• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

I just read that Black Spindle mission jumps to 300 light level once you board the Kvetch.

If so, that gives me hope. As a 291 and my son at 294 we got damned close with just the two of us, and a little closer when we added a third at 292, but we just couldn't kill the boss with enough time to clear out the adds. Time to gear up before the next rotation!

Good lord this crucible quest line is ass

Also rift on vertigo is straight up garbage. It takes like 5 seconds to go from the spark to the rift with the teleporter. If no one is watching it because of course randoms it's a mercy win in like 3 minutes

Nicodemic

So, I'll be available all day next saturday (social life? Pfft! Don't give me that jazz!) and I would like to join a fresh raid. First timer here though. Still, I main a titan defender with a 294 light level (probably 295 by the weekend). If anybody wants to recruit, just friend request. PSN ID: Nicodemic

If it's not a blind raid, I can watch the strat beforehand. Your time is mine guardian!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got the shotgun, another chest (303 and already had 305), BOOTS, and completed the 310-artifact-rewarding Eris quest. I think Wallach had a pretty good haul. Can't remember what anyone else got specifically. I was running on fumes at the end.
Dupe ghost (yay less ghost swapping) and dupe 308 shotgun, which got pumped into my gloirous Omolon fusion and made it stronk

darknil

Guys, is there any news when the Black Spindle patch will come? I'm trying to farm marks to buy the Vanguard Sniper to make it 307 with the one I'm holding.

If I am not able on time, I think I'll make my Susanoo 307, yay or nay?

I also have the Uzume NR4 (Gunsmith sniper) with Triple Tap and Life Support at 300.

I just read that Black Spindle mission jumps to 300 light level once you board the Kvetch.

If so, that gives me hope. As a 291 and my son at 294 we got damned close with just the two of us, and a little closer when we added a third at 292, but we just couldn't kill the boss with enough time to clear out the adds. Time to gear up before the next rotation!

Gotta reverse your strategy. Put your emphasis on taking out the Blights, then the adds they spawn, and DPS the boss between waves. After 4 waves (I think its 4) of Adds they stop and then it's 3v1 against Draviks. Ran with some groups that finished with 2-3mins leftover.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got the fusion rifle yesterday. Didnt look that special so dismantled it. Got my hopes up when I saw the name of the gun tho.
:-/ Does anyone have a screenshot of this thing?

A lot of the Year 2 weapons seem to be kind of deceptive based on the stats indicated on the stat screen. Haven't figured it all out yet by a long shot.

Different numbers seem to mean different things to different manufacturers, and the raid weapons all seem a bit less stable (but more hard hitting) on the whole their stats would seem to show.

I strongly urge everyone to give any new drop you get a shot in your hands unless it's a weapon type you outright dislike to begin with.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish my job wouldn't restrict our wifi or I would do the same. this place is shit

I would never work for a company that didnt' allow me to play Destiny at my desk during work. You should quit.

LiK

I dunno, I got killed constantly by GG in one shot in Sunbreaker mode. another Sunbreaker's fusion grenade did jackshit tho.

I would never work for a company that didnt' allow me to play Destiny at my desk during work. You should quit.

doing that as soon as I find a new job. trying to get into the gaming industry around here. but it's slim pickings in Boston and MA in general. I've applied for some. wish me luck.

Strider

Are there enough people around to get a crucible train going?

Only other thing I feel like doing this week is KF but all the experienced raiders I know have already done it this week. I'm at that point I just want it to be efficient now where everyone in the group knows what to do :/

Sounds kinda bad but yea... Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way tho. You struggle through it once or twice then you want the raid on farm status. Really wish I had a static raid group again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Super to kill 1 guy with 1 hit

meanwhile sunbreaker can hammer like 10 people with one super

Y'know, maybe sunbreakers are a bit op >_>;
Speaking of which, from my time in the Crucible yesterday...

I haven't come close to maxing Sunbreaker yet.... is there a perk that causes instant health regen when they get a kill with the hammer...?

Frenden

Banned
:-/ Does anyone have a screenshot of this thing?

A lot of the Year 2 weapons seem to be kind of deceptive based on the stats indicated on the stat screen. Haven't figured it all out yet by a long shot.

Different numbers seem to mean different things to different manufacturers, and the raid weapons all seem a bit less stable (but more hard hitting) on the whole their stats would seem to show.

I strongly urge everyone to give any new drop you get a shot in your hands unless it's a weapon type you outright dislike to begin with.

I'm not in front of my PS4 to take a shot of the actual model, but I got it to drop with Braced and Rangefinder. Paired with its high, high impact, it should be pretty good.

DzD6eA3.png

Morning DGAF! I'm off to a slow start today.

I helped an IRL buddy get the spindle last night in one run.

I also got the mauler gauntlets for my Titan. They dropped with sniper reload and increased grenade throw distance. That will do.

Oh boy...Giantbomb is live streaming the raid at 2pm CST today!? I can't wait.

LiK

Are there enough people around to get a crucible train going?

Only other thing I feel like doing this week is KF but all the experienced raiders I know have already done it this week. I'm at that point I just want it to be efficient now where everyone in the group knows what to do :/

Sounds kinda bad but yea... Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way tho. You struggle through it once or twice then you want the raid on farm status. Really wish I had a static raid group again.

everyone who plays PVP has a day job, imo.

I also no longer have a core raid group. everyone has gone on doing their own thing. I had to do King's Fall with an all new group.

Lee

Got this bounty to pop with an antiquated rune for me... Thinking about deleting it to do it all again and hopefully get the stolen rune version instead...

Antiquated can be done in under two pretty easily this week. Last week would have been tough.

Speaking of which, from my time in the Crucible yesterday...

I haven't come close to maxing Sunbreaker yet.... is there a perk that causes instant health regen when they get a kill with the hammer...?

Yup

Whenever they get a kill with fire, they get to heal up. They have alot of skills that augment their fire.

LiK

People whining about having restricted wifi access at work dont know what people without ability to use wifi at work is like :D

I get ZERO access to wifi. they only give access to "guests" which is BS. I bet our IS dept uses it freely. good thing my phone has unlimited data.

Shito

Antiquated can be done in under two pretty easily this week. Last week would have been tough.
Hmmm, haven't tried it yet, will keep the bounty until then.
I have like four Antiquated runes to use, but yesterday I couldn't get more than 2 randoms at the same time with me, so I didn't dare trying... :D

maomaoIYP

Just confirmed it. High impact sniper headshot on sunbreaker does not kill. It only does 188 damage. Sunbreaker has the highest damage resistance of all classes and roaming supers.

44/50 fragments, my agonarch rune is at 6/7 and I get out of work in 30 minutes. Hopefully tonight is the night I get the Touch Of Malice. Do I need to complete the Old Hunger quest as well as the Hunger Pangs quest?

Just came home from work early because I´m waiting for a delivery.

Turned on Destiny and after walking around aimlessly in the tower I realized I have nothing left to do until reset day.

Feels weird, but good.

Downloading Forza 6 while I type this.

I hope to get ti this point soon as well. Feels awesome.

E92 M3

Morning DGAF! I'm off to a slow start today.

I helped an IRL buddy get the spindle last night in one run.

I also got the mauler gauntlets for my Titan. They dropped with sniper reload and increased grenade throw distance. That will do.

Oh boy...Giantbomb is live streaming the raid at 2pm CST today!? I can't wait.

YES, love when GB does this.

Top Bottom