• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

So.

Sleeper Simulant guys.

The weapon that was supposed to replace the Gjallarhorn. Ah, the Horn. Such awesome memories. Boss too tough? Nuke him. Need more firepower? Nuke it. Crota Hard mode? Nuke him. The weapon that was elusive to alot of Guardians untill Xur sold it.

Now ... Sleeper Simulant. The replacer. Bungie made a godly-Exotic a.k.a Gjallarhorn. Took some ages to get one. Now they have designed the Sleeper Simulant. A weapon most of us will get by .. september 2016.

I've got this gut feeling the weapon isn't in the game. I mean, most Exotics they promoted during TTK are still "out" there. I think that, with Hard Mode Oryx coming Bungie will give us more toys to play with. Including the Simulant.

The gun that had blueprints in the CE for this game?

iunno man

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
so you actually bought a new ps4 instead of repairing your old one.

the destiny addiction is real

There was no way I was going to wait a few weeks to get it back. The thought didn't even cross my mind, haha. I am going to get my old launch PS4 fixed and mail it to my niece.

THE ADDICTION IS REAL

I would have done the exact same thing. Probably the Destiny limited edition one too.

Then I would have repaired my other one and given it to my roomies as an xmas present
so that they could play Destiny with me.

yeah that's the one I bought. But now I have an extra Destiny TTK game. Guess I can sell it.

rNilla

Toxic Wafer

Did you guys get goodies from the raid?

X Frame got I think a full armor set

AND SCARLET GOT A 310 SHELL ON HIS FIRST RUN WHAT THE

I got the shotgun, another chest (303 and already had 305), BOOTS, and completed the 310-artifact-rewarding Eris quest. I think Wallach had a pretty good haul. Can't remember what anyone else got specifically. I was running on fumes at the end.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it fell out of favor with me because I don't have a helm that goes with it like the one you have equipped in that pic. Isn't that a rare?

Edit: Oh yeah the Tanik's one is also awesome. I don't have it yet though :(
I believe it is a rare, still my highest light Helm, hahaha

I really need to look into someone these unique strike drops. I just learned the Darkblade has a fusion rifle...

Nighte

I believe it is a rare, still my highest light Helm, hahaha

I really need to look into someone these unique strike drops. I just learned the Darkblade has a fusion rifle...

Got the fusion rifle yesterday. Didnt look that special so dismantled it. Got my hopes up when I saw the name of the gun tho.

kiguel182

Well, found someone irl that also plays Destiny but he is kind of a douche. Nothing replaces DGaf!

Also, thanks for the invite I'm now part of the Destiny PS4 community, it will probably be much easier to find people to do NFs and the sort without spamming this thread!

Waldini

No weapon should replace the Gjallarhorn.

The lack of a single absolutely-better-than-all-for-all-times Exotic or easily available elemental primaries are factors I imagine some of you would characterize as "no fun allowed," yet they've made the game considerably better in my estimation.

Agreed. At the moment, I don't miss the Horn. But, this is due to the fact that Strikes have been improved and are much more fun to do.

I hope Bungie continues to utilise the Light-Level/Infusion system now. Much easier to link coming DLC and have "old" gear/weaponry remain useful.

However, I expected the Taken King to add more Exotics. Half of the "announced" Exotics have not been found yet. The Titan Exotic Chest (which gives "Evade) was found on the PS3. The Exotic Warlock helm (which I've named a few posts back) has not been found yet. Bungie left a pretty high amount of exotics behind for Year 2 and added way less Exotics back.

E92 M3

The lack of a single absolutely-better-than-all-for-all-times Exotic or easily available elemental primaries are factors I imagine some of you would characterize as "no fun allowed," yet they've made the game considerably better in my estimation.

I actually agree with this statement.

Same here. I enjoy the game much more now that I have options in each slot and nothing gets stuck like in Y1. VoC or FB was always one of my primaries and Gjallahorn never left my heavy slot in PvE.

phen0m24

I got the shotgun, another chest (303 and already had 305), BOOTS, and completed the 310-artifact-rewarding Eris quest. I think Wallach had a pretty good haul. Can't remember what anyone else got specifically. I was running on fumes at the end.

We got all the goodies on our no-fun run!

I got shit booties

Dudes I got two butt towels. One was 310 butt still. Butt towels.
Thanks Oryx.

Shito

The safest bet concerning Sleeper Simulant is that its quest will unlock at a given rank at the weaponsmith, probably a high one.
It would reward people that played the game, and would make it so nobody can unlock it the very day the extension hits.
I really hope we'll see other quests from him after rank 5.
And I hope they will not include those bullshit PVP steps... ^^

rNilla

Dudes I got two butt towels. One was 310 butt still. Butt towels.
Thanks Oryx.

We found a couple fragments we had missed before as well, so there's that I guess.

Feeling good

Unfortunately it means I used up all of my luck for TTK

I can't imagine replacing that shell anytime soon, unless an expansion brings one that's on fire or looks like a mini Servitor or something.

Deku Tree

The safest bet concerning Sleeper Simulant is that its quest will unlock at a given rank at the weaponsmith, probably a high one.
It would reward people that played the game, and would make it so nobody can unlock it the very day the extension hits.
I really hope we'll see other quests from him after rank 5.
And I hope they will not include those bullshit PVP steps... ^^

You don't. It is known.

I assume it has something to do with the hard raid, not gunsmith rank 25.

Kalamari

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie has some kind of piecemeal plan for releasing certain things, such as the Black Spindle. They were probably bothered by the data miners spoiling all of the good stuff, so they came up with a way to hide stuff and prolong the longevity of the content.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie has some kind of piecemeal plan for releasing certain things, such as the Black Spindle. They were probably bothered by the data miners spoiling all of the good stuff, so they came up with a way to hide stuff and prolong the longevity of the content.

Seems like that was the intent, and a smart move by Bungie. Keeps people interested in the game and running daily activities now that we know things like Black Spindle can happen.

I can't imagine replacing that shell anytime soon, unless an expansion brings one that's on fire or looks like a mini Servitor or something.

Yeah I'm pretty happy about it. But seriously, that's the last good drop I get until the next expansion. That's just the way it goes with me

Are any experienced King's Fall raiders raiding tomorrow night?

I've spent the last two weeks making it to the 2nd and 3rd Bosses with 90% new players. I can only raid one night and week and I'm getting antsy. I really want to beat Oryx.

Shito

Are Xur's engrams 290 or 310 or does it depend on your light level?
It depends on your light level.
Any exotic engram has a chance to decrypt to 310 if you are 300+.
It is not guaranteed, though.

[EDIT]
Haha, those answers are all other the place! ^^

Xur, please sell the Graviton Forfeit.

400 coins on helmets week one. ~250 coins on 3oC since.

Xur, pls.

XLVDl0D.png

(I really want him to sell it too but I have a feeling Titan gets the new exotic armor this week for sale...)

Top Bottom