill Xur sold it.

Now ... Sleeper Simulant. The replacer. Bungie made a godly-Exotic a.k.a Gjallarhorn. Took some ages to get one. Now they have designed the Sleeper Simulant. A weapon most of us will get by .. september 2016.

I've got this gut feeling the weapon isn't in the game. I mean, most Exotics they promoted during TTK are still "out" there. I think that, with Hard Mode Oryx coming Bungie will give us more toys to play with. Including the Simulant.

E92 M3

Huhu, I loved that ring tube!
Was looking really nice with the chatterwhite shader...

Good thing Bungie designs for all kinda tastes! Unlike most, I also don't like long cloaks for Hunters; Prefer shorter and ripped up. Found the vault cloak to be too clean looking lol.

So.

Sleeper Simulant guys.

The weapon that was supposed to replace the Gjallarhorn. Ah, the Horn. Such awesome memories. Boss too tough? Nuke him. Need more firepower? Nuke it. Crota Hard mode? Nuke him. The weapon that was elusive to alot of Guardians untill Xur sold it.

Now ... Sleeper Simulant. The replacer. Bungie made a godly-Exotic a.k.a Gjallarhorn. Took some ages to get one. Now they have designed the Sleeper Simulant. A weapon most of us will get by .. september 2016.

I've got this gut feeling the weapon isn't in the game. I mean, most Exotics they promoted during TTK are still "out" there. I think that, with Hard Mode Oryx coming Bungie will give us more toys to play with. Including the Simulant.

Solar sword is the answer the gjallarhorn! And the Sleeper SImulant is the exotic representative for the game, it's certainly available. Secondly, from the videos, it didn't seem like a very strong weapon.

Got my spindle last night finally!! Got my exotic sword yesterday too. Shit is absolutely killer. Yesterday was a good day. I can finally start working on the chaperone now. Shit is ridic in PVP

Shito

Good thing Bungie designs for all kinda tastes! Unlike most, I also don't like long cloaks for Hunters; Prefer shorter and ripped up. Found the vault cloak to be too clean looking lol.
We can agree on the ripped up cloaks, at least. :)

What happened to Ocean?
Asked for a ban.
He was briefly talking about this on bogey's twitch chat yesterday, he was starting to feel DGAF was getting a bit "toxic" for him, so he took a break.
Will miss him. :/

forgrim

Hey can the PSN community be managed via mobile at all?

the PS app definetly doesn't have a community option, been looking for it.

on another note, how do you stop the notifications for communities, couldn't find that either. It was popping up on my screen nonstop yesterday night

MikeyMike

Just ask around here on GAF or on subreddits like fireteams or blindraids and you should find someone who doesn't mind first timers.

Are you on PS4 or Xbox? Yesterday we helped my friend kill Orxy for the first time and did it one shot.

I love my Titan raid boots!

I already raided but you should be ok.

I think the number 1 thing is if you don't understand something, just communicate it. The biggest problem seems to be people going radio silent and trying to wing it.

Thanks for the reponses!

I'm on PS4 (PSN is : MikeGaum1984)

I will ask around when I'll be playing later on tonight or during the weekend (usually around 6-7PM EST).

PS4 Communities are pretty useful for finding people too... but when it comes to raiding, it's similar to DestinyLFG.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anyone still need the sword quest? I was going to do it yesterday but wasn't able to play bc of my PS4 dying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The weapon that was supposed to replace the Gjallarhorn. Ah, the Horn.
No weapon should replace the Gjallarhorn.

The lack of a single absolutely-better-than-all-for-all-times Exotic or easily available elemental primaries are factors I imagine some of you would characterize as "no fun allowed," yet they've made the game considerably better in my estimation.

They should update that asap. I cant wait to get in as well I think i pmed a mod already. Definitely want the Zhalo though..its all ive ever wanted thus far and it eludes me

Deku Tree

Is "relentless tracker" a temporary version of the nightstalker enhanced tracking? I have it on a sidearm that can be equipped by anyone...

All these Rare camo cloaks disappoint me. Ayane Takanome has bad taste and should feel bad.

Every cloak including the one from the raid look terrible to me. The only good ones are from the factions, with Cloak of Oblivion from the Dead Orbit faction quest taking top honors. Dat fur collar ftw.

I already infused it with the one I got from the raid.

rNilla

Asked for a ban.
He was briefly talking about this on bogey's twitch chat yesterday, he was starting to feel DGAF was getting a bit "toxic" for him, so he took a break.
Will miss him. :/

I hope I didn't contribute to this too significantly since I'm one of the last people that had a discussion with him. At least that's all it was from my perspective. ¯\_('--')_/¯

Every cloak including the one from the raid look terrible to me. The only good ones are from the factions, with Cloak of Oblivion from the Dead Orbit faction quest taking top honors. Dat fur collar ftw.

Queen's Arrow cloak is probably my favorite new Rare cloak but it must be a lower level one.

Are there any upcoming fresh raids I can partake in? I haven't really done anything in it, as my team fell apart and argued over the first boss x__x.

I asked this last night but it got lost amongst all the Spindle hype: When you press L1 on the Destiny GAF Community on PS4, is it supposed to show members currently online and what they're up to in game etc? Mine just has an avatar and a button saying "View in PS Store" :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I do like the Raid cloak. Actually, I'm pretty fond of the look I can get with the raid cloak and Sealed Ahamkara with Old Guard in general
CP3iMBCWcAAYyfB.jpg:orig

Still want my hawk cloak back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
sorry man, I was looking for you =(

I'm now 299 and ready for the semi-blind raid this weekend. Really stoked.

Haha yeah, I had to buy a new PS4 and it took forever to download the 35 gigs or whatever it is. No worries :)

Kalamari

Played some Salvage last night for the marks and whipped out mah bolt caster for some Krillin Destructo Disk action. One guy even tried to block, unfortunately for him, he was also using an arc sword.

phen0m24

No weapon should replace the Gjallarhorn.

The lack of a single absolutely-better-than-all-for-all-times Exotic or easily available elemental primaries are factors I imagine some of you would characterize as "no fun allowed," yet they've made the game considerably better in my estimation.

Drassil (Bogey) is a human Gjallarhorn

I hope I didn't contribute to this too significantly since I'm one of the last people that had a discussion with him. At least that's all it was from my perspective. ¯_('--')_/¯

Toxic Wafer

Did you guys get goodies from the raid?

X Frame got I think a full armor set

AND SCARLET GOT A 310 SHELL ON HIS FIRST RUN WHAT THE

Shito

Tanik's cloak is a nice change of style, I think it's the only cloak, with the original one from starting the class, leaving the helmet entirely exposed?

I hope I didn't contribute to this too significantly since I'm one of the last people that had a discussion with him. At least that's all it was from my perspective. ¯\_('--')_/¯
I'm pretty sure it was more a sum of several little things getting to him than one person in particular. ^^

I do like the Raid cloak. Actually, I'm pretty fond of the look I can get with the raid cloak and Sealed Ahamkara with Old Guard in general

Still want my hawk cloak back.

I think it fell out of favor with me because I don't have a helm that goes with it like the one you have equipped in that pic. Isn't that a rare?

Edit: Oh yeah the Tanik's one is also awesome. I don't have it yet though :(

Kyne

so you actually bought a new ps4 instead of repairing your old one.

the destiny addiction is real

I would have done the exact same thing. Probably the Destiny limited edition one too.

Then I would have repaired my other one and given it to my roomies as an xmas present
so that they could play Destiny with me.

Top Bottom