• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT32| Driviks and Draksis (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Ramirez

Just confirmed it. High impact sniper headshot on sunbreaker does not kill. It only does 188 damage. Sunbreaker has the highest damage resistance of all classes and roaming supers.

A final round will kill you though, guy domed me the other night right after I activated. Felt bad man.

Strider

I totally forgot you could infuse another classes armor into your own... Pretty sure I dismantled a 310 Warlock helmet the other day. Oops.

But yea I used my Titan 310 armor to boost my gauntlets up to 308. I have now passed 300.

D_psipher

Hmmm, haven't tried it yet, will keep the bounty until then.
I have like four Antiquated runes to use, but yesterday I couldn't get more than 2 randoms at the same time with me, so I didn't dare trying... :D

It takes a little luck to get a good group going. I took a team to CoO to farm engrams for infusion and the groups we got match made with were amazing. Everyone took their turns presenting runes. Most of the bosses got steam rolled pretty bad. It was madness. The was even a ghostbusters moment with 3 warlock on a boss. It was crazy. Should have saved a clip.

Wallach

Dupe ghost (yay less ghost swapping) and dupe 308 shotgun, which got pumped into my gloirous Omolon fusion and made it stronk

I wound up with the dupe sniper (300, dismantled), AR (not a dupe but 300 and Surrounded, so dismantled for Fabian Strategy quest), dupe chest (304, awful perks, dismantled), helm (308, infused to 310 for access to precision bonus and actually wearing a skull as a helmet hat) and the gloves (306, shotgun loader but Glutton and Buddy System need testing so I'm keeping until dupe).

Helm amd gloves were good pickups, but I still need a higher ghost and the MG. Especially the MG for Cocoon rotation.

Are there enough people around to get a crucible train going?

Only other thing I feel like doing this week is KF but all the experienced raiders I know have already done it this week. I'm at that point I just want it to be efficient now where everyone in the group knows what to do :/

Sounds kinda bad but yea... Surely I'm not the only one that feels that way tho. You struggle through it once or twice then you want the raid on farm status. Really wish I had a static raid group again.

I agree. Sounds bad, but when I run the raid now I want to finish it ASAP.

Speaking of which, is anyone planning on running CE or VoG this weekend or something? I need motes and getting shards is the easiest way to get my motes built back up.

yes

you have to beat the raid i think

Goddamit! Won't be getting it tonight then. Tried to do my raid quests on Tuesday. Got to
Oryx
and the guys I played with started bitching and arguing with each other and quit after 4 tries.

I take a break and go on DestinyLFG and find another group. We do it a few times and then I notice Ive been removed from the party and then kicked from the game with no reason at all! I didn't even die once when I played with them.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Morning DGAF! I'm off to a slow start today.

I helped an IRL buddy get the spindle last night in one run.

I also got the mauler gauntlets for my Titan. They dropped with sniper reload and increased grenade throw distance. That will do.

Oh boy...Giantbomb is live streaming the raid at 2pm CST today!? I can't wait.
Ooooh boy, i love watching games media people do raids, it usually ends in horrible yet funny "mistakes". This gonna be good.
I get ZERO access to wifi. they only give access to "guests" which is BS. I bet our IS dept uses it freely. good thing my phone has unlimited data.
Firefly-GIF-3.gif

Frenden

Banned
too bad Brad already completed it so he knows what to do. wish he archived his blind run.

Dan and Jeff going in blind will probably be enough to extend the stream to a crispy six hours, haha.

You're good people Frenden. I LOVE me some Giantbomb. I wonder if Dan was able to power level to 290 for the raid...

It was so much fun hearing all of them be excited about Destiny on the Bombcast this week.

I hope Dan made it. It sounds like MGS meandering and Destiny were all that was left on his plate.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm not in front of my PS4 to take a shot of the actual model, but I got it to drop with Braced and Rangefinder. Paired with its high, high impact, it should be pretty good.
fucking hell look at that base range plus rangefinder what the hell

between this and eyasluna I feel like people are posting about dismantling things just to hurt me

Lee

King's Fall has not been kind to my raid group. It's basically two groups of three. Me, little brother, and friend live nearby, other three are mutual friends who are closer to each other but in different cities. It's gotten toxic. Two weeks in a row we couldn't beat Oryx, and people got really negative towards the end each time or just quiet. It sucks.

I've LFG'd it in one try after failing for two hours with my team, who I should add is all 295+ and just fine at the game, but can't seem to do it. Not sure why or who the weak link(s) is/are, but I think we're going to have to just split up this weekend and hopefully everyone takes that okay.

Goddamit! Won't be getting it tonight then. Tried to do my raid quests on Tuesday. Got to
Oryx
and the guys I played with started bitching and arguing with each other and quit after 4 tries.

I take a break and go on DestinyLFG and find another group. We do it a few times and then I notice Ive been removed from the party and then kicked from the game with no reason at all! I didn't even die once when I played with them.

probably didnt like the dps you were putting out

when you experience 5 people trying to make oryx flinch and failing--thats when people get lined up against the wall and inspected

come to find out someones rocking a 7 clip hand cannon or something lol

Afrocious

If anyone needs more invites to the DGAF PSN Community, shoot me a PM with your PSN. I'll get to them once I get off work, unless there's other mods on their PS4.

Also, should I bring my Hunter into King's Fall if she doesn't have triple jump?

Dave_6

Can't thank my raid crew members Haybro and GRIP enough for assisting me in getting the Spindle last night! Took us three attempts but third time was the charm! Didn't get the ship but GRIP's great RNG continued as he got it. Now to get my exotic sword tonight or tomorrow night!

Now if I could just get a Jade Rabbit, Zhalo and/or the Telesto. I'm having awful luck with legendary primary or secondary engrams dropping. The only exotic ones I've gotten are gauntlets :/

Strider

If anyone needs more invites to the DGAF PSN Community, shoot me a PM with your PSN. I'll get to them once I get off work, unless there's other mods on their PS4.

Also, should I bring my Hunter into King's Fall if she doesn't have triple jump?

I had a better time in the jumping puzzles with higher jump over triple jump so assuming thats what you're worried about you'll be fine. Triple jump is better for the platforming in sisters/oryx but thats not really difficult anyway

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
King's Fall has not been kind to my raid group. It's basically two groups of three. Me, little brother, and friend live nearby, other three are mutual friends who are closer to each other but in different cities. It's gotten toxic. Two weeks in a row we couldn't beat Oryx, and people got really negative towards the end each time or just quiet. It sucks.

I've LFG'd it in one try after failing for two hours with my team, who I should add is all 295+ and just fine at the game, but can't seem to do it. Not sure why or who the weak link(s) is/are, but I think we're going to have to just split up this weekend and hopefully everyone takes that okay.
Well, what's going wrong at Oryx? Maybe we can pinpoint the issue and offer advice first so you can give it another shot. Is it stunning him for Doxology? Wrong person on the relic?

We made a couple adjustments on the fly after a few successive wipes last night and then blasted him off the face of the Dreadnaught
I had a better time in the jumping puzzles with higher jump over triple jump so assuming thats what you're worried about you'll be fine. Triple jump is better for the platforming in sisters/oryx but thats not really difficult anyway
I prefer Higher Jump across the board, for everything. Triple Jump sort of lulls you into a false sense of security during the
Sisters/Oryx platforms, where you feel like you can throw your first double jump away and then have the triple to compensate but can pretty easily overshoot. It's helpful for the longest-distance platform jumps but just waiting until you're roughly level with the lip of the platform you're jumping to before hitting your double has worked just fine for me.

Super to kill 1 guy with 1 hit

meanwhile sunbreaker can hammer like 10 people with one super

Y'know, maybe sunbreakers are a bit op >_>;

yall wasn't saying nothing for an entire year when Titans were trash tier for pvp though

the only class without blink and the only class with an offensive super that required close range and took a miracle to get triples with

Wallach

fucking hell look at that base range plus rangefinder what the hell

between this and eyasluna I feel like people are posting about dismantling things just to hurt me

I will not mention that I also dismantled one of those. It's pretty sweet actually base stat wise, but I only really fuck with FRs in PvE and mine had like Battle Runner and Replenish so I didn't feel that bad.

probably didnt like the dps you were putting out

when you experience 5 people trying to make oryx flinch and failing--thats when people get lined up against the wall and inspected

come to find out someones rocking a 7 clip hand cannon or something lol

More likely they were just assholes who wanted to get their friend in there. Any real raid group would talk about DPS issues if they existed. Really not hard to say "everyone use a sniper."

LiK

you don't need triple jump.

Kyne

Sunbreaker does need to be tweaked..

..which is unfortunate because Bungie doesn't how to nerf in moderation (o hi Autorifles/Handcannons).

he's going to go from being OP to shit.

How are people using the Community? Like, I joined and it's neat and all, but what's its practical purpose?

ugh

if you do road to kinds fall before taken wars, you have to road to kings fall again

why even give the quest before taken wars is complete?

so stupid

Oh fuck off (not you Bungie) I've done the Kings fall on all three characters and was hoping to get the taken wars quest (on all 3 characters again)done this weekend to get the 310 artefact

E92 M3

..which is unfortunate because Bungie doesn't how to nerf in moderation (o hi Autorifles/Handcannons).

Yeah, Bungie truly doesn't know how to nerf with moderation. They go in hard!

EloquentM

aka Mannny

Hate seeing shit like this. Let me see your work on balancing games please. Obviously they're not perfect at it but damn this arm chair developer mentality.

Top Bottom